Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    So do I.. but RD and KM dont.. just sending a message via empty seats and reduced programme and burger/beer sales....
  • Options
    Hate being taken for a ride, hate being lied to. Hate the fact that the Belgian dictator and his little long nosed puppet don't give a flying fanny for the history of the club or the fans.
    Sorry Roland, I can't see it working.
    I'm out.
  • Options
    That's me done !
  • Options
    needless said:

How about we all support/go to games at another local club in the interim..if the Black and White theme is adopted then maybe Bromley FC ... they play (and play well as a team!) in those colours and are doing very nicely in their first season at National League level. Chants of "We're all going to Bromley" and a very noisy and slow conga style walk out during the next home game maybe ..... at least we could enjoy some local football, help out another club whilst this mess is sorted out. Come's at a cost though...Adults £10 a game if you show your Championship season ticket at the Hayes Lane turnstiles.... just a thought.

I'm upset, but I'm not going to slit my wrists just yet and head down there.
  • Options
    Is this a joke
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    A truly bizarre move but one that is typical of RD. The man seems to go out of his way to destroy and undermine any support that exists in the stands. Feels like a slap in the face with a wet fish!
    I am not sure I can boycott my beloved Charlton for that man! It is my team and club, he is merely the owner at the moment. But I can wear black and white quite easily and other forms of protest!
    My worry is that he really does not care what we do or say, plus there is not a queue of buyers out there waiting to snap CAFC up. Sadly I think his experiment will continue and we will lose a younger generation of supporters.
    Off to Rome this week, otherwise would be at the Trust's AGM!
  • Options
    For those few of you saying "He is only interim so please calm down" I would ask you if you really think that's true and honest based on the following previous statements from the RD/KM roadshow-:

(These statements are not word for word, but are pretty close as I recall)

"We need a period of stability, it was obvious when we conducted the interviews that Guy Luzon was the best person, and that's why we have given him an 18 month contract" - Sacked after 10 months!!
    "Guy is NOT under pressure and we have talked over the weekend he is fine" - Sacked 6 days later

Then there was the confidence vote in Bob Peeters, the statement that we have interviewed loads of candidates in 12 hours before Guy was appointed......need I go on?

Fraeye will not, in my opinion, be interim he will be perm. However, as others have said, I think they (RD/KM) have painted themselves into a corner, he is not a miracle worker, he managed a club in Belgium 3rd Division (badly) and he will struggle to turn us around, results will continue to be poor and we will continue to sink, when do they make him perm?

I hope, against hope, he can turn us around, but I'm a realist and whilst he has my best wishes, he is another failure waiting to happen.

Gutted, absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

ITS A TEMP.

We are searching for a new manager, someone had to come in now and coach the team, I'm sure we have have another manager soon and a higher reputation one you all desire.

Calm the fuck down

Well said , caretaker manager few weeks back everyone wanted him and Riga back ??
    It's getting really stupid this over reaction to everything the club does
    Why is no one venting there anger at Richard Murray is part of the board
    Hahahahha Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you were a conspiracy Theorist you would believe that Duchatelet was trying to compete for the title "Biggest basket case in the Football League" along with Leeds. I have written long diatribes on the flaws of this network but am running out of steam. The longer it goes on the worse it gets and unless we can get rid of RD and his dozy sidekick it doesn't matter who is coach, they will never appoint a proper manager as that would cost too much money. As for this mush good luck to him because he hasn't a chance, never coached at any level, couldn't give a flying fuck about the club and it's history he is like half the jokers on the pitch just taking the wage packet.

At least when Phil Parkinson was in charge you felt like this was still Charlton now it feels like another club in another country. God forbid but I am beginning to think that the best outcome long term is relegation so that wanker Duchatelet sells and gets out of our lives forever. In the meantime, despite having a season ticket, I won't be arranging my Saturdays around Football I'll just go if I have nothing else to do.......had enough me after 54 years this is definitely the worst situation I can remember and I include the Selhurst days in that.
  • Options

If you don't like this wan%er ruining our club then FFS BOYCOTT matches. I have not been to a single match since he took over because I as soon as he sold Kerm and Stephens I knew that the bloke was clueless and I have been calling for a boycott ever since.Unfortunatley it is the only thing he will understand.

Have you been to an away game ?

Because most Coventry fans just went to away grounds when they shared with Northampton.

We have sold good players under other chairmen/owners
    did you stop going then as well ?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Just seen one nutter slag him off and have a go at the club for bringing someone in he never heard off ....

That sums it up for me idiots

How would you feel if we appointed, for example, Karl Marginson?
  • Options
    Thing is Colin if he is "Only the coach" who picks the team? I think we all know the answer to that one and that is why we will never get a proper manager in all the while Duchatelet owns the club.
  • Options
    I wish him all the very best of luck .. he'll need it
  • Options
    needless said:

How about we all support/go to games at another local club in the interim..if the Black and White theme is adopted then maybe Bromley FC ... they play (and play well as a team!) in those colours and are doing very nicely in their first season at National League level. Chants of "We're all going to Bromley" and a very noisy and slow conga style walk out during the next home game maybe ..... at least we could enjoy some local football, help out another club whilst this mess is sorted out. Come's at a cost though...Adults £10 a game if you show your Championship season ticket at the Hayes Lane turnstiles.... just a thought.

