Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    iaitch said:

Have they used the 'trains are subject to delay due to heat distortion of the rails' yet?

Or "the trains can't leave (insert name) station cos the sun's shining in the cameras/screens"?
    Just don't mention that the drivers could always pop their head out the window and look back down the platform, like what they did a few years back before the screens were installed, or what they do the rest of the time the screens are out of action.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Who's looking forward to Thameslink on the Greenwich line? I'm sure that won't mess anything up...

As I work about 1 minute away from City Thameslink station, I'm looking forward to it - particularly as the Dartford-Cannon Street service has been cut by about 75%, so I have little choice but to use Thameslink
  • Options
    Crossrail can't open soon enough, going to gut Southeastern funding model as people stop buying tickets from them all the way into London and go for season tickets to Abbey Wood.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Crossrail can't open soon enough, going to gut Southeastern funding model as people stop buying tickets from them all the way into London and go for season tickets to Abbey Wood.

To an extent it will as there will still be those who need the Stations prior to Abbey Wood (Plumstead) and prior to Woolwich Arsenal.

Not to mention going the other way too... In the three years between working in Central London and living in Strood, I'm amazed at the amount of people that stay on my train after Abbey Wood these days. Used to be a case where the train would pretty much empty at that station letting you stretch out a bit - Now you dont notice the difference.
  • Options

Rothko said:

To an extent it will as there will still be those who need the Stations prior to Abbey Wood (Plumstead) and prior to Woolwich Arsenal.

Not to mention going the other way too... In the three years between working in Central London and living in Strood, I'm amazed at the amount of people that stay on my train after Abbey Wood these days. Used to be a case where the train would pretty much empty at that station letting you stretch out a bit - Now you dont notice the difference.
    The services to Abbey Wood from the Medway towns will be packed from December, and even more with the Thameslink services coming through. Will effect that mass pile off at Woolwich for the DLR, as those people will save 20 minutes catching the Lizzie to Canary Wharf for example
  • Options
    And we're off again!!

A fault with the signalling system between Lewisham and St Johns is causing disruption to journeys between these station. Train services may be delayed or revised.

Disruption is expected until 16:30.

Customer Advice:
    What's happened?
    --------------------
    Because of a signalling problem at St Johns, trains through Lewisham towards Cannon Street are being disrupted.

How does this affect my journey?
    ------------------------------------
    Trains through Lewisham are unable to run towards St Johns and New Cross stations.

Some trains will be diverted via alternative lines and won't be able to stop at St Johns or New Cross. Other services will not be able to stop at Lewisham.

What do I need to do?
    ------------------------
    If you're travelling from Lewisham to St Johns or New Cross, you can travel to London Bridge and change there for services from London which can run normally.
  • Options
    That part of the track is a joke. Every day there’s something wrong there.
  • Options
    Hmm, looks like I'm walking to Cannon St tonight then rather than headng to New Cross from Whitechapel! Sigh.
  • Options
    At Victoria for the 17.42 to Bromley.

3 announcements for three trains delayed due to an "earlier incident involving the emergency services".

They have no shame n blatant lying/bulls*******.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

3 announcements for three trains delayed due to an "earlier incident involving the emergency services".

Should have got the 17:27 was on time and even had air con on, plenty of seats too. Only downside is a screaming baby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Should have got the 17:27 was on time and even had air con on, plenty of seats too. Only downside is a screaming baby.
    Didn't realise CLB74 commuted.
  • Options
    DLR strike called off thank fuck.
  • Options
    Few beers after work. My 4 carriage section of the train has no toilet. Nice.
  • Options
    ...and all toilets at Dartford station are locked.
  • Options
    Fortunately there is a convenient spot at the bottom of west hill where you can allegedly have a wee. I spotted someone there just now. Not me guv. But if I should ever feel the need in future I know where to go.
  • Options
    Phew. Just made it home without having to get little SB out in public!!!!
  • Options

DLR strike called off thank fuck.

As you say, thank fuck for that. Often work from home on a Friday but have to be in the office tomorrow.
  • Options
    Last two trains on the bexleyheath line have been cancelled. The classic signalling problems.

Least I can just stand here like a melon and get a tan
  • Options

Last two trains on the bexleyheath line have been cancelled. The classic signalling problems.

i think the william camden opens at 11
  • Options

12 these days I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

12 these days I think
    Not sure I want to end up like @cantersaddick circa a few evenings ago.
  • Options

Yeah, go in the Camden and have a few Stella's while you're waiting, that will put you in a less aggressive mood.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Could not be arsed to even attempt Southeastern last night. Having cancelled the 5.05 and the 5.47, that left all Bexleyheath line passengers with precisely 1 train between 4.45 and 6.10. Great job! Went straight to Bank and got DLR to Woolwich and bus home from there. Got in about 5 minutes after my normal time but without the delights of attempting to ram myself onto a ridiculously packed train on the hottest day of the year so far.

CUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don’t you use this route all the time?
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Could not be arsed to even attempt Southeastern last night. Having cancelled the 5.05 and the 5.47, that left all Bexleyheath line passengers with precisely 1 train between 4.45 and 6.10. Great job! Went straight to Bank and got DLR to Woolwich and bus home from there. Got in about 5 minutes after my normal time but without the delights of attempting to ram myself onto a ridiculously packed train on the hottest day of the year so far.

CUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don’t you use this route all the time?
    It's more expensive and getting on a bus at Woolwich is a feckin' nightmare.
  • Options
    What bus do you get on if you do? I normally walk to previous stop. Less elbows and shoving.
    I succumbed to the extra expense of buying an oyster season ticket so I could get the DLR home due to them scrapping half the Woolwich line trains at night. I pretty much use it all the time now. It has let me down just twice in about 2 years now.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What bus do you get on if you do? I normally walk to previous stop. Less elbows and shoving.

51. Might try that next time.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Rothko said:

SE might physically sell fewer and receive less funds directly from we cattle but sadly where multiple companies run up and down the same lines they get a revenue share from all the travelcard/oyster type sales which could theoretically be used on their "services". If the total number of sales in the region increases SE stand to benefit, not dependent on their own actual passenger numbers. Which was why Virgin previously ran a very infrequent service via SW London between Southampton and somewhere in the Midlands - that way they got a divi from the travelcard revenues.
    At least if many punters can bypass SE's cynical shitshow they'll have a chance of getting to & from work in a calmer state of mind.
    All of which is predicated on DoT's shithouse franchise system not awarding the crossrail and thameslink to the same thieves who milk SE for all it's worth.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Surely though as Crossrail has built its own track it wont technically be using the same line as SouthEastern?

Or going by your post... Would it be better to say that SE receive a share based on the Stations used rather than the line itself?
  • Options
    Someone had what seemed like a panic attack (but may have been worse) on my train this morning as it got into lewisham.

Luckily someone got off with them and gave assistance but it made me question what I would do if they hadn’t got off as I’m not really sure. I suppose I could go on a first aid course to learn what to do in these situations but has anyone got any guidance?