Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    £300!sounds about right for economy return booked sufficiently in advance.

business class around £5k
  • Options
    Those fight prices are a joke. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    100% mate. I can't see it doing well in America.  They struggle for crowds out there and can't see casual's who follow joshua travelling.
  • Options
    One for the future without a doubt 

his name is Walter Bibby 

this kid has a real talent remember the name without a doubt will do well in this noble art 

https://youtu.be/BpYUcxv6QhE
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    From Tom Bell memorial night 

Tom gets buried tomorrow it wasimportant my company supported him from his first journey in the pro ranks till his last unfortunately so we made sure we supported the auction that is going towards his funeral expenses

I have a replica of Josh warringtons belt and his track suit top from that night at Elland Road 

Dave Allen looks like he is taking the Lucas Browne fight seriously 

• Options
    Couple more with Charlie Edwards and Ricky and Josh 

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    100% mate. I can't see it doing well in America.  They struggle for crowds out there and can't see casual's who follow joshua travelling.
    Being reported that 13,000 Brits will make the journey and that in only 2 hours of sales, pre general release, it's already become the biggest pre-fight sale in MSG history.
  • Options
    Tyson Fury signs deal with ESPN

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/47280228

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

At his current rate, he'll be 40 before he finishes his five contracted fights!
  • Options

Billy Joe Saunders vs Andrade ordered by WBO (the fight that was agreed last year before BJS failed the drug test)

That fight won't happen now, Billy has decided to move up a weight and fight for a vacant title instead.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Easy fight for Billy then maybe look to fight the winner of DeGale/Eubank
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Surely that makes fights very difficult across the division.

What does it mean for the Wilder rematch? Never going to be shown on both Showtime and ESPN so somebody is going to have to cough up a load of cash.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    MrOneLung said:

Surely that makes fights very difficult across the division.

What does it mean for the Wilder rematch? Never going to be shown on both Showtime and ESPN so somebody is going to have to cough up a load of cash.

Bang on the money, all it means is that Wilder is the biggest loser, he will fight for £2-3 million dollar purses again whilst Tyson and AJ avoid each other whilst being paid shit loads 

Eddie and big Al will milk this now forever
  • Options
    Such a missed opportunity in the heavyweight division. At least three fights everyone wants to see, none of them involve Jarrell miller.
  • Options
    This is either the biggest masterstroke in the world that no one else can see or its the nail in the coffin until a belt changes hands unexpectedly 
  • Options
    If Klitschko does fancy coming out of retirement, he's got 3 very very good options (and huge sums of money) available to him. 
  • Options
    This is either the biggest masterstroke in the world that no one else can see or its the nail in the coffin until a belt changes hands unexpectedly 
    It's annoyed me massively, how can we possibly have Fury, Joshua and Wilder all claiming to be the man but all now being kept away from each other. I'd be willing to put money down wilder and fury don't fight each other again as Wilder and his bods know they dodged a bullet with the bent draw. Joshua also knows Fury is all wrong for him. Fury is then left stinking the place out fighting shit overhyped fighters on ESPN. Same with the other 2 on sky and Showtime 

I don't necessarily blame the fighters, it's boxing bullshit with promoters protecting/sweating their assets and tv companies selling mug punters short 
  • Options
    Nice that these promoters and TV companies are doing all they can to give boxing fans the fights they crave. Arseholes 
  • Options
    Load of shit modern boxing
  • Options
    Carter said:
    It's annoyed me massively, how can we possibly have Fury, Joshua and Wilder all claiming to be the man but all now being kept away from each other. I'd be willing to put money down wilder and fury don't fight each other again as Wilder and his bods know they dodged a bullet with the bent draw. Joshua also knows Fury is all wrong for him. Fury is then left stinking the place out fighting shit overhyped fighters on ESPN. Same with the other 2 on sky and Showtime 

I don't necessarily blame the fighters, it's boxing bullshit with promoters protecting/sweating their assets and tv companies selling mug punters short 
    Just listened to the 5Live Boxing podcast all about this subject, and both Mike Costello and Steve Bunce are very despondent about seeing any of the trilogy fights anytime soon.

However I think that promoters such as Warren and Hearn, have misjudged the mood badly if they think that people are going to be flocking to Wembley/Cardiff or paying 60 squid PPV to see Joshua or Fury beat up a load of second rate Americans. 

Looking at the rankings recently, I even saw that joker Charles Martin has got himself back near the top ten for the WBC - who in their right mind would pay to see him fight?

It is crystal clear which fights the boxing public want, and I think that they will vote with their feet/wallets until they get them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Just listened to the 5Live Boxing podcast all about this subject, and both Mike Costello and Steve Bunce are very despondent about seeing any of the trilogy fights anytime soon.

