Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton - Post Match Views

Hmmm

Fairly predictable, Charlton losing midweek pop north feels like something I've heard a thousand times in my lifetime.

Look forward to feedback from any of the travelling few.

Comments

• Options
    Feel that the subs policy will come under scrutiny again
  • Options
    Only because you're raising it again!
  • Options
    No Yann No Chance
  • Options

Do you feel the manager uses the bench well? Always reactive and rarely proactive. You have to use the squad with Tuesday games. Over to you..,
  • Options
    Statistically the worst start to a season since relegation from the Prem in 06/07 and worse than any start to a season during the Pardewkinson nightmare.

Should we be worried - I honestly don't know how to feel?
  • Options
    Shame about the timing of the goals.
  • Options
    wasn't there so can't comment on the game. In any case its gone & nothing we can do about it,

However, CP CAN do something about our next game, against THEM. Start off positive, with Harriott & Stewart on the wings, with Yann & Church up front. No fannying around with defensive 5-3-2 formations. Go at them from the start. We have simply got to win - lose & we will be bottom 3 come 5pm and our next 3 games are all against teams in the top 6.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Shame about the timing of the goals.

Never a good time to concede!
  • Options
    No link up between church and sordell both looked like chasing shadows? Needed changing ealier defence didn't look confident either
    Maybee we missed the comanding Gann?
  • Options
    Stewart scoring on debut is a positive. A goal just before half time is always a bad goal to concede. When the second goal went in, it was likely to be too much. Would be interested to see how Sordell played and whether his overall play has improved yet. I need convincing that he adds something to the team.

I hope that Yann is fit for Millwall. It is worrying that an injury to one of our key players (Jackson / KMG) leaves us struggling. It is not evident to me that we have any strength in depth. It looks like a long hard season.

I will feel different if we get a good result against Millwall.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    to be honest this game has come and gone now. hasn't registerd at all. its all about Saturday now.
  • Options
    Sounds like we missed Yann's presence and creativity up front tonight. Very unfortunate to have gone in 1-0 down on the stroke of HT. We were playing quite well up until then and it just took the stuffing out of us.

If people say about the subs, that's ridiculous. Stewart, a sub, scored the goal and both he and Harriott were about to come on when we conceded the second which was a wonder strike. Nothing really you can do when that happens.

The subs came on, made a bit of a difference and we pushed on, scored and were unlucky in the end not to have nicked a draw.

Shame about the result, but we move onto the big game on Saturday where I hope Kermorgant is fit enough to play.

We'll be fine this season, just imagine how positive this site will be if we beat Millwall on Saturday. No need to panic.

COYR!
  • Options
    What I thought was worrying after Huddersfield scored the 2nd Powell puts on two subs just a couple mins later. Surely Powell should have worked out it was not going ok at 1-0? Not also sure why we only had 1 striker when Sordell was taken off at 2-0?

Worried about this Saturday now!

• Options
    278 League
    157 cup.

Well done to all who went.
    To the people who went twice, If I had a hat I would take it off in admiration.
  • Options
    Sordell and Church were awful ship Sordell back to Bolton no heart!!!
  • Options

to be honest this game has come and gone now. hasn't registerd at all. its all about Saturday now.

Always gutted to lose but yes it's ALL about Saturday now. I want to win soooooooo much.
  • Options

Feel that the subs policy will come under scrutiny again

Missed the first goal against us but didn't we concede as we were about to make a sub? Got the impression that perhaps a player was out of position.

• Options
    morrison scored for the scum, hardly played and scores, play stewart
  • Options
    Yann not on the team sheet was a big miss, I love Church, but without Yann but without Yann alongside him he looked half the player.

We all love a good whipping boy so it seems, but I was very disappointed with Marvin Sordells performance.

He offered little threat, and I know he's not played much recently, but for me he didn't show enough appetite for the game, if he carries on playing like that then I fear for the direction of his career,c'mon Marvin you can do better than that!

For 80 minutes I thought we were awful and hot what we deserved, nothing
    The players didn't show enough fight
    and desire, and looked like they wanted to stay home and watch the champions league on The tele.

2 subs made and Huddersfield were their for the taking, which Charlton is going to show up on Saturdsy?

