Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Why couldn't he wait until she was 16?
  • Was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't make it right but would at least be legal.
  • Been out of god's waiting room (Eastbourne) for 1 week and this happens. Crazy stuff, i've met the girl and the family through an ex's friend.
    Didn't go to that particular school so don't know the teacher in question
  • "you hit me just like heroin" nice analogy. so its downhill from now on.

also great from our boarder staff....gets on a boat to france 9 hours after she was reported missing.
  • I am pretty certain that when it comes to teachers and pupils even if the student is 16-17-18 it is wrong, and I believe even criminal, to abuse your position of trust and run off with one.
    I know this may turn out to be the intense romance of all time, but I think the teacher is wrong wrong wrong. I don't know what the teacher is/was thinking of, because he is finished as a teacher now, and do they really think they can set up in some French idyll? Not a chance.
    No matter how tempted a teacher is they must try to resist or accept the inevitable nasty consequences.
  • In my hometown!
  • Prime jail bait, could've waited a few months til she was 16
  • i'm 29 so a year younger than him and there's no way I would touch a 15 or even a 16 year old. Think 19/ 20 would be my limit
  • If that was my daughter, I'd probably be driving round france with a 12 bore right now..............
  • As a red-blooded male myself, I realise it must be difficult to resist but for God's sake he should've exercised some self-control. How do the two of them think this is going to end?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't really blame border control-I doubt they'd even been briefed by then. 15 year olds run away all the time and then end up home in no time so the police probably didn't see it as a big deal after only nine hours.
  • Saga Lout said:

As a red-blooded male myself, I realise it must be difficult to resist but for God's sake he should've exercised some self-control. How do the two of them think this is going to end?

rehab.
  • tom- k said:

i'm 29 so a year younger than him and there's no way I would touch a 15 or even a 16 year old. Think 19/ 20 would be my limit

Half your age and plus 7...

But as above, wait until she's 16 at least, she can go to a different sixth form, you don't end up in jail.
  • That said, my girlfriend was 19 when we started going out and I was 26, so not in the half your age and plus 7 limit!
  • Shocking abuse of trust. Even were she 16/17/18 its wrong. Sadly these kind of things will always happen but they are not right.
  • tom- k said:

i'm 29 so a year younger than him and there's no way I would touch a 15 or even a 16 year old. Think 19/ 20 would be my limit

Why would you even have to say that?

• Shocking abuse of trust. Even were she 16/17/18 its wrong. Sadly these kind of things will always happen but they are not right.

This is the crux of it.

Two issues here. The obvious one of a man running off with a child but perhaps more importantly the abuse of the trust impressionable youngsters place in their teachers.
  • He's a nonce in my book.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'In loco parentis' applies here - he had a duty of care.
  • How long will he get in jail when they catch up with him?
  • With his abuse of trust, unlawful sex with a minor, I'd say 4 years, serve two, banned for life with working for kids and a spell on the sex offenders register.
    Of course if she denies any kind of sexual contact, different story. He will go down though.
  • Could be a two year sentence, at least that used to be the norm, it won't be less than that.
  • I went to that school, teacher wasn't there mind you. Shame they couldn't wait until 16 to be honest but have seen how desperate they are for there daughter to come back, must be incrediby hard for the family
  • I fully expect to get the piss taken out of me for saying this but he was actually my favourite teacher when he taught me seemed a nice guy.
  • I fully expect to get the piss taken out of me for saying this but he was actually my favourite teacher when he taught me seemed a nice guy.

You're obviously not the only one who thought of him as there favourite teacher.

• edited September 2012
    If he cared for her, he wouldn't have done what he did. He is a selfish peado, exploiting his position. He may believe or try to convince himself he loves her, but you wouldn't do that to somebody you love. It is obvious that a 15 year old girl isn't mature enough for that sort of relationship.
  • Agree 100% with that Mutley, Bing and Len. People who are saying he should wait until she is 16 are missing the fact that it is still completely wrong, He's a teacher and she is in his care. Also from reading the report in the mail, it doesn't seem that she is a particularly "mature" 15 year old. Not that that would make it right.

Total creep and he deserves all that is undoubtedly coming his way.