Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Smith - progress at Rotherham (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Scored. But according to Sky he is on loan....
  • Options
    Just scored
  • Options
    Just scored on his debut.
  • Options
    Did he just score on his debut?
  • Options
    well done smudger
  • Options
    Anyone get the feeling he shouldve been given a chance with us..........
  • Options
    Anyone know how he is doing at Swindon?
  • Options

Anyone know how he is doing at Swindon?

I heard he's scored but I can't confirm
  • Options
    even though he has scored if he hadnt already been here for the 21s and we signed him from wimbledon after him scoring 10 goals in league 2 i can safely say we would all be very 'underwhelmed'
  • Options
    He's gone move on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank god for this thread, I was on the match thread so never would have known if he had scored or not ... :-)
  • Options
    good thing someone told us, I hadn't heard

;-)
  • Options
    Ha ha, brilliant. Only just caught up with this thread.

So, one of our coaches - a professional who makes his living out of the game - says something but that opinion is roundly dismissed by the two brothers grim whose formal knowledge of the game extends to a packet of cheese footballs they shared back in the 80's. (I'm exaggerating of course - they were cheese puffs - but you get my drift!)
  • Options
    Just scored
  • Options
    and there's the winner from him.
  • Options
    2 on his debut
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted he wasn't given a chance. Pleased for him and a bit gutted for us. I think he could have done a job for us......
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So, one of our coaches - a professional who makes his living out of the game - says something but that opinion is roundly dismissed by the two brothers grim whose formal knowledge of the game extends to a packet of cheese footballs they shared back in the 80's. (I'm exaggerating of course - they were cheese puffs - but you get my drift!)

Like it!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Sorry you have lost me Off It. What point are you trying to make?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Really pleased for Smudger.

Hope he continues to do well.
  • Options
    I do find it a bit strange that someone who does score goals, in our current situation, was never given a chance.
  • Options
    It is very strange that he wasn't given a chance and then scores 2 today....you wonder what could've been unless we are getting a couple of forwards in
  • Options
    I know you have to make a call on these things as manager but Powell is going to look pretty bad if Smith scores 10-15 goals from now and end of season whilst we don't score enough and go down.

No guarantee he would have scored in the Championship of course but the bloke obviously can score goals.
  • Options
    Pleased for Smith, diabolical he was not tried in our low scoring team. In limited time I have seen of both he looks miles better than Piggott. Piggott needs to learn on loan and learn how to jump IMO.
  • Options

I think Nathan jones is better placed to make that judgement mate than you or i

Nathan Jones described Pigott as the most natural finisher he'd ever worked with.

All I can say is that Nathan Jones can't have worked with many players. Admittedly I haven't seen that much of Pigott, but what I have seen he is nowhere near the likes of Jimmy Greaves, Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Jermaine bloody Defoe or even Sir Clive or Benty..........they are natural finishers,

Jeez, I wonder what Killer would think.
    But Nathan didn't work with Greavsey, Rush, Sicknote & co hence he compared MS to players he HAD worked with.

• Options

You just know that by next January he's going to be amongst the top scorers in league one and have championship sides sniffing around him for £1m+

I hope we inserted a sell on clause!!
  • Options
    Scored again tonight
  • Options

Scored again tonight

doesn't matter, Nathan Jones says that Joe Pigott is the best natural finisher he has seen, so we don't need Smith.