I sorely wish we had a Mark Kinsella / Scotty Parker type player in our midfield that would run through bricks for the cause and drag the rest of the team up.

Jacko tries his best, but he looked like he'd run his race tonight, early doors.

Cameron Stewart looked very sharp and promising when he came on.

Pretty miffed off and blinking freezing, FairPlay to the Charlton fans that made it.
  • Options
    Sage said:

If people say about the subs, that's ridiculous. Stewart, a sub, scored the goal and both he and Harriott were about to come on when we conceded the second which was a wonder strike. Nothing really you can do when that happens.

The subs came on, made a bit of a difference and we pushed on, scored and were unlucky in the end

Mate, some people have an agenda and will use every angle they can to highlight issues with his management every time we lose a game. Been the same since the start of last season. Only a small percentage, but sadly noticeable. Not sure what perfection people expect. Reminds me of the Sunday league players who couldn't trap a ball or pass it five yards straight, yet expect their ref to be of World Cup standard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you feel the manager uses the bench well? Always reactive and rarely proactive. You have to use the squad with Tuesday games. Over to you..,
    The radio commentary suggested the two subs were ready to come on BEFORE the second goal went in, described as a 35 yard shot that "you just can't legislate for".
  • Options
    On the coach home. Very flat performance for the first 70 minutes and only looked dangerous once Harriott and Stewart came on.

Sordell was woeful, his only meaningful effort a volley miles over the bar.

Decent enough displays from Jackson and Pritchard as usual and Wood looks better with each game he plays. Impressed with Stewart who scored a cracker and had he been on a bit longer things could've been differrent.

Hamer beaten from distance again and often looked shaky on crosses.

On to Millwall then hopefully with Yann back, we certainly need him.
  • Options
    This is gonna be a painful season ......
    Not a good result but fairly predictable
    It's all about beating drawing with the scum now .... Fingers crossed.
    Will anyone bring less than 280 to us in the league this season

0% Top six .......... 5% 7th-12th .............. 80% 13th-21st .......... 15% League One chuff next season
  • Options
    Meant to say that 279 hardy Addicks made the trip.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Huddeesfields second goal was a worldy , but I wouldn't let that mask over a poor performance.

I'm pleased I only paid £10 to get in and do not intend to come back here if we draw them away in the 3rd round of the Fa cup.

A bit random I know , but to cheer myself up I just discovered Panda Liquorice, man is that good gear!

Just tucking in.

• Options
    Sounded from the commentary that we were at least trying to play the ball to feet, midfield got stuck in, just no openings or firepower up front.
  • Options
    On a side note, Walsall's official twitter team have just tweeted this

"@WFCOfficial: @OfficialWolves Better look next time you six fingered, inbred, dingle bastards. YOU'VE LET US DOWN AGAIN!!!!! @VitalWalsall @BescotBanter"
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Sounded from the commentary that we were at least trying to play the ball to feet, midfield got stuck in, just no openings or firepower up front.

I think that sounds a very kind summing up, on a cold Tuesday night under 300 fans present, you really wouldn't want to see this dished up at the valley.

Barnsley away this season in the first half was the worst I've seen us play so far, this wasn't much better if I'm being honest.

Callum and Stewart glossed over what had gone before, I can't boo the team but I will try and shout out positive encouragement during a game, just hope the players can dig deep and go on a good run.
  • Options
    I thought it was a poor game overall. Was not impressed at all by hudders and felt we could have caused them some problems but we had no cutting edge.
    I am not one to get in players backs but I thought Sordell was woeful and simply did not put a shift in at all. Hope Yann is back on saturday.
    To be fair hudders second goal was a wonder strike although I am not sure if Hamer should be beaten from that distance. Cracking goal by Stewart which is promising for the up coming games.
    Will now have to put up with my wife gloating for a few days but it will be worth it if we can win on Saturday!
  • Options
    Sordell really doesn't seem to want to be here. Anyone know if we're contributing a decent amount of his probably quite high salary ?

Simon Church has apologised to fans on twitter

@churchy18: The fans deserved better today for coming all that way disappointing result but we got a great chance on Saturday to put things right! #CAFC