Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    gamble landed as backed limini this morning at 5/1 now 2/1 for the mares
  • Options

gamble landed as backed limini this morning at 5/1 now 2/1 for the mares

I can't see her running in the Mares against Vroum Vroum.

She may well be good enough for what looks like a very open Champion Hurdle - 12/1 available and I might have a nibble at that.
  • Options
    @bobmunro could vvm not be aimed at the champion hurdle
  • Options

@bobmunro could vvm not be aimed at the champion hurdle

Anything's possible - I just can't see them running against each other.
  • Options
    @bobmunro i cant see it either, so will be upto mullins now what he wants to do will all probably be v last minute.
  • Options
    I think that 2m is far too short for Vroum Vroum Mag, unless it came up heavy. She really struggled to win a race over that trip last time.
  • Options

I think that 2m is far too short for Vroum Vroum Mag, unless it came up heavy. She really struggled to win a race over that trip last time.

Agreed
  • Options
    VVM for the Mares or the Stayers, with Limini for the Mares or the County, but as Bob said not the same race.
  • Options
    Congrats Smiffy wherever you are !!
  • Options
    Thank you @sralan that was a performance of old what we knew he was capable of, has been so frustrating of late. Booooooooom
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tongue tie make the difference?
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Tongue tie and hood worked a treat plus George woods 5lb claim, all factors, long overdue that's for sure, I was shocked that he never came off the bridle till the last furlong n half, looked so good, buzzing again !!!!

Very well done, Marc.
  • Options
    Thanks Bob.

Good luck today @killer kish hopefully he goes in again.
  • Options
    Geraghty probably out injured for Cheltenham .. could mean a lot more JPM rides for Coleman who I thought would have got the green and gold job last year when AP retired
  • Options
    Melon drifted on Saturday to bigger than 12s on Betfair @bobmunro
    Did you or anyone hear why ?!
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

That's interesting. Currently trading at 6.6, with Moon Racer favourite at 5.3.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Money would have come in for Charli Parcs (before his run on Saturday) and Moon Racer - plus a general feeling that Melon was the wrong price.

I have it on very good authority that Melon is spot on and as long as nothing happens in the next two weeks he will take his place in the Supreme.
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

What's the liquidity? Coppers I would guess.

He is still favourite or joint favourite with most books.
  • Options
    The reason for the drift on Melon is due to a rumour Ruby Walsh will choose to ride Bunk off Early instead of Melon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

The reason for the drift on Melon is due to a rumour Ruby Walsh will choose to ride Bunk off Early instead of Melon.

That rumour is false - again on very good authority.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bookies have shortened Vroum Vroum Mag for the mares as has Limini for the Champion. Haven't seen anything but is that indicative of where they are heading?
  • Options

Bookies have shortened Vroum Vroum Mag for the mares as has Limini for the Champion. Haven't seen anything but is that indicative of where they are heading?

Most likely - they won't run against each other that's for certain.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

Just over £1,200 available at prices from 5.9 to 6.8.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

More than I would have thought, but still tiny compared to the main operators.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Big_Bob said:

More than I would have thought, but still tiny compared to the main operators.
    True enough. Market size £261k.
  • Options
    Currently going with a group of about 8 of us going to Gold Cup day at Cheltenham. We've got a minibus booked. Advice would be welcome from anyone who's traveled from Dartford (or the surrounding areas) to the racecourse before in terms of what time to set off. Don't want to get stuck in traffic and miss any of the racing.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Currently going with a group of about 8 of us going to Gold Cup day at Cheltenham. We've got a minibus booked. Advice would be welcome from anyone who's traveled from Dartford (or the surrounding areas) to the racecourse before in terms of what time to set off. Don't want to get stuck in traffic and miss any of the racing.

We're driving from Bromley and leaving at 8am latest. Let's face it, you really can't get there too early, a great atmosphere and all the pubs will be very busy. The traffic in Cheltenham is 1st gear or stop from about 11am. It also depends where you are parking. It takes @25 mins to walk from the town centre to the Racecourse and the same to drive after 11am.

2.5 hours on a non racing day.

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp#fromNode=0|Dartford DA4 0JA, UK||0.195348|51.360712|toNode=0|Evesham Rd, Prestbury, Cheltenham GL50 4SH, UK||-2.068767|51.919200
  • Options

I'd leave as early as you possibly can. Why take the chance of hitting trouble on the M25 and the later you leave it the worse the traffic will be when you get to Cheltenham.
    Like Covered End says you can't get there too early. The atmosphere in the 2/3 hours before racing, either in the town or on course, is great.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

That rumour is false - again on very good authority.
    As confirmed by Mullins in his big presser today