Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    Getting in the right hand lane at Fiveways, to go straight ahead towards Chislehurst .
    Then getting through from Grid 10 position, without some barsteward signalling right and then stopping at the last minute.

It happens about every 10 years !
  • Options
    The dickhead who climbed The Shard earlier in the year getting banged up for 6 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50128302
  • Options
    The work that's been done reshaping the land at Wallesea Island using earth from Cross Rail, then flooding it to make lagoons and marshes. It looks stunning from the air and more importantly will be a great haven for wildlife. I counted 13 different bird species there on Sunday. I'm sure there will be plenty more when it's had the chance to bed down a bit.  
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Stig said:
    The work that's been done reshaping the land at Wallesea Island using earth from Cross Rail, then flooding it to make lagoons and marshes. It looks stunning from the air and more importantly will be a great haven for wildlife. I counted 13 different bird species there on Sunday. I'm sure there will be plenty more when it's had the chance to bed down a bit.  
    Be great to get out on that with the Spaniel and an old 8 bore. Quack Quack
  • Options
    I've been meaning to post this for a while,  but seeing, and just missing, one of these while driving out at 5am the other morning -

• Options
    ....Just to clarify, I'm not claiming to have taken this photo, it's a stock I found on internet
  • Options
    ....Just to clarify, I'm not claiming to have taken this photo, it's a stock I found on internet
    What is it? A Marten of some kind?
  • Options
    What is it? A Marten of some kind?
    It's a genet mate, sorry I thought I named it in my op but I never
  • Options
    What's it doing in France? Abandoned pet, or have they migrated?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting confirmation that we are on the list for our 5th and final dog, the pups due in December then we will get confirmation that a L/C male is available in sometime in January. Hopefully this fella will be mentored by our Bailey and become our third Therapy dog. Bowyer (Bow’s) or Taylor leading the race for names. 😀
  • Options
    Waking up to find a colony of Boletus Edulis on the lawn.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    What's it doing in France? Abandoned pet, or have they migrated?
    Brexit.
  • Options
    @stig Yeah, I think that's how they started, now they're spotted throughout SW France. We see one on the outskirts of a town called Payzac which, according to to official map of despertion, is about 20km too far east
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Waking up to find a colony of Boletus Edulis on the lawn.
    Keep getting the natives on our landing rooting for mushrooms. Told the old 90 year old from the village I'm gonna kick his fuckin head in if I catch him at it again
  • Options
    Pub gent’s toilets that have a pump soap and moisturiser, working/clean taps and paper towel dispensers rather than a crap hand dryer..
  • Options
    Dairy Milk Big Taste Triple Choc Sensation.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Been suffering with Crohn’s / IBS flare up for 16 weeks. That feeling when you eventually do something that resembles and feels like proper pony !
  • Options
    Credit where it's due - The ease of renewing our passports from the Passport Office. Mrs done her's last year some time, with no problems and I've just had an email tonight to say my new one is on it's way. That's 10 days exactly from applying and setting up an account, to them sending it out, and the includes the 5 days it took La Poste to get my old one through France, registered delivery!
  • Options
    At our place in Ireland, open fire, nice wine, Chip Taylor and Carrie Rodrigues on the cd.
    Tomorrow walk the land.
    Bliss.
  • Options
    Our lounge carpet (Cream) coming up nice and clean again after my domestic ventures with the vax yesterday. 
  • Options
    Yellow wagtails back in the garden for the winter. Hopefully get another brood going. They knocked out 6 last time, all survived and fledged 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Our lounge carpet (Cream) coming up nice and clean again after my domestic ventures with the vax yesterday. 
    Dogs and cream carpets, blimey you're brave  :)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Dogs and cream carpets, blimey you're brave  :)
    Three times a year its done, it was down when we moved in, obviously a quality carpet. I took this for the people in the Shep world that think I do feck all except exercise our dogs  :D
  • Options
    Cranes flying South signifies the end of the Summer -