Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how was the A block?

Probably the best opposition for atmosphere but did it help?

Comments

• Options
    In a word...... No
  • Options
    Couldn't hear them from north upper.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Couldn't hear them from north upper.

Couldn't hear you from the A Block so there :-P
  • Options
    Someone chucked a Sudoku puzzle in there just before k.o. That shut the buggers up!
  • Options
    The Social Services had "spotters" out in force. ;)
  • Options
    They tried with a solid rendition of VFR. Then they realised that it wasn't what it was cracked up to be.... If I were them I would scoot along to the £400 nicker seats and get a good view of the footy. A solid away crowd will muller 'em.
  • Options
    I sat there (for the first half) and it was pretty quiet to be honest. There was one voice I could hear singing on his own from right at the back. The voice of an angle..........................grinder.

Wonder if it was MSE7................
  • Options
    Looked to me like they was sat down most of the game as well
  • Options
    Is that why there was the black partition thingy in the Jimmy seed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are my Charlton, my only Charlton!

It wasn't me either.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Huskaris said:

Is that why there was the black partition thingy in the Jimmy seed?

I think that was there to deflect the massive sound waves from A block. Health and safety gone mad!

Didn't want a load of northerners suing the club.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will improve as the season goes on...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Fine thanks done a Sudoku someone chucked at us in about 5 mins including a comfort break. We sang to the North Stand / Upper Cupboard End (take your pick) to sing us a song and total silence. Never bothered asking the West Stand they were all dozing off :-0

Must of been at the wrong game mate, Covered end was buzzing
  • Options
    edited August 2014

RedChaser said:

Fine thanks done a Sudoku someone chucked at us in about 5 mins including a comfort break. We sang to the North Stand / Upper Cupboard End (take your pick) to sing us a song and total silence. Never bothered asking the West Stand they were all dozing off :-0

Must of been at the wrong game mate, Covered end was buzzing
    Don't be daft I've always been at the right game for the last 55 years Paulie anyway couldn't hear you above the A block choristers, until we scored the winner :-)
  • Options
    Bit harsh lads. Everyone knows Giro day isn't until Monday. Once they get their benefits they'll be able to afford a few cans of special brew and they'll be as loud as f**k!!

A Block Army!!
  • Options
    And there was me expecting a cauldron of noise in the East Stand led by the A block, and a deserted Upper North...
  • Options
    Biggest anti climax of all time
  • Options
    Sponsored by the British Library
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whole ground was really quiet today, nobody really seemed 'up for it' it seemed. Until injury time of course.
  • Options
    To be fair, can't really stand as there are disabled bays at the back. If you stand, they can't see a thing.

I expected a lot of let's say "yoof" to be there...
  • Options
    Didnt even realise they were there from my seat in F Block, East Stand. Think the Club have made a ricket here. Against teams that fill the away end we are going to lose loads of revenue because of the seats they can't use in the Jimmy Seed. Plus I'm sure added Police costs for games like Millwall. I wonder if they ran this past the Old Bill first.
  • Options
    The view of the pitch was a lot better than I expected. I didn't notice any morons either, it seems like a decent mix of all ages, from kids, even to the guy sitting with us around 70/80. Decent start...
  • Options
    Looked pathetic, if I had a ticket there id be getting it changed back to covered end, luckily I don't
  • Options
    great, moved to a seat of my choice in the second half
  • Options
    I lost half my ear in A block today, I phoned lost property and they've not got it. It was riotous.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

great, moved to a seat of my choice in the second half

Was always going to happen. Pay £150 for a season ticket but sit in a seat where someone has paid 3 times more.

Unless the ground is sold out every week
    then it was always open to abuse.