Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lions Tour to Australia

Comments

• Options
    Hartley is a pretty decent bloke off the field, but he has a real problem as soon as he steps foot on the field. That's now two lions tours he has missed because of non-rugby related reasons which must be pretty gutting for him, but only has himself to blame. Rory Best is a fantastic replacement and we won't be any weaker for Hartleys misdemeanor.
  • Options
    Alex Corbisiero called up...

Cian Healy looks as though he's out of the tour.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Neither of the fly halves will have a defensive tackle in them when the Test games are here

Bring on Wilko.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Neither of the fly halves will have a defensive tackle in them when the Test games are here

Bring on Wilko.

Ridiculous. Farrell has a lot of areas he needs to improve on but tackling is certainly not one of them. He's a fantastic defensive fly half.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Bring on Wilko.

How is that Rugby career going PL54 ?
    ;-)

• Options
    edited June 2013

Alex Corbisiero called up...

Cian Healy looks as though he's out of the tour.

Healy was recently suspended for a cowardly stamp during the 6 nations. He has been cited for allegedly biting an opponent v Western Force, shades of Snr. Suarez. If his ankle is seriously injured, it couldn't happen to a nicer fella. Shame that Corbisiero has been called up, that'll weaken the England team v Argentina.
  • Options
    Didn't he bite a finger that was trying to fish hook him?
  • Options
    Either way Healy is out of the tour - if the ankle injury isn't as bad as expected he'll still miss the next couple of weeks at least.

• Options
    Healy has been cleared of biting.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Bring on Wilko.

;-)

Considerably better than your Football career MOG.

Watch Queensland batter Farrell and count the missed tackles.

.....sets himself up for a fall....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Healy has been cleared of biting.

but goes home injured
  • Options
    PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Bring on Wilko.

;-)

Considerably better than your Football career MOG.

Watch Queensland batter Farrell and count the missed tackles.

.....sets himself up for a fall....

I'm quite confused where you get this from?! Farrell has a lot of flaws but tackling certainly isn't one of them. In just International Tests he has played he has a 90% tackle rate which is remarkable for a fly half.
  • Options
    v Queensland .. a pulsater so far ... the lions have got a real game on here
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Shame that Warburton 'try' wasn't given. Would have been a classic.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Shame that Warburton 'try' wasn't given. Would have been a classic.

he should have passed .. had a man unmarked to his left .. greedy captain !!
  • Options
    1/2 time .. the lions are starting to get on top, especially in the tight .. the English contingent are all playing well .. fatty Stevens is a revelation
  • Options
    not totally convincing .. still 2 weeks to get it right(er)
  • Options
    Tommy Bowe out for the rest of the tour.

It must be pre-season as I've watched two rugby matches more today than I have all year !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Tommy Bowe out for the rest of the tour.

It must be pre-season as I've watched two rugby matches more today than I have all year !

make it 3 .. Argentina v England on BBC2 @ 7.30
  • Options
    A good win against a decent side - QR had a number of Wallabies Internationals in their team - including Quade Cooper who had a point to prove having been left out of the initial Wallabies squad.

The rain wrecked the game from a handling perspective but I'm happy with the win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey. It's been non stop rugby pretty much since the crack of dawn and now onto England-Argentina. Glad my other half is seeing her sister today. Timing of these things has never worked this well before. What's the catch...
  • Options

Blimey. It's been non stop rugby pretty much since the crack of dawn and now onto England-Argentina. Glad my other half is seeing her sister today. Timing of these things has never worked this well before. What's the catch...

Argentina are poor...

• Options
    Ireland wing Simon Zebo has become the third player to be called up to the British and Irish Lions squad on tour in Australia.
    Zebo, 23, has been summoned as cover with uncertainty over whether compatriot Tommy Bowe will be able to play any further part in the tour.
    Bowe has undergone an operation to repair a broken band in his hand sustained in Saturday's win over Queensland Reds in Brisbane.
  • Options
    A good replacement - Zebo is seriously quick, can he play centre though? I think he can cover at FB.

• Options
    Now saying that Bowe may still have a change of playing in the tour after his op on his hand.
  • Options
    Hogg starting at 10 tomorrow showing the folly of just taking two 10s. Not jumping on the Wilkinson bandwagon but a balanced squad would have seen a third fly-half picked (Biggar probably) esp. as Farrell can play 12 if he needed some extra game time
  • Options

Hogg starting at 10 tomorrow showing the folly of just taking two 10s. Not jumping on the Wilkinson bandwagon but a balanced squad would have seen a third fly-half picked (Biggar probably) esp. as Farrell can play 12 if he needed some extra game time

Wilko is injured anyway so not available.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Dan Cole could start at stand off and the Lions'd still hammer a 'country select' ... bunch o' Ned Kellys (:->)
  • Options
    today's game is a farce ..
  • Options
    It's given the B team a run out - and allowed the likes of Corbisiero a run out.