Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bradley Pritchard

Comments

• Options
    Aye superb energy and good with both feet! He has adapted well to this league and doesn't get muscled of the ball as much!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Aye with bells on.

I think he is my favourite player at the moment. Watching him against Ipswich and yesterday he took both games by the scruff of the neck and lead by example. There was a moment in the second half I particularly remember when one of our players conceded possession on the left hand side and he sprinted 40 odd yards to chase the Derby guy whilst Stephens just sauntered back. When we were down to 10 men he looked like the captain, he was geeing the other boys up and telling them what to do and was putting himself in the way of everything and everyone in a white shirt.

He is not the greatest in possession but does nonetheless produce some good passes and crosses, and as somebody said above, is a much better midfielder than Semedo. He will have bad games again but with his attitude and workrate he will keep growing and whilst he lacked the finish, that sort of late run into the box will see him get a couple of goals.
  • Options
    Aye.
    Looks like he is 14!
  • Options
    QPR would kill for a couple of Bradley Pritchards right now instead of the bunch of expensive, technically talented but totally uncommitted bunch they have right now. We should never underestimate the value to the side of a couple of whole-hearted players like Pritchard and Wilson, even if they are not the most skillful players in the world.

Pritchard is the closest thing we have to a genuine all-round midfielder. He's mobile, he tackles, he hassles, he works back, he can pass and cross and he gets beyond the strikers and into the box. He keeps getting into goal-scoring positions and, although he's missed a couple of good chances, I think the goals will start to flow for him soon.

The Championship is not an especially technical league. Games are often decided by who works hardest and then produces a couple of moments of quality. We're not always producing that quality, but that's not really Pritchard's job - it's the like of Stephens/Jacko/Fuller/Kerkar/BWP who need to be doing more in that department.
  • Options
    I think Powell knows that parts of his game needs to and will get better -but he needs games. It is like sowing a seed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    more than the likes of Zaha, Noone and Reid. Very impressive considering some fans say all he does is run around and that he cant actually play football.
  • Options
    great player with plenty of scope for improvement.

Just imagine if he could finish!
  • Options
    Almonds said:
    That's damn impressive.

• Options
    Most of them mis- cued shots
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Powell has got the best from him so far .. I'm sure there is more to come. I recall the vids put online when he first signed for us. He looked a good player at semi-pro level .. he has so far taken the next step. He's the right age not to let success go to his head. He'll be a successful Addick for a while yet
  • Options
    if he was 22 he would be a massive prospect. Even at 26 I reckon he has 2 years of improvement ahead of him and given his work rate that could be significant.
  • Options
    Bradley, Bradley Bradley, Bradley Bradley, Bradley Bradley PRITCHARD.
  • Options
    Love the little dude, he's got a Charlton heart.
  • Options
    Oh, he's my favourite for sure. Honestly can't believe some of the criticism hurled his way. Gives the ball away more than anyone else because he gets (and usually wins) the ball more than anyone else. So much off-the-ball intelligence and awareness of space. Long live Bradley!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Very underated player as 80% of what he does goes unnoticed because it without the ball - but Chrissy and his team mates know what he does alright.
  • Options
    A guaranteed 4 or 5 out of ten every game for certain posters, irrespective of what he does.
  • Options
    I find him incredibly frustrating. For every good touch, run or tackle etc there is a misplaced pass or wrong decision.

Then of course he'll go and win the ball back.

Can't argue with 10 assists though! He is definitely in the squad on merit.
  • Options
    Scary how good he could get.
  • Options
    Does seem to be improving and it was a massive step up from yeading.Hope theres more to come,certainly got heart of a lion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrific player - rather have him in my team than the oppo.
    If only he could shoot though- what aa player he would be.!
  • Options
    Astonishing that he's being overlooked at international level, but I guess it's been to our benefit
  • Options
    I've been saying that he's a top player for quite a few months now, an opinion that doesn't seemed to be shared by a variety of others in J Block. Still don't think he an RM though, and plays a lot better when in CM.
  • Options
    Will learn a lot from Hughes regarding positional sense. He needs to conserve some energy for goal scoring opportunities. Too often he's legs turn to jelly when a powerful shot is required. He may already be doing less chasing around with Hughes beside him, perhaps that's why he scored on Saturday.
  • Options
    Excellent player
  • Options
    I love him my son doesnt, he says for every good thing he does he always seems to wipe it off with a pass to the opposition, or powder puff shot etc.

His workrate is first class, and wish he had some shooting practice and some decent steak to beef him up, as he is too easily bullied off the ball sometimes, but he will only get better.
  • Options
    Been a real pleasure watching someone like BP grab his chance and improve right in front of our eyes.
  • Options
    I once saw Bradley on a night out in London. Top top lad, hes got so much time for the supporters and you can tell he really loves the club. He said that he feels his best position is CM which I agree with although 10 assists from mostly playing RM is very impressive.
  • Options
    AYE
  • Options

A guaranteed 4 or 5 out of ten every game for certain posters, irrespective of what he does.

Always muscled off the ball, doesn't have the strength for this league, blah blah blah