Don't a bunch of Crystal Palace ultras support Bromley? Civil war at Charlton and Bromley.
  • Options
    This is reminiscent of Cellino appointing the Forest Green guy at Leeds. We all know it is a permanent appointment, it's been hinted at for ages. Under normal circumstances I'd be prepared to give KF a chance. But we're past normal circumstances. Going to miss the next home game (was 60-40 but 100% now).
    I can't make the Trust AGM either but I think it will be lively and I hope something concrete comes from it. I'm interested in supporting any action. After the heights of our August performances, I am already resigned to going to occasional games in League 1 next season.
  • Options
    with regard Fraeye I do find it conceivable that he has left a 'job' to help us out temporarily. I mean, managing the Dog and Duck Second X1 hardly pays well and I doubt he even has a contract. It is also the case that he is probably still on a retainer from RD so bringing him in is inexpensive. At the moment I will give RD the benefit of the doubt and assume they are going to undertake a proper process to find a long term successor. At least Fraeye knows the Club, would have been different if we were talking of a complete outsider with no knowledge of us or the league. If we do this properly and appoint say Lambert, then great. If we win our next three and on the back of that Fraeye gets the job then maybe he deserves it but if we don't and he's still appointed anyway then we would have been mugged off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While RD owns the club he can do exactly what he wants and there seems to be f*** all we can do about it.
    I have no idea what he is up to or when he will finally bail out. All I know is I feel no attachment to Charlton at present and just hope he f***s off.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

with regard Fraeye I do find it conceivable that he has left a 'job' to help us out temporarily. I mean, managing the Dog and Duck Second X1 hardly pays well and I doubt he even has a contract. It is also the case that he is probably still on a retainer from RD so bringing him in is inexpensive. At the moment I will give RD the benefit of the doubt and assume they are going to undertake a proper process to find a long term successor. At least Fraeye knows the Club, would have been different if we were talking of a complete outsider with no knowledge of us or the league. If we do this properly and appoint say Lambert, then great. If we win our next three and on the back of that Fraeye gets the job then maybe he deserves it but if we don't and he's still appointed anyway then we would have been mugged off.

I came up with this after I'd thought about it for a while. Managing a team with 300 fans probably doesn't pay as much as he earns scouting for RD. He will, also, have been told that if he does a good job he will be kept on and even if he doesn't he can probably stay on scouting and find another amateur club to manage in his spare time.

The biggest issue, for me, is that they don't seem to tell us the truth so we can't believe anything they say. He might be permanent, he might not, but as has already been said the four managers that have held the post since RD arrived all lasted less that a full season so I don't see any distinction between permanent and interim anyway.
  • Options

At last, a voice of reason!
  • Options

And I'm withdrawing from my seat on the FF as of now. No great loss as little of any note is acted upon as a result of these meetings as most fans will acknowledge. I now live over an hour's drive from The Valley so that's one of the reasons but primarily, it's a "hitting our heads against a brick wall" time once every 3 months and I have better things to do with my time.

IF KM goes ahead and arranges a Club event to " celebrate" the end of another season & the players are not allowed to attend the annual Supporters' dinner, then that's that. But if common sense prevails & she acknowledges that this long standing event can continue with the Club's blessing then I'm happy to be Ian Wallis' sidekick again. Only time will tell.

All the best FF.

Am i right in thinking Katrien was saying a few months ago she didn't want the players attending the End of Season dinner?

• Options

Wow ! That's some post, cabbles !

The comparison between RD & JD is spooky ! Please tell me DuPont's empire crumbles around him at the end !

Like you, I won't boycott games but I'm up for protests and Henry's Black & White scenarios.

And I'm withdrawing from my seat on the FF as of now. No great loss as little of any note is acted upon as a result of these meetings as most fans will acknowledge. I now live over an hour's drive from The Valley so that's one of the reasons but primarily, it's a "hitting our heads against a brick wall" time once every 3 months and I have better things to do with my time.

IF KM goes ahead and arranges a Club event to " celebrate" the end of another season & the players are not allowed to attend the annual Supporters' dinner, then that's that. But if common sense prevails & she acknowledges that this long standing event can continue with the Club's blessing then I'm happy to be Ian Wallis' sidekick again. Only time will tell.

Depressing & very worrying times but , like cabbles, I'm confident that White will overcome Black & we'll get our Charlton back, however long it takes.

Let's do our utmost to ensure it's sooner rather than later and that the damage done by then isn't beyond repair.

Keep the faith.

FF you, along with many others have been coming to this club for years. You quite rightly point out that the best course of action for you is the black and white campaign whilst you continue to go to games. I am the same. I don't mean to make it sound like I want us to go through a season of relegation, and it won't be good for the players to be involved in such an environment. I just want everything associated with RD from now on to be shit. It's a horrible thing to say, and it will be a horrible thing to see, but we can't see any modicum of stability or success under this man. The longer he's here, the worst it will be. We're stronger than him. We care more about the club. We've dealt with far worse. We can drive him out.
  • Options
    Fanny Fanackapan and Cabbles good and interesting posts.
    we are coming to the Panto season or at CAFC, the panto season is 12 months of the year. What we must do is only boo the villains, KM and RD and KF if you see him only as a puppet. What we must do is cheer the players because it's when you are playing badly and nothing is going right that you need support.
    We have been unlucky with injuries but the real worry is that the condition of our players seem more like that of a semi professional side. Maybe a lack of confidence is making them look like their are running in treacle.
    We need some Light at the end of our tunnel,
    and not just the Euro train bringing the next incumbent from the wacky world of Roland Duchatelet.