Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    That's some weight loss! What is his secret?
  • Options
    Wish I could lose 1.2 pounds in 2 minutes, maybe all I need is a special towel.
  • Options
    UFC 214 tonight, huge lineup. The return of Jon Jones but i think Lawler v Cowboy Cerrone will be the fight of the night.
  • Options
    Very excited for this one. Will be staying up for it.

Lawler Cowboy should be lots of fun, as should Manuwa Oezdemir. Would love to see Maia win and for DC to annihilate Bones. I can't see either of those happening but who knows?
  • Options
    Hope Cowboy bounces back tonight, was outclassed by Masvidal last time out, always good to watch though
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    One of the best cards ever, looking forward to it. Can see Cyborg winning early. Lawler V Cerrone being class, Lawler to win. Woodley to retain and Jones winning again. The DC Jones stare down was intense!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wERh7u8NKOw

Never understand how they can boo DC and cheers Jones.
  • Options
    Jon Jones easily one of the greatest of all time
  • Options

I feel for DC. "He won both fights, is there a rivalry?"
  • Options
    Gutted for DC, the fight clearly meant everything to him and he was winning both rounds before getting caught with that disguised head kick.
  • Options

Whilst I probably agree there are quite a few question marks above him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jon Jones tests positive for steroids.

Wow!

What a fool and how sad for Cormier.
  • Options
    Such a prick. I'm glad in a way as no longer anyone can say he's the GOAT. Absolute stain of a human being with all the shit he's done and people will still cheer for him and boo DC. Fuck off you waste of space.
  • Options

Jon Jones tests positive for steroids.

Wow!

What a fool and how sad for Cormier.

What? Gear in MMA, never......!
  • Options
    What an absolute mug, how stupid can one bloke possibly be?!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Such a prick. I'm glad in a way as no longer anyone can say he's the GOAT. Absolute stain of a human being with all the shit he's done and people will still cheer for him and boo DC. Fuck off you waste of space.

I think we need to first understand why he felt the need to do what he did, before judging him.

Drug abuse should be understood and then the appropriate help offered to ensure that Bones has all the support he needs to help him through this obvious troubling time :neutral:
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

I think we need to first understand why he felt the need to do what he did, before judging him.

Drug abuse should be understood and then the appropriate help offered to ensure that Bones has all the support he needs to help him through this obvious troubling time :neutral:
    But how many chances does this guy need? Every time he does something wrong it gets excused because his mind wasn't in the right place, then he comes back and he's a changed man. He's changed more times than Dr Who. Seriously fuck him.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

But how many chances does this guy need? Every time he does something wrong it gets excused because his mind wasn't in the right place, then he comes back and he's a changed man. He's changed more times than Dr Who. Seriously fuck him.
    I'm with you all that way. I was taking the proverbial.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I'll whoosh myself. This has made me really angry though. I think I have a dislike for the guy with all the things he's done wrong and there are still meatheads who'll cheer the guy. How can anyone bring themselves to cheer for a cheating, lying, coward?
  • Options
    Fucking idiot. It's one thing taking performance enhancing drugs as a sprinter or cyclist but it should carry a prison sentence in combat spirt. Especially when it's someone capable of inflicting serious damage on another human being like Jones
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

I'll whoosh myself. This has made me really angry though. I think I have a dislike for the guy with all the things he's done wrong and there are still meatheads who'll cheer the guy. How can anyone bring themselves to cheer for a cheating, lying, coward?
    And boo DC who's a complete professional?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

And boo DC who's a completely professional?!
    Exactly. It just goes to prove that people are idiots.
  • Options
    Always found it funny that the crowd cheered him after everything that he's done.

Cormier deserves a lot better
  • Options
    Having claimed that DC V JJ was one of the best cards ever above I think they've topped it with 217.

My pics

Bisping
    Cody
    Joanna.

Would you ever see three (undisputed) world title fights on a boxing card? I think Dillashaw v Garbrandt is worthy of being a main event and likewise Joanna's next fight which would beat the women's title defence record if she beats Namajunas. Wonderboy and Hendricks are also competing.
  • Options
    I cant wait for this, I love Bisping got to be the best shit talker i've ever seen. Don't know if its an act but i think GSP looks scared.

Garbrandt vs Dilashaw is going to be amazing, can't pick a winner in that one
  • Options
    couple of mates who i was at the boxing with last weekend, are big ufc nuts, like serious stattos and they pretty much said what @Friend Or Defoe says the fights are much better and the cards are usually a lot better aswell so more value for the fans, also at most ufc events you dont get knobhead tagalongs that have a burton suit and chucking money about like some sort of big shot before descending into a dust up, before "nicking" a bird.
  • Options
    One of the reasons that I'm not keen on McGregor, he attracts those sorts.
  • Options

couple of mates who i was at the boxing with last weekend, are big ufc nuts, like serious stattos and they pretty much said what @Friend Or Defoe says the fights are much better and the cards are usually a lot better aswell so more value for the fans, also at most ufc events you dont get knobhead tagalongs that have a burton suit and chucking money about like some sort of big shot before descending into a dust up, before "nicking" a bird.

I've been to more than my fair share of MMA and boxing shows and I agree that the MMA crowds are generally there for a love of what they are going to see, boxing shows attract people that love aggro but don't get the methodology behind it. Kickboxing crowds were similar to MMA crowds in that the crowd would be made up of competitors supporting gym mates, the usual and same as boxing with various friends and family but not the hangers on.

I reckon a big part of this is because MMA is still fairly niche, ask most people to name... 5 MMA fighters and they would struggle, ask them to name 5 boxers and even my cats would be able to run off a list. It's still a developing sport and whilst it's a very well supported sport, other than Connor McGregor or to a lesser extent Rhonda Rousey not many have transcended it. None of this is a criticism, I really enjoy MMA but for me it's still an enthusiasts preserve more than boxing is, which makes it better in one way but also a harder sell in another
  • Options
    certain boxers also attract bad crowds, aj being one of them, tyson fury another. anyway ill not sidetrack the conversation enjoy the weekends card.
  • Options
    I hope it stays niche. But seeing Demetrious Johnson's record breaking victory with one of the best finishes ever co-main to an Interim Lightweight fight; you do worrry.
  • Options

I hope it stays niche. But seeing Demetrious Johnson's record breaking victory with one of the best finishes ever co-main to an Interim Lightweight fight; you do worrry.

To be fair the heavier weight has mainly been the headliner from my memory unless there is a draw on the card.

War Bisping!