Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Richard J said:

Isn't this their first season with no parachute payments?

This is their Fourth season outside of the Premier League so yeah those payments will now have ended.

Trouble is after being relegated from the Top Division have Blackpool or Charlton done better looking at things now...

- We came down, blew all our money on mostly rubbish signings, got relegated to League One within two seasons, it took us three years to bounce back and apparently we've almost gone into Administration twice (Once in League One and then if rumours are believed almost last season as well).

- Blackpool on the other hand have spent very little (£500k in their First Season down... £250k in the Second... £1m last season was the amount they actually spent on Transfer with the rest being Free Transfers and Loans), with the parachute payments now gone, Karl Oyston can almost budget now for future seasons as a normal club again almost (i.e. without the pressure of having to get back into the Top Division)

As this certainly seems to be the main attitude amongst clubs now... Panic that they've been relegated from the Premier League and use any means necessary to try getting back at the first attempt, its extremely risky and Charlton.. Leeds.. Wolves.. Norwich.. Southampton.. Portsmouth have all fallen foul of this panic attack and as a result have dropped a further Division (At least in the Championship your still getting a bit of TV money whereas in League's One and Two its breadcrumbs)

On this overall basis (with Fulham having spent £11m on McCormack) I seriously wouldnt be surprised to see them join the above list whilst Blackpool somehow enjoy another year of Championship survival
  • Options
    I do feel for the fans especially.

Surprised Riga took the job anyway to be honest. From the last game of the season he could surely see the club was quite rotten, fans had lost faith in players and management, players clearly didn't want to be there and looking for a way out. He Surely must have been promised alot to tempt him there.
  • Options
    Signed.
  • Options
    Signed for both the innocent fans and for Jose.
  • Options
    I've signed for Jose, and the fans too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Signed, for the good of football as a whole.
  • Options
    I read somewhere or was told the Karl Osyston paid him self 18million when the got relegated from the prem
  • Options
    From SkySports

Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston has assured fans the club will have a competitive Sky Bet Championship squad next season. The Seasiders were forced to cancel their pre-season trip to Spain as they currently have only eight professional players on their books and are also without a goalkeeper.

I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be able to recruit sufficient numbers and quality to be able to compete in the Championship.
  • Options
    What actually happens if it's day 1 and they can't field a full team?
  • Options
    reports saying Riga has walked

#SaveBlackpoolFC now trending on twitter
  • Options
    Jose looks totally p*ssed off in that pic !

It would take a Saint to stay at Blackpool under the current circumstances.

• Options
    Really seems to me like a stalling tactic by Oyston, but for what gain?
  • Options

Jose looks totally p*ssed off in that pic !

It would take a Saint to stay at Blackpool under the current circumstances.

Got to feel a bit sorry for the guy. He probably thought he had a good shot at the Charlton job, but it fell through. Never mind, he's got a job in the same country so he can stay and really show what he can do, show Roland what he's missing out on!... and then this happens. I have to wonder how Oyston managed to spin it when he got Jose to sign, or did he 'some how' forget to mention all the players whose contracts were being released?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like Riga has walked out every week since he joined them.
  • Options
    I never will understand why we did not give Riga the job in the first place.

Feel sorry for the fans, I am very suprised that have not protested yet.
  • Options
    blackpool apparently still owe Chopra 2 months wages as well. Blackpool journo has said riga still wants to make it work but its sounding like one half of the married couple doesn't seem to want to make the effort.
  • Options
    Riga has left after five weeks as he has fallen out with owner, Karl Oyston. According to ITV, Oyston could sack Riga if Riga does not leave on his own accord. This leaves Blackpool with only eight players, which doesn’t include any goalkeepers, and no Manager.

Riga was appointed Manager five weeks ago by Oyston, when he left Charlton Athletic to join Blackpool. Riga is annoyed by Oyston as he has not allowed Riga to make any signings, and has lost the majority of their players.

Consequently, Oystons cut backs has reduced the Blackpool squad to only eight players, and rumours were going round with reports of only two players still being at the club.

Another consequence is that the squad will be ill prepared, as they have had to cancel all of their pre season matches for the time being. This will have a financial affect as the club may lose some money as they wont play the match, which had money from various sponsors.

It is obviously that the fans aren’t happy with Oyston, as there has been claims for over 500 season ticket refunds. This shows that the club is going into a downward spiral and isn’t going to be helped until Oyston gives the club money to spend.

By the way things are going there may not be a Blackpool F.C soon, if they don’t have a suitable team to compete this season.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    'Your pitch is worse than ours',
    'Your pitch is worse than ours'!

Poor fans. They aren't really any bigger than Barnsley Barnet, yet have had a little joy in the Prem after years of shite, and feel they deserve something. The ground has no soul or atmosphere. Been there twice and seen two great wins. Will be looking forward to BP taking three points again. I can see them going down like Portsmouth and not recovering.
  • Options

Really seems to me like a stalling tactic by Oyston, but for what gain?

I would say at least £50k a week in wages he doesn't have to pay.

• Options
    There supporters trust have a meeting tonight apparently
    http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-19883-page-5.html#.U8fTd3kg8dU

bet they will get a good turnout for that