Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3rd Ashes Test

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Lunch. 35-3, 20ovs.

Root 13*
    Bell 2*
  • Options
    Afternoon session lasts three balls and they're off again. More rain.
  • Options
    Wonder if we will see the Aussies take the field in sunglasses etc like we had a few years ago. Made me chuckle.
  • Options
    gotta love the rain at times like this
  • Options
    Retained!

Perhaps in the best possible way. :-)
  • Options
    bit of a shame we didn't get the 5-0!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    saved by the rain .. OK 'we' won or at least retained the ashes.. but the batting is still a big worry for me .. so inconsistent. As I said after the last game, if we'd'a lost this one, Bairstow would be gone .. as it is he's here for the rest of the series. In Australia he'll hardly make a run.
    Durham ?: Onions in for Bresnan for me, especially on his home turf
  • Options
    who cares how we do it, we will win atleast one more game and then dance joyously around the aussie embassy
  • Options
    Ha ha
    Ha ha
    Ha ha
    Ha ha...

Unlucky sports!
  • Options

saved by the rain .. OK 'we' won or at least retained the ashes.. but the batting is still a big worry for me .. so inconsistent. As I said after the last game, if we'd'a lost this one, Bairstow would be gone .. as it is he's here for the rest of the series. In Australia he'll hardly make a run.
    Durham ?: Onions in for Bresnan for me, especially on his home turf

Improvement is definitely needed, but Australia have been able to do following the shambles at Lords. A lot of eyes will be on Bairstow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a strange day yesterday, everyone got up looked out of the window and assumed there would be no play, including the England players! Then it stops raining, and amazingly the drainage is so good that play could start at 11:30, catching everyone out, I got there just in time, the ground was pretty empty. We even had some sunshine.

At lunch, things were tense, but the wind changed direction (as anticipated by the weatherman there) and once the proper rain arrived at 2pm, that was that!
  • Options
    Lol! Or maybe I should say PMSL.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-23600037
  • Options
    I thought intoxicants are forbidden in Sikhism?
  • Options
    Pieterson is also being accused of lining the edges of his bat with silicon to stop hot spot working. He has denied it on twitter and been having a go at a journo'
  • Options

Pieterson is also being accused of lining the edges of his bat with silicon to stop hot spot working. He has denied it on twitter and been having a go at a journo'

Would appear to be a bit dim even for him seeing as it could stop an edge saving you from LBW too; just like in the first innings.
    Anyway I don't think it's against any law to put tape on your bat.

• Options
    Riviera said:

Would appear to be a bit dim even for him seeing as it could stop an edge saving you from LBW too; just like in the first innings.
    Anyway I don't think it's against any law to put tape on your bat.

Against the spirit of the game though perhaps?
  • Options
    What? Taping the cracks on your bat? You never had a bat or played cricket?

The whole technology minefield is against the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well... I am a bowler! Haha

Thought you were talking about silicone tape.

• Options
    Kevin Bloody Peiterson is also against the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

the impact of technology and umpiring in lets say "normal cricket" can be detrimental to the spirit of the game

the preamble to laws say that you cannot question the word or decision of the umpire by word or deed ..and of course every young cricketer/cricket fan sees players doing exactly the opposite in test matches and even then 3rd umpire decisions being questioned ....this culture creeps into club cricket and downwards

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Panesar accused of 'urinating in public' .... and he seems like such a nice young chap
  • Options
    He harassed some women, got thrown out of a nightclub and then pissed on the bouncers. Not entirely consistent with the behaviour one would expect from an international sportsman, even a footballer. He needs to sort himself out
  • Options
    Apparently he's all in a spin !
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

He harassed some women, got thrown out of a nightclub and then pissed on the bouncers. Not entirely consistent with the behaviour one would expect from an international sportsman, even a footballer. He needs to sort himself out

He's managed to behave worse than David Warner...