Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Just saw reported somewhere they only had 8 players, I could not believe it but according to Wikipedia(That ever reliable source) this is their current squad:

Gary MacKenzie-DEF
Tony McMahon-DEF
Charles Dunne-DEF
David Perkins-MF
Steve Davies-FW
Bobby Grant-FW
Sergei Zenjov-FW
Tom Barkhuizen-FW

So no Keepers either, I wonder how their pre-season training is going,
Although according to their website the only have 1 friendly as well which is against Burnley in August.

I am sure they will spend when they get the Tom Ince money tho

Comments

• Options
    Right now I feel sorry for the supporters.
  • Options
    Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt spend the money... Isnt Karl Oysten similar to the Gliksteens when it comes to spending money?

Didnt realise that Matt Gilks had joined Burnley on a free... Another good GK who is gonna warm the bench, wouldnt have minded him at Charlton
  • Options
    Jose has landed himself right in it up there.
  • Options
    Don't they have fuller too?
  • Options
    More concerned with our squad tbh.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Right now I feel sorry for the supporters.

So do, imagine having to live in Blackpool
  • Options
    They were in a very similar position last season.
  • Options

I think Fuller is out of contract.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It is a shame, they really do have an owner to be worried about.

Decent set of fans too, from the amount of times i used to chat to them about our respective results at service stations on the way home from a northern away game when i lived in Scotland.
  • Options

I believe he signed a 1 year contract with the option of another year, but I don't think that was taken up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel sorry for Jose, was desperate to stay in England and the championship so took the first opportunity, not realising what an absolute basket case of an owner they have.
  • Options
    They may well have only 8 players when they come to the Valley, but I'm sure Barnsley Blackpool Boris will run the show as per usual!
  • Options
    Given how we feel about signing the three or four to complete our squad and how we beat them 3-0, I make Blackpool almost certain to go down. The sooner we climb the table away from messes like this the sooner we can be sympathetic rather than gloating. The Oysters have taken parachute money out of Blackpool to fund other business activities.
    I would hope any half decent player would always choose us over them.
  • Options
    I just can't see them staying up this season - they were incredibly lucky to stay up last season.
  • Options

Jose has landed himself right in it up there.

Indeed, bless his cotton socks.

Deserves better .

• Options
    Bubble said:
    That'll help them with compensation and all that. With no players they don't, exactly, need a manager do they?
  • Options

Bubble said:
    That'll help them with compensation and all that. With no players they don't, exactly, need a manager do they?
    They have money tho!!! Oysten is too busy spending it on himself!
  • Options
    I say go Jose, you will only damage your reputation at Blackpool, leave while u still can
  • Options

I say go Jose, you will only damage your reputation at Blackpool, leave while u still can

Hey, what about the loyalty ? Poyet shouldn't leave Charlton, even though he was out of contract, but Jose should walk out on Blackpool ? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey, what about the loyalty ? Poyet shouldn't leave Charlton, even though he was out of contract, but Jose should walk out on Blackpool ? :-)
    8 years and a month at the respective clubs. Big difference
  • Options

Think you will find I have never said Poyet should not leave
    and I have clearly said Loyalty does not exist in Football anymore
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ( Presuming Jose has a contract ), you're saying it's ok to break that, because he hasn't been there very long.
    However, Poyet didn't have a contract, but he should have signed one ? :-)

It'll never stand up in court guv :-)
  • Options

( Presuming Jose has a contract ), you're saying it's ok to brek that, because he hasn't been there very long.
    However, Poyet didn't hve a contract, but he should hav signed one ? :-)

It'll never stand up in court guv :-)

As I just said I never said Poyet should stay
  • Options
    You're no fun paulie. Let's wait for those with double standards :-)
  • Options
    Bubble said:
    Riga does seem to whore himself about a bit doesn't he? Maybe that's another reason why RD wasn't keen. His career history certainly supports this.
  • Options
    That was the reason I heard. He didn't want to appoint Riga for the longer term, because Riga walked out on him at Liege.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28194124

although they are trying to make it 9
    Elliot Grandin released by Palace, joined Blackpool in Feb until the end of the season, now they are trying to keep him longer although he is wanted by Brighton and The Spanners
  • Options
    Still no GK tho
  • Options
    Forget them! Let's sign David Perkins off em!!