Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    addickson said:

Had the NZPA in the State Bar. OK but nothing special. Best pint I've had recently was in Mad Squirrel tap room in High Wycombe. $umo was vegan so must have been good for me?

That was one I didn't try but I would recommend their Werrrd APA and I'm not normally the biggest fan of fruity beer.
  • Options

Bexley Beer Festival tonight (and last night)

My 3 favs
    33 Pod Vanilla Oatmeal Stout by First Chop
    35 Sonder Session IPA by Flash House
    53 Prohibition APA by Kent

Prohibition was decent. Shame so many ran out early yesterday. Went last 2 nights and tried 34 new beers and ciders over them, mostly thirds and halves across our grouo. Decent little operation. Worth a visit if they've restocked. Think hot weather caught them out.
  • Options
    They run out every year.
  • Options
    Here in the US untappd is really useful. There are so many new breweries opening up, and most breweries make loads of one of batches of beer, it’s almost impossible to keep track.

Using the crowds rating is a pretty good way of figuring which of the 5 new IPAs to pick when you go into a bar.
  • Options
    If in USA Lawson’s Sip O Sunshine . Lovely Stuff
  • Options

Here in the US untappd is really useful. There are so many new breweries opening up, and most breweries make loads of one of batches of beer, it’s almost impossible to keep track.

Using the crowds rating is a pretty good way of figuring which of the 5 new IPAs to pick when you go into a bar.

I use it more as a beer diary. It's like train spotting for the boozing classes.
  • Options
    I know some will regard it as a soft drink, but I had a pint of Tonbridge Session Pale Ale at the Kentish Rifleman in Dunk's Green and despite only having 2.9% alcohol it was really well made and very refreshing.
  • Options
    My Czech buddy Mad Vincent is in Edinburgh and just sent me this. That thing on the right...Pravha...WTF?

And as for Staropramen ("Est in Prague) meaning brewed in Northampton or somewhere. Are we still falling for this guff in the UK? I thought this "pseudoEuro" beer was finally done for in the 90s.
  • Options
    Brewing conglomerates, putting the 'con' in continental.

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/5-big-companies-control-worlds-beer/
  • Options

My Czech buddy Mad Vincent is in Edinburgh and just sent me this. That thing on the right...Pravha...WTF?

And as for Staropramen ("Est in Prague) meaning brewed in Northampton or somewhere. Are we still falling for this guff in the UK? I thought this "pseudoEuro" beer was finally done for in the 90s.

Yeah it's Star's pilsner style beer. It's ok, general lagery shite. Been about for a few years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

Odd that Asahi Breweries isn't on the list. They have a huge market share.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Even bigger since they bought SAB. They own Pilsner Urquell now. They better not mess with it.

• Options
    Really enjoying Fallen Brewery's "Local Motive". It's unfined and I notice that most of my favourite taste experiences have been unfined (think it was HopStuff's Renegade, but may have been Fusilier that @Strasburger first introduced me to an unfined ale?). Is this anyone else's experience?
  • Options

Think it’s more the dry hopping @addickson
    Either way fallen make decent beer
  • Options
    Cheers @SheffieldRed - sorry for my ignorance, but what is dry hopping, and why would it improve the beers that I like (mostly beers made with Mosaic, Cascade, Citra hops I've noticed?)
  • Options

Hops in later in process. Increases flavour. (Possibly more expensive to make)
  • Options
    See they are going to sell non alcoholic beer at the GBBF this year....one Porter and one IPA.
  • Options

See they are going to sell non alcoholic beer at the GBBF this year....one Porter and one IPA.

Worlds gone mad.
  • Options

Hops in later in process. Increases flavour. (Possibly more expensive to make)

Hops are, pound for pound, the most expensive ingredient in beer, so adding more hops will increase the cost of production.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Worlds gone mad.
    agreed, where is the becks blue...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just found out you can still get Double Diamond!
  • Options

Works wonders!

Where for goodness sake?
  • Options

Wild weather- Reading
    (Triple dry hopped- @addickson )
    Wilde child - Leeds
    Sentinel - Sheffield
    Recommended
  • Options

Stone -Berlin (Ruination- DIPA - dry hopped and hop bursted)
    Excellent
  • Options
    Beavertown are going to have a micro brewery in the new WHL stadium.

Neck Oli and others will be sold on draft throughout the stadium.

Love a drop of Neck Oil.
  • Options
    Smog Rocket and Bloody Ell are good.
  • Options

Wonder what effect Heineken’s potential involvement will have.

Collaborations with cloud water are good
  • Options
    Had a pint of Thornbridge "coco cocoa" coconut and chocolate porter recently. Very nice, not sure I could have much more than a pint though
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Stig said:

Went on a tour of Meantime today. Didn't realise they had been bought by Asaahi 2 year ago.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Works wonders!

Where for goodness sake?
    Well Prince Phillip is to blame. but apparently it was his favourite tipple!!!! When production finished in the 90's he bemoaned its passing and recently a brewery have emulated it for him and for sale. They call it Dual Diamond but it is basically the same beer I am told.