Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    James De Gale absolutely schools JR tomorrow proper takes him out smacks his arse and puts a nappy on him

Degale Vs Groves 3 Wembley in July watch this space 
    You are probably the most knolegable bloke on this thread and normally get it spot on .
    I think you are wrong this time though and think jr will win.
    I am humbled you say that but I think this thread has a great knowledge set on here and if used properly there’s a profit to be had in most fight nights

i tell you why I think JR will come up short , 

he doesnt have the top level in him it’s just not there 

this new coach is just a show and tell it’s an answer to a critics it’s not a serious attempt at changing 

He hasn’t changed anything in camp it’s all very much the same a quiet lack of instruction Camp planned out in the JR home ececuted in the gym the way he wants  to 

his dad has been very telling I am not niave enough to believe it all but there’s been some very telling comments and right now SR I believe is happy to allow JR to learn the hard way 

JR does not believe he lost the fights with Saunders and Groves this is a fact and if he he genuinely does believe that then he will not change anything 

Degale is fit 100% fit and for that reason I can see him absolutely boxing in quick bursts getting in and getting out , he will have too much movement for JR 

heres the bold bit I think he will trade with JR mid way through the fight and drop him not sure he will do enough danage to keep him down 

My bet 

degale Points possibly large Unanimous decision 

big Joyce stoppage  and Selby win 

nice little treble 
    Whilst I don't rate Stiverne that much he has the potential to seriously derail Joe Joyce who for me has a rotten uncomfortable style. Selby should win and I absolutely see nothing other than a DeGale points shutout. Eubank actually boxed very well for the last 6 rounds v Saunders who after banking 6 rounds went on the back foot. Groves totally schooled him I honestly can't see how anyone can think otherwise 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I believe it 

• Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    Going tomorrow, anyone to watch out for on the undercard? 
  • Options
    I don’t like joe Joyce I think he is terrible to watch 

Lee Selby at lightweight offers a good watch but his opponent is very poor so we won’t learn anything but Lee is a beautiful boxer imo so much better than that night at elland road 

the rest of the card is very meh nothing really stands out 

the main event will be a great fight to be there for 
  • Options
    James De Gale absolutely schools JR tomorrow proper takes him out smacks his arse and puts a nappy on him

Degale Vs Groves 3 Wembley in July watch this space 
    You are probably the most knolegable bloke on this thread and normally get it spot on .
    I think you are wrong this time though and think jr will win.
    I am humbled you say that but I think this thread has a great knowledge set on here and if used properly there’s a profit to be had in most fight nights

i tell you why I think JR will come up short , 

he doesnt have the top level in him it’s just not there 

this new coach is just a show and tell it’s an answer to a critics it’s not a serious attempt at changing 

He hasn’t changed anything in camp it’s all very much the same a quiet lack of instruction Camp planned out in the JR home ececuted in the gym the way he wants  to 

his dad has been very telling I am not niave enough to believe it all but there’s been some very telling comments and right now SR I believe is happy to allow JR to learn the hard way 

JR does not believe he lost the fights with Saunders and Groves this is a fact and if he he genuinely does believe that then he will not change anything 

Degale is fit 100% fit and for that reason I can see him absolutely boxing in quick bursts getting in and getting out , he will have too much movement for JR 

heres the bold bit I think he will trade with JR mid way through the fight and drop him not sure he will do enough danage to keep him down 

My bet 

degale Points possibly large Unanimous decision 

big Joyce stoppage  and Selby win 

nice little treble 
    I know you got a lot of 'inside' knowledge so do you know Degale is fit and ready? I thought Degale was shot and lost both Traux fights tbh. And if he sits on ropes against Eubank and that plays into hi hands and can see at late stoppage on volume punches from eubank.

Joyce should stop Stiverne within 3. Not great fan of Joyce but Stiverne is done and is a sitting duck for Joyce pressure fighting.
  • Options

I have been told by those that are close to the team and assisted in this camp that he is in fine shape and possibly as good as when he fought Jack 

I don’t think he lost both Traux fights his UD win I believed he won that fight I didn’t see it as a loss although some did 

JD has lost two fights one against George G when they were both young and which tbf could have gone either way and was truly tight one against Traux which he avenged immediately 

I don’t get where the JD is shot comes from he has been in tough fights but he has come through it 

JR has lost twice but both times it’s been when he has had to step up to the top level he has failed 

I don’t rate JR above domestic and if it wasn’t for his surname he wouldn’t be on the radar at all 

• Options
    Very bold prediction that JD will put Eubank down in the middle rounds. He usually starts well, then takes a break from rounds 6-10 and then finishes strongly.

I started off thinking this was a joke of a fight when announced but I’ve been drawn in and I’ll be paying for it. Perhaps it’s due to the lack of other boxing on Sky? I really need to get BT Sport!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am no fan of talk like this being put out publicly it really is difficult enough to get good private sparring 
  • Options
    Going to the pub for this. Hopefully a decent crowd in there, though nobody obvious to cheer for. I said degale when it was announced, and have heard nothing to change my mind.
  • Options
    Selby going to be in trouble already cut 
  • Options
    He was in trouble but is looking more comfortable now.
  • Options
    Yeah doing a lot better managing the range now 
  • Options
    He’s not kicking on though. The other guy just doesn’t stop coming forward.

Is it a weight thing with Selby do you think?
  • Options
    Not sure I agree with that in terms of scores. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Shocking decision but I’m not shocked!

Douglas had no quality but he was by far the better fighter.
  • Options
    He’s not kicking on though. The other guy just doesn’t stop coming forward.

Is it a weight thing with Selby do you think?
    It’s hard because he is a great boxer but when your opponent don’t respect what’s coming back they will walk you down all night, he was always massive for the weight so this won’t be a bad thing moving up in weight but it’s just his style but he needs to manage his distance better 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:
    Not sure I agree with that in terms of scores. 
    I thought a draw tbh 
  • Options
    Joe Joyce just doesn't get tired, ridiculous punch volume!
  • Options
    “Joe Joyce punches like no other heavyweight“

mainly because they keep putting a very slow moving punchbag in front of him 
  • Options

Exactly. Can’t believe he hasn’t put Stiverne away yet.
  • Options

Exactly. Can’t believe he hasn’t put Stiverne away yet.
    Stiverne not great but can take a punch, took Wilder the distance in their first fight, a good 6 round run out for Joyce in his 8th fight
  • Options
    Joe Joyce has an incredible engine but I wince watching him box. He has an awful style 
  • Options
    Shocking decision but I’m not shocked!

Douglas had no quality but he was by far the better fighter.
    I had Selby by two 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Joe Joyce has an incredible engine but I wince watching him box. He has an awful style 
    I don’t buy into him at all mate 
  • Options
    Come on chunky and I have a great return due from paddy power 
  • Options
    Selby won that no doubt about it, he is a lovely technical boxer but he is soooo boring to watch. I don't mean he's a bad fighter because he isn't but his fights are always 12 round endurance tests