Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye

Seems that the rumours of Paul Hart's departure from his academy role are gaining in both frequency and credence. The rumour mill is also seemingly suggesting that the vacancy left by Paul's departure might well be filled by our present first team coach Jose Riga who it has been suggested was always in line for that role and that it was only the untimely departure of Chris Powell that necessitated Riga filling in until the seasons end. Certainly his almost immediate appearance at the football club would suggest that he was already lined up and available.

Should the above scenario take place as rumoured then the follow up rumour is that Karel Fraeye our current assistant head coach will be elevated to first team coach next season.

Fraeye is 36 years old and until his appointment at The Valley was head coach at Eendracht Zele where he took control in 2011. Zele are described as an amateur team in Belgiums 4th tier of football.

Now I am quite prepared to give Fraeye the benefit of the doubt regarding his abilities but I am I must confess concerned that regardless of which division Charlton find themselves next season then Karel's experience and knowledge of English football might not be enough.

Of course survival is our main focus as a club and fans but I think we need to keep an eye on this possibility. If the rumours are correct then I think we could be in serious trouble.

Never easy being an Addick is it.

Comments

• Options
    But... He's got a girls name...
  • Options
    Karel is a girls name.

Not a manly mans one like Chris.
  • Options
    Hard to know why such a person would be identified as our future manager. What has he got that makes him worthy of the job?
  • Options
    We'll never have a manager again whilst RD is is charge.

We'll have a coach who is there to train and make the players better - the players that the network dictates our club needs.

Will it work or not? God knows.

I expect a DoF next year as well.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Hard to know why such a person would be identified as our future manager. What has he got that makes him worthy of the job?

Roland's ear.
  • Options
    Karel is a version of Charles where he comes from.
  • Options
    Whilst I'm all for supporting the team and the coaching staff, and making the best of what we've got, I do feel that IF that happens there has to be some sort of protest against the way RD is running the club. It's no use just discussing it on charlton life, something will have to be done. But as I said IF it happens
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    IF Paul Hart is moved on, after everything he has achieved, then serious questions must be asked.

Removing a manager from a struggling team is one thing, removing the director of a booming academy would be outrageous.

EDIT: If Hart left of his own accord, then obviously disregard the above!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hart received an offer from Man City he couldn't refuse. Can't blame him from moving onto a project of that size.
  • Options
    Hart was made an offer he couldn't refuse. We were bottom of the table when Powell was sacked.
    Hardly RD's fault on either front
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Would we be happy if we appointed a manager from the conference or League Two who hasn't achieved anything? No. Then we should not accept Karel.
  • Options
    Nothing in the street looks any different to me.
  • Options
    Give him time, if good players move in with him this summer I won't be complaining.

Every manager has to start somewhere.
  • Options

Give him time, if good players move in with him this summer I won't be complaining.

Every manager has to start somewhere.

He can start somewhere else then. Not here.
  • Options
    One begs to ask the question... then why wasnt Fraeye appointed coach when Powell was given the shove ??
  • Options
    Ffs lets see what happens
  • Options
    I have heard that Riga will be the director of Football and Karel will be the first team coach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fraeye mentioned in this....http://www.eendrachtzele.be/
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm worried that Riga will be in charge of the academy, promoting his mumbo-jumbo, cogitraining, (non)senseball pseudo-science. Likeable man or not, some of the claims he makes for his methods on his website are ridiculous and I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that thus far.
  • Options

One begs to ask the question... then why wasnt Fraeye appointed coach when Powell was given the shove ??

Because if we had gone down with him another change would've been demanded.

Doing it this way get the two stooges into the club regardless of the level we're at.

It's either "this was always the plan" or "we needed to freshen up after relegation".

• Options
    As long as this fraeye bloke has realised how awful simon church is an is ready to ship him out then he has my full backing
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Arsenal Fan">Would we be happy if we appointed a manager from the Japanese League who hasn't achieved anything? No. Then we should not accept Karel Arsene.
  • Options
    The entire set up of the RD 'regime' so far reinforces my original gut feeling .. CAFC is mooted by RD to be a nursery/feeder club for his continental interests, primarily Standard Liege.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Kap10 said:

Arsenal Fan">Would we be happy if we appointed a manager from the Japanese League who hasn't achieved anything? No. Then we should not accept Karel Arsene.

Wenger had already achieved a lot in European football (league titles in France, Champions League Semis, etc) before going to Japan.

Edit Leaburn for England beat me to it.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

You seem to be equating the J League with Belgian Div4.