Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal 2 Charlton 4

Comments

• Options
    I was at this game and remember it vividly... Was only 7 at the time aswell. Seems so distant now
  • Options
    I was round my Sunderland supporting mates house, I remember laughing lots especially when the 3rd & 4th went in. Don't think I've ever seen a team get as badly dicked as we did and still win. A magical day, Monday morning was bliss with my gooner supporting manager he really appreciated it. Dont think he's been mentioned too much in the thread but JJ was quality that day
  • Options
    I couldn't get tickets but watched it at home with my brother. When we scored our first my son cried because of our celebrations - he was a baby then to be fair. Got told off by the wife so when we scored the second, third and fourth we raced upstairs to celebrate. Coming from a family of Arsenal fans, we loved it. Great times!
  • Options
    That day must rank as one of my greatest Charlton supporting days ever. Top 5 definitely.
  • Options
    Just watched that video again.

I still get a massive grin on my boat when that fourth goes in.

And the Gooners start booing. Priceless.
  • Options
    My father-in-law posted the highlights video on Facebook yesterday.

One of his friends has commented:
    "Just watched it. No dive from Henry - the bloke took his left leg out. I'm not saying he never dived - most strikers do at one time or another, but not this time."
  • Options
    That was a blatant dive from Henry. His legs had already buckled and he was on his way down long before the challenge came in.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

That was a blatant dive from Henry. His legs had already buckled and he was on his way down long before the challenge came in.

Fish took the ball , regardless of whether he dived
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

E-cafc said:

Fish took the ball , regardless of whether he dived
    I pointed this out on the Facebook post. Father-in-law has then commented below:
    "This is what makes football great, we all have our own opinions!"

- can't believe there's someone who avoids confrontation more than me!
  • Options
    Watched this in North London in a "Spurs" pub..they loved it as much as me :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's only one Deano.
  • Options
    Can’t believe that was 16 years ago.
  • Options
    I wasn’t at the game and to this day I can’t remember why I wasn’t there?
  • Options

Don't time fly when you're having fun.
  • Options

Seems like a lifetime ago to me......
  • Options
    The best goal I have ever seen from a Charlton player without doubt
  • Options

Jensen v Arsenal / Yann v Hartlepool - the former probably just about wins because of the opposition / venue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pride of place in ‘Charlton room’ bottom left ‘Black Sabath’ ticket..dined out on that day for 16 years ! After 30 mins predicted we gonna get tonked 6 by Henry..Bergkamp..Vieira...etc ...bloody awesome day..bring on Pompey

Your right , 4 - 2 v Arsenal away is pretty impressive , but its no checkatrade trophy!
  • Options
    My favourite memory that didn't involve childbirth or Wembley. Happy anniversary.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    But Richard Wright played for Arsenal :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhuXXbjVps
  • Options
    Feels like yesterday, had my eldest christened and then a big party at the valley.... all the players came back after and signed his lil shirt.... hes now a trappy 18 year old... where does time go !!
  • Options
    There's a few images from that game - and that video posted by @Stig in particular - that are seared on the memory.  

Jensen's sublime goal.  Brown's tackle.  The directors showing Wright's howler three times in slow-mo, then cutting to a shot of Bob Wilson and David Seaman looking distraught.  

But the bit I liked best was seeing Jonatan Johansson absolutely bullying Viera off the ball to set up Jensen.  Man against boy.  
  • Options
    Mr O and I had decided to do a little shopping trip to Brighton as we didn’t have Sky (our local CAFC supporting boozer was where we went for football then).
    We got in the car to come home as the game kicked off and stuck the radio on.
    After it sounded like we were being battered and the commentary was winding me right up Hubby turned the radio off.
    We got in, put our shopping away and said, ‘let’s go for a pint and find out the damage’.
    When we walked in the pub, ordered our pints of Pride and went to pay for them the barmaid said, ‘these are on the house’. 
    Totally confused I asked why.
    ’We only been the Gooners’
    I couldn’t believe it.
    A great night was had :-D
  • Options
    One of the best away days ever,still got my ticket stub .
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights again, spine tingling stuff.
  • Options
    Gavin Peacock on a rare Charlton appearance. He joined us about 10 years too late.