Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who do you want to manage Charlton if its not Powell?

Comments

• Options

Vincent said:

To answer the question:

No one anyone here recommends because everyone here is mental.

And that coming from an American
    And an American who can't produce a sentence!
    Christ and people say Americans are pompous. It seems like brits are the ones with their heads in their asses.
  • Options
    Let's be honest, whoever replaced Powell would have a mammoth task on their hands of integrating the 4/5 new players with the established squad which is itself sub-standard.

Fact is there ain't that many miracle workers out there.

Its interesting though, my boss at work is a Palace fan (but a reasonable one) and I asked him his views on Pulis: "Its great that we are winning buy my God the football is awful, don't enjoy the games at all."

• Options
    edited February 2014
    The football in League one is pretty crap from my (unfortunately recent) memory.
    Pulis will keep them up.

What actually is your point?

• Options

Avram Grant

;-)

Yep - heard this floating around earlier.
  • Options
    anyone who doesn't have CAFC connections. I've had enough of the ex-players who seemingly can't do anything wrong. We need a manger with a clean slate & no previous.
  • Options
    Malky Mackay plays a seriously turgid brand of football.
    We need someone with promotion credentials, who knows the club and who has championship exp. if they played for England that would be a bonus too.
    Hmmm let me think...
  • Options
    Someone who can get Danny Green to beat the first man on at least one of his first five crosses.
  • Options
    Woodollie said:

If we had Neil warnock in charge I would find it very hard to attend games. Can't think of a manager I dislike more.

This.

• Options
    Mourinho or Wenger for me

Joke! Bit like this thread
  • Options

It doesn't matter, whoever it is won't really be in charge, that today was not Powell's team, funny that the sub standard 3 were all awful

Is it cows? is it dogs? no no its bullshit!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glenn Hoddle would be a good choice - experienced, teams play with style and will improve young players.
  • Options
    Malky? No chance!
  • Options

Laudrup.

Actually a good shout, that would lesson the blow a tiny bit

• Options
    WSS said:

I'd like Curbs because it would anger the Powell Out crowd even more.

(They're the same people)

(I'm not in an 'in' or 'out' crowd)

Odd thing to say. I'm in the Powell out crowd but would love curbs back so that blows your theory. Other than Curbs, I'd take warnock through gritted teeth.
  • Options

It doesn't matter, whoever it is won't really be in charge, that today was not Powell's team, funny that the sub standard 3 were all awful

that's just nonsense , if powell didn't scout or pick them to join then whoever did should get the job

AA
    Reza
    stood out with poyet coming in a close 2nd to mom with AA

it wont be a mgr it will be a coach, so all those looking for mgrs. like Warnock etc wont get them, this system that RD uses and wants requires coaches , they will identify where they want postitions filled and players will be purchased from wherever and the coach given the player and told there you go now coach him

in my mind a hoddle style coach is required

• Options
    Stuart Pearce's Red Army!!!!!!!
  • Options
    if Hoddle didn't have insane religious views, he would be a decent shout.
  • Options
    I would assume it's not related but Russell Slade has just resigned.
  • Options
    It won't be a UK based manager and will most likely be someone we have not heard of unless he foists Jol or Grant upon us.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

I would assume it's not related but Russell Slade has just resigned.

The O's manager? Must have another job lined up then.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having looked I can't see that reported anywhere.
  • Options
    Apologies, link that someone posted on twitter was a fake account.
  • Options
    Hopefully, Chris Powell's replacement is unavailable due to not being born yet.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Would like to see Tony Mowbray at the valley. He is a very good manager. Plus when he was Borough manager and they smashed us at home he still gave us praise. I remembered that. Mowbray is the man for the job. He still done a decent job at borough and west brom and built a good squad with decent players. He is a top bloke. He just had a bad run of games at borough. But he bought some quality players into the squad at boro.

Grant Leadbitter, Stuart Parnaby, Jonathan Woodgate, Emmanuel Ledesma, George Friend, Mustapha Carayolm Jayson Leutwiler, Josh McEachran Ishmael Miller
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Would like to see Tony Mowbray at the valley. He is a very good manager. Plus when he was Borough manager and they smashed us at home he still gave us praise. I remembered that. Mowbray is the man for the job. He still done a decent job at borough and west brom and built a good squad with decent players. He is a top bloke. He just had a bad run of games at borough. But he bought some quality players into the squad at boro.

Grant Leadbitter, Stuart Parnaby, Jonathan Woodgate, Emmanuel Ledesma, George Friend, Mustapha Carayolm Jayson Leutwiler, Josh McEachran Ishmael Miller

Unlikely. RD has probably never heard of him.
  • Options
    Or them.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well seeing aS Neil Lennon was his number two at Celtic it would be a big signing. The whole area would be buzzing. Powell Vs Mowbray. There is no competition.
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

Oh perleeease. You have to be joking.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2014
    RD will be picking / has already picked the future coach. All we can do is see the plan as it unfolds. It may work or fail. Who knows where Charlton will end up or what will be left.