Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Pritchard

Comments

• Options
    I think the fact that he has had a rest out of the team recently meant he came back into the team with a point to prove.

His 'rest' has done him good, hope he can keep putting it in like that performance yesterday.

I think he puts so much into his game that normally he runs out of steam after 70 minutes, but who can fault the passion , energy and commitment that he puts in, could do with a few more of our players taking note ( and not getting sent off lads).
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

brilliant engine but I still think he is playing above himself - also plays well in a central position but shouldn't play wide right.

Agree with this Golfie. Think that there are plenty of players around who are better suited to this level, but without Pritchs work ethic. Long may he keep putting in these perfomances though and he is a proper Charlton player

definitely
  • Options
    he is my player of the season so far
  • Options
    The thing about Pritchard is that his energy and harrying is very effective, because it is relentless. He has a great engine but he would always be the first name on my central midfield - he'll improve too so we need to persevere with him and work on his weaker areas.
  • Options
    Took my mate to yesterday's game who supports man city (no, not Slater!) and he thought Pritchard was one of the best players out there and was also impressed with the fact that he appeared to be everywhere on that pitch. He didn't believe me when I said that he was playing non league football a few years ago!
  • Options
    Excellent fact in yesterday's programme re his work ethic: According to Prozone he ran 14,579 metres (9 miles+) during the game at Molineux. That's "the highest figure in England's top three divisions since January 2011".
  • Options

I think the fact that he has had a rest out of the team recently meant he came back into the team with a point to prove.

His 'rest' has done him good, hope he can keep putting it in like that performance yesterday.

I think he puts so much into his game that normally he runs out of steam after 70 minutes, but who can fault the passion , energy and commitment that he puts in, could do with a few more of our players taking note ( and not getting sent off lads).

Runs out of steam? I think it was mentioned in another thread that in a recent match he ran 9 miles, the highest in top 3 divisions since 2011!!!
  • Options
    Not entirely sure that the distance run is a great indicator of how good a footballer is ,perhaps we should sign Mo Farah.
  • Options
    timken said:

Not entirely sure that the distance run is a great indicator of how good a footballer is ,perhaps we should sign Mo Farah.

It is when part of his role is to close down and be box to box.

Strange comment.
  • Options
    timken said:

But no-one's saying it's the sole indicator, it just happens to be a good one at showing how hard he works. Of course, if he just went out ran 9 miles and didn't kick a ball that would be very worrying, but as you, I and everyone else knows, that's not the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I do like Bradley and think him an important committed member of the team.It is a shame we cant give him Stevens skill and do a reverse deal on the work rate and commitment but then we would have Stevie G playing for us.Frimpong was a weird combination of the two niether committed to the cause nor with the skill to change a game[but of course he thought he had both].I am hoping I am right in refering to Frimpong in the past tense.
  • Options
    AYE !

First name on the team sheet if fit for me.
  • Options
    Aye.

Appreciates the job he has got. Love the little fella.

Any guesses for who covers the least ground over the pitch?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    HG there have been plenty of games this season where Pritch has wilted after 70 minutes imo , yesterday wasn't one of them , the lad is a great character to have around the place , having met the guy, i'm sure of that , and i'm glad we've got him , and he's living the dream.
  • Options

Aye.

Hamer ;-)
  • Options
    Lol apart from him
  • Options
    och aye indeed...
  • Options

Aye.

Hamer ;-)
    Agree. Lazy player who hardly ever gets in the oppo box ; - )

I would guess one of the CHs covers the least ground but again that's their job and they have to make a lot of physical challenges.

Pritch is great and does his job for the team. Easy to point out what he can't do but he does do a lot of the basics and puts suppossedly better technical players to shame with his effort.

And he grew up in Bromley from 11 so all good.
  • Options
    Checking in to show my love for Pritchard
  • Options

Aye.

Jacko?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love the energy BP brings, agree he is not a winger though and should be played in the centre.
  • Options

Aye.

Hamer ;-)
    I dunno I reckon Fuller would give him a *walk* for his money.
  • Options
    He's the type of player I love to see in a Charlton team. 100% commitment, no ego and a proper team player. Thought I'd seen the last of his ilk in the professional game.

Thought he done a great job marking Hughes yesterday.................
  • Options
    Love the fella. If the rest of our squad had the effort and commitment that him and Wilson show every week I would go home happy on a Saturday whatever the result. Both are now instrumental in our 4 or 5 man midfield to my mind.
  • Options

He's the type of player I love to see in a Charlton team. 100% commitment, no ego and a proper team player. Thought I'd seen the last of his ilk in the professional game.

Thought he done a great job marking Hughes yesterday.................

Well said Tangs, completely agree.

• Options
    Pingpong I hear
  • Options
    Needs to work on his touch it has Improved considerably But still not championship top half standard

I love the fella would be one of the first names on the sheet for me for what he brings to the table

Powell loves him the players love him

If we lost SCP I don't think pritch would get a look in tbh

• Options

he is my player of the season so far

And mine.

• Options
    Has he got a song? He needs a song.
  • Options
    Love Pritch's attitude - never gives up. Seems to take real joy in playing.