Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Out with the tightest and laziest man in Bromley, the famous CLB74.

He's on the Moretti because you get 66cl instead of the regular 50cl.

He also had the bright idea of ordering his beers to be brought to the table. 40 minutes later we are still waiting, I went to the bar and got served in 5 minutes!!!!
  • Options
    If you've got to wait 40 mins sounds like the 66cl option is a must.
  • Options
    Stig said:

If you've got to wait 40 mins sounds like the 66cl option is a must.

It's ridiculous. Mr tight wad has now gone to the bar to see when he's going to get served.

Our pints are now empty ffs.
  • Options
    Tight wad made his order at 17.54 he is now going back to the bar.......again.
  • Options
    18.57 and tight wad got a refund.

Tight wad and me(taking pc) now entering a boozer that serves you in 60 seconds.
  • Options
    The truth waiting for elfs to get a beer in
  • Options
    clb74 said:

AGAIN, I bought the first round.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

What’s Les Dennis got to with it ?
  • Options
    Mystic.Brewery Mango Peach Frappe IPA

Happy Friday
  • Options
    Apologies if already mention on here but the Bitter End shop in Bromley has closed.

And has been replaced by the Bitter End Bar.

Not been yet but the first micro-brewery in central Bromley according to the blurb.

Not been yet but will check it out sometime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    On the Crouch Vale Anchor Street Porter at the weekend. Lovely drop, but did nothing for my diet.
  • Options
    Had great black ipa followed by a superb imperial stout before going to a beavertown tap day takeover. For some reason I’ve forgotten the brewers of the ipa and the imperial stout
  • Options
    Credence imperial stout
  • Options

Apologies if already mention on here but the Bitter End shop in Bromley has closed.

Not been yet but the first micro-brewery in central Bromley according to the blurb.

What a shame. That was a fantastic off-licence. If it's its the same bloke running it though, he'll probably better running a bar. The man just can't stop talking about beer, which is not always what you want on a quick trip to the offy.
  • Options
    Stig said:

What a shame. That was a fantastic off-licence. If it's its the same bloke running it though, he'll probably better running a bar. The man just can't stop talking about beer, which is not always what you want on a quick trip to the offy.
    Is it the same guy who had the Bitter Experience off licence in Lee many years ago?
  • Options
    I've no idea.
  • Options
    The crown in court road, Eltham is set to reopen on Thursday afternoon as “the rusty bucket”.
    https://www.facebook.com/therustybucket.pub/
  • Options
    Stig said:

They still sell barrels of beer and cider I read. Assume it's the same guy.

Almost next door to the Bricklayers arms though which is a decent pub.
  • Options

The crown in court road, Eltham is set to reopen on Thursday afternoon as “the rusty bucket”.

noticed this over the last few weeks. Looks to be an independent, facebook says craft beer etc, probably worth a drop in.
  • Options

Stig said:

They still sell barrels of beer and cider I read. Assume it's the same guy.

Almost next door to the Bricklayers arms though which is a decent pub.
    In that case, not a shame. Hope it's a success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hope it goes well. The Crown was a proper dump - even after the 200k refit that included a Costa coffee window.

I used to know the old governor Carlton......the brewery didn’t believe him when he said the expectation of selling posh coffee to people on the way to Eltham station was a stupid idea.

A chisel window maybe.....but never a coffee window.
  • Options

Hope it goes well. The Crown was a proper dump - even after the 200k refit that included a Costa coffee window.

I used to know the old governor Carlton......the brewery didn’t believe him when he said the expectation of selling posh coffee to people on the way to Eltham station was a stupid idea.

A chisel window maybe.....but never a coffee window.
    Used to be a decent boozer but once the long time landlord left, the brewery just kept putting rookies in.
    A couple of them were decent but moved on and basically left the pub being run for a few years by weak guvnors and temporary guvnors.
    This led to the place losing trade and the breweries answer was the coffee shop refurb.
    I know Carlton from before his time in there (he lived on Eltham green rd). He was a relief manager but because of his Eltham background really wanted to give it a go.
    As you said, brewery knew best.
  • Options

Went the other day and was very taken with it. Stu and Rachel have not been publicans before, but they have set this up nicely. 6/7 casks in the cold room maybe a dozen keg beers. Some very good choices. Rachel seems knowledgable about beer while Stu spoke at length about curry, so what's not to like?

They were also very grateful to local publicans, especially Mike at The Long Pond, who they said gave them invaluable advice and contacts. Even the lady who runs the Spoons brought them flowers when they opened.

With the Pond, the GPO, the Park Tavern and now the Rusty Bucket, Eltham has got a decent crawl on its hands. Who'd a thought?

• Options
    edited April 2018
    freeproperbeer.com

Enjoy.. Today only! :- )
  • Options
    Mystic Brewery Macchiato Imperial Stout, possibly the best coffee stout I’ve ever tasted.

Happy Friday
  • Options
    Beer, great little spot in Devon, go though at least once a year camping, views out to the sea and left for Dorset, right to Devon stunning.
  • Options

Bit of an Electric Bear brewery take over in my local tonight. I tried 5 of those on offer including their dark IPA, which although a little fizzier than usual was still a very nice drop.
  • Options
    Bexley Beer Festival tonight (and last night)

My 3 favs
    33 Pod Vanilla Oatmeal Stout by First Chop
    35 Sonder Session IPA by Flash House
    53 Prohibition APA by Kent
  • Options
    Had the NZPA in the State Bar. OK but nothing special. Best pint I've had recently was in Mad Squirrel tap room in High Wycombe. $umo was vegan so must have been good for me?
  • Options
    I can confirm what has already been posted that the Kentish Belle in Bexleyheath is well worth a visit.
    He should have an outside area soon as well.