Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

Currently going with a group of about 8 of us going to Gold Cup day at Cheltenham. We've got a minibus booked. Advice would be welcome from anyone who's traveled from Dartford (or the surrounding areas) to the racecourse before in terms of what time to set off. Don't want to get stuck in traffic and miss any of the racing.

I'd leave as early as you possibly can. Why take the chance of hitting trouble on the M25 and the later you leave it the worse the traffic will be when you get to Cheltenham.
    Like Covered End says you can't get there too early. The atmosphere in the 2/3 hours before racing, either in the town or on course, is great.
    This.

The gates open at 10.30 and why miss a minute of the build up? If I was driving from the south-east I would leave around 6.30am which should get you parked up by 10.00am. Do not underestimate the traffic - it can be and usually is horrendous.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

The reason for the drift on Melon is due to a rumour Ruby Walsh will choose to ride Bunk off Early instead of Melon.

That rumour is false - again on very good authority.
    As confirmed by Mullins in his big presser today

Mullins:

"He's a fine, strong, tall horse with plenty of ability, but is one that lacks experience. We are likely to have plenty of runners in the race including Bunk Off Early who has Grade 1 form, but based on homework, I'd say it will be an easy enough decision for Ruby to ride Melon. He has only had one run over hurdles, though we did train Fiveforthree to win the Neptune Novices Hurdle on just his second start over hurdles, so we've done it before albeit not in the Supreme. He has plenty of jumping experience at home and he seems a natural jumper too. I wouldn't be worried about his lack of experience from a mental perspective either".

The only thing in that quote that sends shivers down my spine is the Neptune quote - Melon has an entry for that race too!!
  • Options
    DEFINITELY RED
    Very good winner yesterday now as short as 12/1 for the National with William Hill.
    16/1 available with 365, Ladbrokes and Corals
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My friend just messaged me with this 10 fold acca asking me what he should do, see it through of course! The 1st five horses won :lol:image
  • Options
    keep going, cash out is the devil
  • Options

Artifice Sivola was shit. Definitely should of cashed out.

Don't worry, I've reminded him! Hahaha :lol:
  • Options
    The bookies are strongly advertising the cash out option.

So, there can only be one logical conclusion. Don't cash out.
  • Options
    The horse (and value) has probably well and truly bolted on this one but Chris Gordon has had no less than 13 winners from his last19 runners. He runs Starkie (2/1) in the 2.10 and Ballycoe (5/2) in the 2.40, both at Southwell.
  • Options

The horse (and value) has probably well and truly bolted on this one but Chris Gordon has had no less than 13 winners from his last19 runners. He runs Starkie (2/1) in the 2.10 and Ballycoe (5/2) in the 2.40, both at Southwell.

Add Bobo Mac 6/5 in the 3:10 and make it a treble.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GRAY9 said:

I prefer the unexposed Royalzaro in the Bobo Mac race. It's a best priced 8/1 with the bookies but has drifted to 14 on Betfair and that's a decent enough price to take a chance for an animal that will enjoy the better ground and step up in trip.
  • Options

GRAY9 said:

I prefer the unexposed Royalzaro in the Bobo Mac race. It's a best priced 8/1 with the bookies but has drifted to 14 on Betfair and that's a decent enough price to take a chance for an animal that will enjoy the better ground and step up in trip.
    Starkie lost and both Ballycoe and Royalzaro have been withdrawn due to the misreporting change of going.
  • Options
    You've got to watch the 4:45 at Newbury.

Jockey James Ridley a country mile clear on Looklikerainted dropped his hands mistaking the winning line for the half furlong marker and was caught by 2 horses.

Looklikerainted SP 33/1 - £33k matched at 1.01
    The winner SP 100/30 - £197 matched at 999/1

Crazy.
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

Jockey James Ridley a country mile clear on Looklikerainted dropped his hands mistaking the winning line for the half furlong marker and was caught by 2 horses.

Crazy.

Been stood down for 28 days.
  • Options
    GRAY9 said:

Crazy.

You've got to feel so sorry for those "course siders" and those with the SIS raw feed where fastest finger leave you with no place to go. Not!
  • Options
    Sir John Lavery for the 2017 Derby currently 20/1
  • Options
    quite a few in pub yesterday have backed debt collector ew in the 3:30 meydan.
    Rumours of info from Dubai. Most likely BS but at 50/1 4 places with skybet and no footie to lose my money on this weekend, I had to have a small ew.
  • Options
    Cresswell Legend - Huntingdon 5.20.
  • Options
    Balls missed that and backed Buckby Boy

The two Godolphin runners yesterday were impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Addickted said:

Cresswell Legend - Huntingdon 5.20.

Think that's my first ever Boom!
  • Options
    Backed it, nice one mate
  • Options
    So.... Saturday...
  • Options
    Two days of very good racing coming up before the nonsense on Saturday!
  • Options
    anyone else on here heading up for saturday? was really looking forward to it before merseyrail put a strike in action wankers
  • Options
    4.40 Aintree .....Double W's, more at home here than was at Cheltenham.
  • Options
    backed double w's last night rule 4!
  • Options
    really thought cue card had that then bollocks!!
  • Options

really thought cue card had that then bollocks!!

Great ride by Lizzie Kelly.

Buveur D'Air won me some dosh in the 3.25.
  • Options
    sralan said:

4.40 Aintree .....Double W's, more at home here than was at Cheltenham.

Nice work, won at 8/1.