Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    hav
    Dazzler21 said:

Anyone not wanting to go this season, can I have your season ticket so it doesn't go to waste?

Waste not, want not.

No cos that would be missing the point
  • Options

ITS A TEMP.

We are searching for a new manager, someone had to come in now and coach the team, I'm sure we have have another manager soon and a higher reputation one you all desire.

Calm the fuck down

You honestly think a coach/manger would leave a full time role at a club to take up a temp role at another club? Get real
    Of all the criticisms, I don't understand this one. Earlier today people were suggesting that the Belgian third division was equivalent to Erith & Belvedere. Is that really a full time job? I think Charlton would be a big enough step up even as interim (which I don't think he is)

At any rate, he was employed by Staprix throughout.
  • Options
    It's a great day to be Middlesbrough
  • Options

I can honestly say this is my lowest ebb with Charlton since we left the Valley. In the space of 7 days I have done a complete 360 on the Belgians. This appointment is as ludicrous as it is humiliating. The football world are laughing at us. No idea if I'll be able to stick to it, but at the moment I'm done for the season.

Lowest ebb? Give it time. By the end of this season I can guarantee that you will be feeling far worse.
  • Options
    What has gone on is not Fraeye's fault. Hope he does well obviously but we need to spend a bit more and get the best manager available...Alan Curbishley.
  • Options
    Ah well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet the players are buzzing for tomorrow.
  • Options
    10-0 Boro?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Why didn't Euell get the job on a interim basis ? Seriously why? Instead of this chump

That's far too sensible for the Mad Professor and his Slapper In The Boardroom to consider.
  • Options

Sadly whoever wrote the statement is a fool. I cannot believe a true Charlton man would be responsible for that utter crap.

It appears some people will do anything for money.

"Masterminded Charltons upturn in fortune" is an insult to our intelligence and quite simply wrong.

One word.

Waffle.

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

10-0 Boro?

Only if they keep their foot on the gas
  • Options

Chizz said:

Valley11 said:

Tipping point reached. I love the club, I really do, and have done for 30 years. But the people running it now have turned us into MK Dons.
    We're a beige, bland, nothingness.
    Enough.

I know that passions are inflated at the moment. Goodness knows that the shower of stupidity that runs the club now have made some stupid mistakes. But what exactly is wrong with them appointing an interim manager while they search for a permanent one? I cant really see what alternative they have. If the new guy does a good job (to be defined) then keep him on. But if a better, permanent manager can be identified and recruited in the meantime, then all to the good.

Why is hiring an interim manager a "bad" thing?
    C'mon Chizz. Interim implies a week or two at most, which is all it takes most clubs to find a new gaffer. No one gives up a full time job for that. Any longer than that and he becomes a dead man walking managerially. It's not right but players can't be arsed to put a shift in for someone they know is out the door soon.

He's here until Roland's wheel of misfortune comes to a stop at the next unknown, improven punt.

That's 'punt' btw not a typo.
    Fair comment. I am just a bit surprised at the level of vitriol spouted over an appointment that (a) is only interim (whatever that actually means!) and (b) is *not* Malky Mackay.

In the greater scheme of things, this is far better than some of the decisions RD could have made!
  • Options

In 10 short years we've gone from the way to run a successful football club to to the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

After 54 years I'm hanging up my rattle and scarf.

Good luck to all those who stay aboard the Good Ship Pinocchio.

I fancy Park View Road may soon see an up turn in attendance figures.

and what about the pig's bladder?
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, Les Read was appointed as the permanent manager when the truth was that he was only interim (on his existing contract). The reason given (later) was that the players would not accept/respond to him if he was only interim. Given LR was well respected at the club, what chance the new guys ?
  • Options
    The only positive of this appointment is that it isn't scumbag McKay. My choice would be Nathan Jones who wouldn't break the bank. One poster suggested some of our injured players may make miraculous recoveries -poor on them but hope it may happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:

If I recall correctly, Les Read was appointed as the permanent manager when the truth was that he was only interim (on his existing contract). The reason given (later) was that the players would not accept/respond to him if he was only interim. Given LR was well respected at the club, what chance the new guys ?

You don't think that RD and KM actually believe anything ever happened at Charlton before they took over do you?
  • Options
    Oh dear, I don't understand where the club is going.

It looks like a shocking appointment. The guy was managing in the Belgian third division!

I just can't see how our club is going to be enjoyable or successful under the current ownership anymore.
  • Options
    Watch the team I love run into the ground by this shallow,brain dead, turgid establishment ?

No thanks. I'm out
  • Options
    Yipeee!!!

Roll up!
    Roll up!

The Belgian state circus has hit town
  • Options

In 10 short years we've gone from the way to run a successful football club to to the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

After 54 years I'm hanging up my rattle and scarf.

Good luck to all those who stay aboard the Good Ship Pinocchio.

I fancy Park View Road may soon see an up turn in attendance figures.

and what about the pig's bladder?
    I keep that under my pillow!

• Options

Oh dear, I don't understand where the club is going.

It looks like a shocking appointment. The guy was managing in the Belgian third division!

I just can't see how our club is going to be enjoyable or successful under the current ownership anymore.

I can tell you where it is going next year. Bradford, Shrewsbury and Port Vale to name just 3 places.