Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Football

Comments

• Options
    Strange article in the BBC
    Olympics football: Craig Bellamy wants anthem respected

Great Britain striker Craig Bellamy has called for the national anthem to be respected when they play Uruguay at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium.

God Save the Queen was booed before England played football against Wales at the stadium in March 2011.

Bellamy, and fellow Welshmen Ryan Giggs, Joe Allen, Aaron Ramsey and Neil Taylor have not sung the anthem while playing for GB in the Olympics so far.

But Bellamy said there is no need for non-English supporters to boo it.

"I definitely expect it to be respected, I am not a big fan of that [booing], with any nation their national anthems should be respected all around," said the Cardiff-born Liverpool striker.
  • Options
    Japanese women's team - current World Number 1 - are farmers, hotel waitresses, supermarket checkout girls earning around £900 per month. They make their own lunches when at training sessions in Cardiff.
  • Options
    I've not watched a lot of women's football, not since I realised they didn't swap shirts at the end. But I have to say the GB vs Brazil match was pretty exciting, with a lot of skill on display - things have moved on.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I've not watched a lot of women's football, not since I realised they didn't swap shirts at the end. But I have to say the GB vs Brazil match was pretty exciting, with a lot of skill on display - things have moved on.

I'm a convert like you Saga.
    Rare to see a yellow card or dissent.
    Some great passing skills and very down to earth competitors.

• Options
    still far too slow
  • Options
    Why compare mens football to womens? We don't do it waith any other sport e.g. Tennis, weightlifting, basketball etc. sit back and enjoy. Having coached womens State League Premier over here in Perth I was totally amazed by the skill level and refreshing (non whingy) attitude
  • Options
    Good result for the boys yesterday too...
  • Options
    Yes, let's not forget about how well the men's team are doing.

Us 'supporters' of England/GB are usually the first to absolutely crucify them when things go wrong, so lets give them some credit for stepping up so far.
  • Options
    Women just gone one nil down to Canada ...

COME ON !!!!
  • Options
    Oh dear...2 - 0 now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else going to Wembley tomorrow?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Anyone else going to Wembley tomorrow?

No but am going to the womans semi final on Monday
  • Options
    Mexico 4 Senegal 2 (AET) - cracking match!
  • Options
    Just in from Old Trafford.
    71,000 people hundreds of whom were booking semi final tickets for the Wembley Japan vs Mexico game.
    Brilliant game, atmosphere and free travel around the city.
    Thought something was up as we went in a VIP entrance (no turnstile) with our £20 quid tickets, arrived at padded seats in NW quadrant, guy on duty said they were reclaimed from corporates.
  • Options
    Pens...
  • Options
    you've missed an ''i'' out!
    Should have scored the one in normal time!
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    lol u can always rely on the footballers
  • Options
    Fcuk em - London is where it's at tonight.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    with all the team gb success good to see the football team not get carried away with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old story
  • Options
    out
  • Options
    and our shyte footballers show how to lose again and on pens as well, the most paid of our sportsman and the most useless
  • Options
    I knew he'd miss.
  • Options
    loser team
  • Options
    Poor performance, got what we deserves really. Typically arrogant penalty from Sturridge, I know it's a cliche but contrast that from the effort of Jess, Mo and Rutherford tonight.
  • Options

and our shyte footballers show how to lose again and on pens as well, the most paid of our sportsman and the most useless

Dunno bout that...the swimmers did pretty shit
  • Options
    Hate them run ups. Was always missing after that stutter. And then the attitude afterwards storming off. Tit.
  • Options
    how many times do left footed players miss?
  • Options

Dunno bout that...the swimmers did pretty shit
    Yeah but the swimmers would still beat them in a penalty shootout