However I think that promoters such as Warren and Hearn, have misjudged the mood badly if they think that people are going to be flocking to Wembley/Cardiff or paying 60 squid PPV to see Joshua or Fury beat up a load of second rate Americans. 

Looking at the rankings recently, I even saw that joker Charles Martin has got himself back near the top ten for the WBC - who in their right mind would pay to see him fight?

It is crystal clear which fights the boxing public want, and I think that they will vote with their feet/wallets until they get them.
    Hearn isn't chasing this though, he has sold Joshua to a market of people who don't actually like boxing and just want a showreel knockout by Joshua rather than to see a decent bout. 

British boxing, as much as people who earn money from it love to say it's buzzing. It isn't 

British boxing has a bunch of fighters with potential but not many to carry a pay per view. Anthony Joshua is the golden boy but now Groves has retired, Brook looks shot, Khan to his credit has always chased decent opponents, DeGale and Eubank are having a fight to attempt to keep themselves relevant. Saunders seems intent on turning his career into a massive underachievement.

Okolie is horrible to watch and for me should have 2 losses by DQ on his record. Charlie Edwards is a decent fighter but doesn't sell tickets for love nor money. 
    Buatsi is a prospect, Josh Kelly the same, Connor Benn isn't as good as he believes he is, Ritson got horribly shown up when stepped up after blitzing everything British boxing had to offer. Don't get me wrong there are some decent matches to be made but the obsession with pay per view will ensure the quality of bout is restricted. 

I used to see paying for a box office event as the cheaper alternative to watch It down the pub but then last few years have just seen me getting wound up with the shite matches on undercards and then that smug prick Hearn coming out afterwards and telling me 'what a nights boxing' or even worse when he says the night was disappointing. All promoters are the same but Hearn pisses me off more than most

This.
    and never has a comment deserved a "THIS" more

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Big baby Miller making huge errors already against AJ 

trying to make it personal and get AJ angry is not the way to beat him 

especially when the whole world knows you were dropped 7 times in Morecombe by Tyson Fury 

The only way Miller could’ve won this fight is put his huge frame on the chest of AJ and wear him down , Miller won’t be able to contain his aggression as the tables turned and its miller now the angry man 

easy work AJ within 4 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Big baby Miller making huge errors already against AJ 

trying to make it personal and get AJ angry is not the way to beat him 

especially when the whole world knows you were dropped 7 times in Morecombe by Tyson Fury 

The only way Miller could’ve won this fight is put his huge frame on the chest of AJ and wear him down , Miller won’t be able to contain his aggression as the tables turned and its miller now the angry man 

easy work AJ within 4 
    I would not look into that to much. Im pretty certain Miller knows he stands a very limited chance of beating AJ and is just living up to his persona and selling wolf tickets for what will be the biggest payday of his career.
  • Options
    Its just great to see some aggression out of AJ, he's been very robotic for the last couple of years
  • Options
    If this goes past 6 I will be shocked.  Hate the fight. Joshua wouldn't got USA to fight wilder as he was 'A' side but is going to fight miller. Let's hope the match ups in heavyweight divisor that we all want get made later this year...
  • Options
    James De Gale absolutely schools JR tomorrow proper takes him out smacks his arse and puts a nappy on him

Degale Vs Groves 3 Wembley in July watch this space 
  • Options
    James De Gale absolutely schools JR tomorrow proper takes him out smacks his arse and puts a nappy on him

I so hope you're right, D - although not sure I want to see George back in the ring.

I fear though that Chunky will come up short and he suits junior's style to a tee. 

• Options

You are probably the most knolegable bloke on this thread and normally get it spot on .
    I think you are wrong this time though and think jr will win.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

You are probably the most knolegable bloke on this thread and normally get it spot on .
    I think you are wrong this time though and think jr will win.
    I am humbled you say that but I think this thread has a great knowledge set on here and if used properly there’s a profit to be had in most fight nights

i tell you why I think JR will come up short , 

he doesnt have the top level in him it’s just not there 

this new coach is just a show and tell it’s an answer to a critics it’s not a serious attempt at changing 

He hasn’t changed anything in camp it’s all very much the same a quiet lack of instruction Camp planned out in the JR home ececuted in the gym the way he wants  to 

his dad has been very telling I am not niave enough to believe it all but there’s been some very telling comments and right now SR I believe is happy to allow JR to learn the hard way 

JR does not believe he lost the fights with Saunders and Groves this is a fact and if he he genuinely does believe that then he will not change anything 

Degale is fit 100% fit and for that reason I can see him absolutely boxing in quick bursts getting in and getting out , he will have too much movement for JR 

heres the bold bit I think he will trade with JR mid way through the fight and drop him not sure he will do enough danage to keep him down 

My bet 

degale Points possibly large Unanimous decision 

big Joyce stoppage  and Selby win 

nice little treble