Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Powell be able to bring in a single player he wants ?

During this window that isn't a periphery part of Roland's empire ?

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    I get the feeling the answer is no!
  • Options
    Yes or No answers only?
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Yes or No answers only?

Not at all, interested in your thoughts

• Options
    Really hope so. Doesn't look like it, does it.
  • Options

Yes or No answers only?

No :-)
  • Options
    I don't think we'll pay a fee to sign anyone permanently.

However, maybe a loan signing in Feb once we've reached the 4 Standard limit.
  • Options
    yes I believe that in the next few days we will see player movements, whether they will be under the guidance of CP I don't know tbh,

there may be a new owner but things were still not fully concluded last week according to that thing on companies house

we will see 3 leave though first imo
  • Options
    Doubt it. Can't see Powell being here much longer if that's the case - doesn't strike me as the sort of manager who's going to welcome being told who to play/buy. I guess we'll know soon enough - by the end of the transfer window we'll either have some new signings and a reasonable chance of staying up, or the same squad we have now, plus some Belgian kids and a new manager, and be pretty much nailed on to go down.

C'est la vie.
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    No but will when the loan window re-opens.

Don't think CP will walk. He put up with crap from the old lot and will play the long game till the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes or No answers only?

Not at all, interested in your thoughts

Ah right ho!
    I'll guess probably not.
    hopefully some from within the empire.
    What we need is people in the know!
  • Options
    I hope so but don't think he will unfortunately.

The new loan rules following the Watford situation will hopefully help us and mean we are not just getting Liege players.

Really think we need to players who know the league, one or two from Standard Liege is fine, but we are in a dogfight.
  • Options
    Only one person can answer that question and he Belguim and not on this forum.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Good question, AFKA. I'm still troubled by the Belgian commentator saying in the BBC article that Duchatelet "hates" paying for transfers and "dislikes" high-profile players - though a Lifer has told us he has spent a bit on new players for Liege. Muddling through with fringe players on loan from Belgium is highly dangerous - look how all our fellow strugglers won today. We're half-way through the transfer window and I have a nagging feeling that Duchatelet won't flash the cash until the summer - if then.
  • Options
    I think yes but only a couple of loans.
  • Options

Only one person can answer that question and he Belguim and not on this forum.

Or is he....

No, probably not.
  • Options
    Yes. At least two
  • Options
    Interested to see who our first proper signing is, be it permanent or loan, as it might give us an indication of how much money we're working with. If it's a Prem loan or a player on a high salary we might be alright, but if we're picking up frees, journeymen and untested loanees Richard might not be willing to release much in the way of funds for us and we could be in trouble
  • Options

yes I believe that in the next few days we will see player movements, whether they will be under the guidance of CP I don't know tbh,

there may be a new owner but things were still not fully concluded last week according to that thing on companies house

Agree there will be players on loan no full signings, and think we have seen the last game of Wiggins if what im told is true.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    So are we assuming Powell didn't want Koc ?
  • Options
    He could bring messi in and play him at left back
  • Options

So are we assuming Powell didn't want Koc ? Fnar fnar.

I think there is a huge difference between not wanting him and how we actually got him. I doubt four weeks ago SCP knew he existed.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    No and I have a feeling that CP won't be with us for much longer
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

Agree there will be players on loan no full signings, and think we have seen the last game of Wiggins if what im told is true.

Who is he going to ? And how reliable do you reckon your source is?
  • Options
    I not sure CP wanted any of the three we have brought in so far but then again I don't think RD is bothered because CP won't be working with them much longer, in my opinion.
  • Options
    As reliable as his takeover talk oohaah, put up or shut up.
  • Options
    I wonder if Powell had heard of Ajdarevic, Thuram and Koc until a few weeks ago, yet I doubt that he objects to any reinforcements to the squad. But he would balk at having to shed yet more of the players he himself chose for the club and not having a say in their replacements. Duchatelet's apparent refusal to hire Dom Dwyer may be significant.