Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options
    7 away losses on the spin, there home form will save them similar to Brighton terrible on the road but okay at home.
  • Options
    I watched the highlights of this without knowing the result! An incredible game. We may not be in a great state ourselves, but this was wonderful to watch haha!
  • Options

great stream too.
    are all the games on there?

People put clips on streamable, you can generally find the PL goals on there (via reddit/r/soccer)
  • Options

Plenty of positives to take from the game, albeit a disappointing way to lose.

3 goals scored against the league leaders away from home.

Took the lead twice.

Savage way to lose but not too disheartening. If we play like that each week then we'll be fine.

We didn't win an away game until 20th January last season, and we all know what happened from the new year onwards :wink:

Good result for you boys yesterday.

Took the lead twice.

Savage way to lose but not too disheartening. If we play like that each week then we'll be fine.

We didn't win an away game until 20th January last season, and we all know what happened from the new year onwards :wink:

What, losing 4-3? ;-)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Took the lead twice.

Took the lead twice.

What, losing 4-3? ;-)
    That'd be horrific. Entertaining for everyone else, though, and would see this thread finally having a purpose :wink:
  • Options
    I think Millwall will do enough at home as has been said. If their home form dries up they will be in trouble. They were playing an in form team on Saturday, but I was expecting Norwich to come back, then get a winner. But staying up is usually down to how you compete against those teams around you.
  • Options

I think Millwall will do enough at home as has been said. If their home form dries up they will be in trouble. They were playing an in form team on Saturday, but I was expecting Norwich to come back, then get a winner. But staying up is usually down to how you compete against those teams around you.

They always seem to do particularly well in the second half of seasons. Maybe they play better under relegation pressure - it happens. Anyway I want them to stay in the Championship and I want us to get promoted and I would love Palace to get relegated. That way the three south London EFL sides end up in the same division. Some of my best memories are the home derbies - win or lose the hope is always there and they always have the best atmosphere!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

They always seem to do particularly well in the second half of seasons. Maybe they play better under relegation pressure - it happens. Anyway I want them to stay in the Championship and I want us to get promoted and I would love Palace to get relegated. That way the three south London EFL sides end up in the same division. Some of my best memories are the home derbies - win or lose the hope is always there and they always have the best atmosphere!
    I'm with you on us going up and the scum from Surrey going down - but I could live with smallwall going down as well.
  • Options
    This one slipped me by.

What with the Stripey cnuts... oh my days, we may be shite, but!
  • Options
    What can happen when you rely too much on your home form is you put increasing pressure on that and it drops off! Here's hoping :)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

I'm with you on us going up and the scum from Surrey going down - but I could live with smallwall going down as well.
    How about we get promoted,spanners get relegated, Palace get a 2 division demotion due to financial irregularities and too many dives in the box. Palace have to sell Zaha and the whole team and postpone their new stadium indefinitely.

There you go, will that do ?
    Could we add going out of business to that scenario - I'll be happy with that.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

How about we get promoted,spanners get relegated, Palace get a 2 division demotion due to financial irregularities and too many dives in the box. Palace have to sell Zaha and the whole team and postpone their new stadium indefinitely.

There you go, will that do ?
    Could we add going out of business to that scenario - I'll be happy with that.
    Wonderful ... never wanted to see another team going out of business ... except them :smiley:
  • Options
    Can genuinely see Millwall being right out of the bottom places by Christmas. A good run of fixtures with very winnable games to come before then.

Bolton H
    Birmingham H
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Preston NE A
    Stoke A

• Options

Can genuinely see Millwall being right out of the bottom places by Christmas. A good run of fixtures with very winnable games to come before then.

Bolton H
    Birmingham H
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Preston NE A
    Stoke A

Especially the last one!
  • Options

Bolton H
    Birmingham H
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Preston NE A
    Stoke A

....and then we all turn on Harris and he gets the sack?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bolton H
    Birmingham H
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Preston NE A
    Stoke A

....and then we all turn on Harris and he gets the sack?
    Well I can see 10 plus points there but you can also argue that should I be wrong and the points return is not what I expect then you could be right.
  • Options

Bolton H
    Birmingham H
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Preston NE A
    Stoke A

I wouldn't say any of those are on paper easy games. Championship is the worst one to predict, most teams can beat anyone on their day just goes on their form. On paper its probably better than playing top 6 sides but still will do well to win 3 of those imo
  • Options
    Millwall also tend to do relatively poorly at home to lesser sides.

Can get right up for a game at home to a top side but then get turned over by shit. 2 of their 3 home defeats last season were to relegated Barnsley and Burton.
  • Options

Millwall also tend to do relatively poorly at home to lesser sides.

Can get right up for a game at home to a top side but then get turned over by shit. 2 of their 3 home defeats last season were to relegated Barnsley and Burton.

That explains why they do so well in their cup final.
  • Options
    Sadly, Millwall have a little bit too much nous to be relegated, but they'll be bottom 6 no doubt.
  • Options

Sadly, Millwall have a little bit too much nous to be relegated, but they'll be bottom 6 no doubt.

Now that's something you don't see very often Spanners and nous in the same sentence.
  • Options
    Another impressive home performance..........
  • Options
    Chuckle
  • Options
    Bristol City A
    Hull City H
    Next two fixtures.
  • Options
    Only rock bottom Ipswich have conceded more goals than them