Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    RedPanda said:

I went to St Albans 2-1 Chelmsford with @Stewart today. I'd love to love Chris Dickson but he was poor for Chelmsford, not that they created much. Stew had a chat with sub Danny Green and he was apparently really friendly and talkative (I was in the loos). The ground is nice and green and St Albans has some cool pubs.

I'll try and do Chelmsford before the end of the season but I'm put off by that running track and view. I think Borehamwood v Dover will be my next NL ground-hop.

St Albans is my favourite CS ground to visit.
    Great pubs, nice people and lovely ground (situated within a park)
    You can do it in under an hour from North Greenwich.
    Was they serving real ale at the end of the terrace?
  • Options

You know what, I struggle to keep up with who's who.
    Got a new keeper in (must be the fifth this season), didn't have a shot to save so difficult to judge.
    Willard (Maidstone) came on as a late second half sub, so also difficult to judge.
    Started with three up front (Goldburg, Bradbrook, Romain), dropped back to 4-4-2 after going 2-0 up.
    Typical Welling though, go a goal up, chances for 2-0, then opponents get back into it, Romain works his socks off and gets a fortunate second, Welling relax and play football.
    Could have been more than three in the end.
    I guess after not winning in seven, your arse can get a bit twitchy when only one up.
    Braintree the end of the month will be a good indicator.

Cheers mate, pity I couldn’t go.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

RedPanda said:

I went to St Albans 2-1 Chelmsford with @Stewart today. I'd love to love Chris Dickson but he was poor for Chelmsford, not that they created much. Stew had a chat with sub Danny Green and he was apparently really friendly and talkative (I was in the loos). The ground is nice and green and St Albans has some cool pubs.

I'll try and do Chelmsford before the end of the season but I'm put off by that running track and view. I think Borehamwood v Dover will be my next NL ground-hop.

St Albans is my favourite CS ground to visit.
    Great pubs, nice people and lovely ground (situated within a park)
    You can do it in under an hour from North Greenwich.
    Was they serving real ale at the end of the terrace?
    Yeah they had '3 Brewers Golden Ale' on sale pitch side in the NW corner, a local beer brought along in kegs. Then they had a local IPA in the main bar. It is a lovely little ground, to be honest once RD sells I'll miss my Saturdays picking out new ticks.
  • Options

No worries Ken.
    You missed a couple of cracking games.
    As a final sign off mate, Dartford will need to improve their game if they are to repeat what Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet are presently achieving.
    All the best.

I doubt Dartford financially can afford to follow the examples of Maidenhead and Ebbsfleet...
    My son was maidenheads camera man for 2 years they haven't got nothing, so where is there alleged money come from.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Another nice ground and surrounding area (Maidenhead).
    One of the oldest clubs in the world who have remained at the same ground.
    Ideal ground for a Charlton supporting visitor who gets bored of the on field action
  • Options

Another nice ground and surrounding area (Maidenhead).
    One of the oldest clubs in the world who have remained at the same ground.
    Ideal ground for a Charlton supporting visitor who gets bored of the on field action

Very close to the main station also
  • Options
    Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but anyone know what’s going on at Greenwich Borough? Saw that Gary Alexander has resigned due to financial constraints.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but anyone know what’s going on at Greenwich Borough? Saw that Gary Alexander has resigned due to financial constraints.

That's pretty much it. Real shame but onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    He just signed to play upfront for my brothers vets side
  • Options

He's a top bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See Welling beat Dulwich Hamlet midweek 4-2
  • Options
    Greenwich Borough, is a weird one, were being bank rolled but beneficiary passed away, far play to current board for trying to keep it going but there is no way you can continue to pay the wages they were without a beneficiary and with the crowds they get, Gary Alexander is playing for Chatham Town at the moment.
  • Options
    Robbo how is Callum Driver doing at Welling, is old man is on the board down at Phoenix so I always follow Callum's career.He was in the Maidstone team that got promoted to National League
  • Options
    I'm hearing that Niko Muir (Hendon striker) is going on a week's trial at QPR.

As a Hendon fan, I hope we either keep him or get a big fee from someone.

As a human being, I hope the lad gets a nice move because he's been brilliant for us (30 goals in 37 games) and I gather he doesn't have an especially well paid job at the moment.
  • Options

Robbo how is Callum Driver doing at Welling, is old man is on the board down at Phoenix so I always follow Callum's career.He was in the Maidstone team that got promoted to National League

OK. Got one against Dartford on Boxing day, which went down well.
    Unfortunately he joined just as Welling's form dipped so to be fair, no one is going to get a glowing reference at the moment.
    However, a solid performance was given last week against Eastbound. But they were shit.
    Think he only joined a month ago? so perhaps I can give you a more honest opinion in a months time.
    Need to remember out of the four games he has played, three have been against the top two sides (Dartford & Chelmsford).
  • Options
    Was at Dartford today who scored early and somehow managed to hold on to the lead despite Havant and Waterlooville having most of the play and chances. Now 2 points clear at the top, but it's really tight
  • Options
    Watched Lancaster City draw 1-1 against Barwell.
  • Options
    Badger said:

I’ve been to Barwell’s ground, really friendly place with a great clubhouse.
  • Options

Badger said:

Did you see Welling win 2-0 at Barwell in the First Round proper FA Cup game.
  • Options

He's a top bloke.
    Is he a good vet though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Badger said:

Badger said:

Did you see Welling win 2-0 at Barwell in the First Round proper FA Cup game.
    Yes mate.
  • Options
    I see that Warrington Town trained at the training ground yesterday before they played Ebbsfleet today (could have had a couple of their players on the bench at Bury today).
  • Options
    I see Ebbsfleet are away to Wealdstone in The Trophy if they win their replay.

I went to Sutton v Hendon on Saturday. Routine win for Sutton with a couple of superb goals.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I see Ebbsfleet are away to Wealdstone in The Trophy if they win their replay.

I went to Sutton v Hendon on Saturday. Routine win for Sutton with a couple of superb goals.

If they play like they did Saturday no chance...
  • Options
    See joe piggot has signed for AFC Wimbledon
  • Options
    Watch out for Reise Allasani of Hamlet, something like 16 in 15 ... signed a contract with Hamlet in December so they will get a transfer fee when he goes during this transfer window. Alleged interest from Championship and The Glasgow clubs.

Was about to sign contract two years ago, transferring from Palace academy to Sheff Wed but did his acl after two years injured came back to Hamlet in the autumn and has not stopped scoring.

No e lad mebpntored by friends son.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Watch out for Reise Allasani of Hamlet, something like 16 in 15 ... signed a contract with Hamlet in December so they will get a transfer fee when he goes during this transfer window. Alleged interest from Championship and The Glasgow clubs.

Was about to sign contract two years ago, transferring from Palace academy to Sheff Wed but did his acl after two years injured came back to Hamlet in the autumn and has not stopped scoring.

His ideal move would be us, due being in League 1 and local...Dulwich have had loads of interest, but not us (no shock).

• Options
    Kap10 said:

What happened to the short player who was tearing up the league for hamlet a few years ago but deemed too small to go pro?

Think he may have been of Turkish/ Cypriot descent?

He looked absolute class albeit on the YouTube reels I watched.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

What happened to the short player who was tearing up the league for hamlet a few years ago but deemed too small to go pro?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhun_Oztumer
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Kap10 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhun_Oztumer
    That's the chap. Good to see he made it.

Just seen he was with us for years too.