Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    If you really want things to change then BOYCOTTING HOME GAMES is the only solution.
  • Options
    Do not give RD one single penny of your hard earned money and BOYCOTT.
  • Options
    I love charlton athletic but sadly it's bye from me until the Belgian clowns are gone. :(
  • Options
    Intrim Head Coach
  • Options
    Katrien if you have anything inside you then you will know you are the only direct Roly contact we have. Therefore you know how much this decision sucks so if you have any pride in yourself resign and leave our club now. Sure another puppet will replace you but just maybe they will not make the same stupid PR howlers that you have. You should be ashamed in your role in wrecking everything good about our football club that has taken years to build. If you want to take questions from a young fan again my son has plenty to ask you.
  • Options
    That's it I'm done, I love our club but it's simply not our club anymore...
  • Options
    Yet another joke decision. Sadly my devotion to CAFC means I am unlikely to ever boycott (except the odd game), but pre match beers in the fans bar will be moved elsewhere immediately.
  • Options
    If Fraeye the man responsible for many of our stellar signings? At least he'll get a chance to see how good they are...

Thinking about about it, while he was here less than 18 months ago, how many players from that Riga team are left now? Solly, Cousins and Jackson are probably the only first teamers from that period still here, with the likes of Fox and Pope not in the team at that time.
  • Options
    Middlesborough -1 is 11/2 SJ & 5/2 elsewhere.. Could be the best bet in a long while like I am thinking the players do not take well to Karel Fraeye... Knowing Johann (friend of a friend), he will be the first in the changing room to say 'who the hell is this guy' when Karel walks in... he's not here to be coached by an amateur coach. He's here to try and get into the PL like he could quite easily play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's almost like a bad dream where every time you think it cannot get worse, it does. I honestly thought RD and KM might actually try to appease clearly unhappy loyal fans. This appointment, interim or not, is a clear message. They could not give a toss what we think.
  • Options
    Clear now there is a plan to run the club into the ground. I am struggling to work out why. Some crazy social experiment?
  • Options
    I'd rather Carol Smillie was in charge.
  • Options
    Fully expect a 'new manager bounce' against an in form and ultimately complacent Middlesbrough who underestimate Karel's red army. 0-2 Charlton Tony Watt and Simon Makienok and everyone's happy. Long odds on that one...
  • Options
    Any chance that he is trying to get Riga back and until that time he has given Karel the job to either tempt Riga or to get everything settled for his arrival. Or am I just hoping?
  • Options
    What I really don't understand is that RD has proved he couldn't care less what the fans think. So why appoint Fraeye as interim head coach when we all believe he is lying and has pretty much got the job permanently. This will just make it harder for him in say a months time if results are poor?
    If we don't win any of next three and he is given the job full-time, then that decision will then be criticised all over again so what's the point in the temporary appointment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Any chance that he is trying to get Riga back and until that time he has given Karel the job to either tempt Riga or to get everything settled for his arrival. Or am I just hoping?

Riga has got Metz joint top of the French second tier. Won't be going anywhere.
  • Options
    "I hereby declare Charlton to be relegated as Smooth Jimmy's Lock of the Week."

Ooh, that's a big lock. He makes a very convincing point.

• Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Valley11 said:

Tipping point reached. I love the club, I really do, and have done for 30 years. But the people running it now have turned us into MK Dons.
    We're a beige, bland, nothingness.
    Enough.

I know that passions are inflated at the moment. Goodness knows that the shower of stupidity that runs the club now have made some stupid mistakes. But what exactly is wrong with them appointing an interim manager while they search for a permanent one? I cant really see what alternative they have. If the new guy does a good job (to be defined) then keep him on. But if a better, permanent manager can be identified and recruited in the meantime, then all to the good.

Why is hiring an interim manager a "bad" thing?
    C'mon Chizz. Interim implies a week or two at most, which is all it takes most clubs to find a new gaffer. No one gives up a full time job for that. Any longer than that and he becomes a dead man walking managerially. It's not right but players can't be arsed to put a shift in for someone they know is out the door soon.

He's here until Roland's wheel of misfortune comes to a stop at the next unknown, improven punt.

That's 'punt' btw not a typo.
    Fair comment. I am just a bit surprised at the level of vitriol spouted over an appointment that (a) is only interim (whatever that actually means!) and (b) is *not* Malky Mackay.

In the greater scheme of things, this is far better than some of the decisions RD could have made!
    Really like what
  • Options
    Fucking hell. What a joke appointment. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    I said earlier on this was reminiscent of Parkinson's time as caretaker and eventual appointment as manager.

Now I'm worrying it might be like Les Reed mk2.
  • Options
    Even the real die hard a on here have given up
    When he took over and sacked Powell we sill had pride and passion and hope and were stable now we have fuck all
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    It may be all lost in translation, we are not getting an interim it is in fact an intern.

Seriously it don't matter who we get in the playing staff are not good enough for this league and the owner isn't going to pump any money into the squad.

If and when we fail I hope we do it spectacularly. At least then our CEO won't be able to make her cv stand out as well as her ego.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I feel like I should try and say something serious about this, but it's all a complete massive fucking joke.

To put on my optimist hat, however, I'll say that these two blokes from wherever are hopefully - please - just on RD's general "payroll" at Staprix or whatever company. Fraeye's job was as a manager at a shite Belgian 3rd division club; one can hardly call that "full time".

The other bloke - lol, I don't know. Apparently unemployed? So maybe another bloke who's bought into Roland's philosophy.

To quote Peter Mannion from The Thick of It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPaClw2kM3Q
  • Options
    I like the fact that as the situation gets worse the title given to the bloke in charge gets longer. We've gone from Manager to Head Coach to Interim Head Coach. Judging by the way Roly likes to mix things around every 6 months I'm confident this time next year the title of the bloke running the team will command a full sentence.
    I think this is the way forward.