Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics: Football

Comments

• Options
    GB's no 15 on the right wing is appalling and that's saying something in a match with zero quality. Are you Amdy Faye in disguise ?
  • Options
    Mr One Lung

I'm going to Gabon/South Korea next wednesday, my mate had a spare ticket and I got roped in.
  • Options
    GOAL!!!
  • Options
    Come on England GB 1-0!
  • Options
    Rachel Brown doesn;t seem to be in goal for GBR.... Why?!?

She's the best looking girl in our team, surely that's how you pick the team....
  • Options

I just don't see the football in the same light as a true Olympic event

Pretty much been in every Olympics for over 100 years. Sadly doesn't tend to get that well covered. I'd rather watch football than javelin or archery, personally.

You know that, I know that, some of the "experts" on here however...
  • Options
    Couple of them definetly look like they would go down in the box, And like a hard tackle from behind..?
  • Options
    another negative for the Olympics.

why was the game was allowed to kick off at 4pm?

most workers wouldn't be able to watch it who was preparing all their respective families dinners?
  • Options
    I remember seeing England v Sweden ladies at the Valley in 1983/84. A 2-2 draw. The Swedish left winger left an impression on me. Am I dreaming or did that game really take place ?

Only saw the last half hour of the GB game in the local pub but it was ok, save for the diabolical excuse for a wall when we scored. Good to set off with a win.

I have got a ticket to the men's final, so am looking forward to that. I suspect it will be two from Brazil, Uruguay and Spain but you never know
  • Options
    Columbia vs North Korea delayed by an hour so far as the North Koreans refused to play due to this cock up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    HILARIOUS!!

It aint even started yet and we've already sparked WW3
  • Options
    I read an article the other day saying it was impossible for anything like this to happen because it all gets checked by several people and they have systems in place.
    A month ago in London the South African hockey team had the apartheid era anthem played...ouch
  • Options
    Looks like whoever made the flags blunder at Hampden will need a KOREAS ADVISER. (hat-tip twitter)
  • Options
    Can't trust the Scots with anything.
  • Options
    korea game is hilariously bad. korea played the offside trap from a free kick 7 columbia players were on their own in the box and they fluffed it
  • Options
    Is it just me or are women unable to play in goal to a level were they can actually save shots and not just stand there and watch the ball fly past them from 30 yards?
  • Options
    How do they decide who is good enough to go in goal for the international women's team?
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

How do they decide who is good enough to go in goal for the international women's team?

If you support the nation of choice and can put your top on the right way round , you're in, being able to catch the ball is not a neccessity !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Q. Why is the England Womens kit all white ?

A. So it matches all the kitchen appliances
  • Options
    Cracking tip-over from the Team GB goalie yesterday.
    Went to see my first live matches yesterday.
    Very very impressed with the passing and skill on show, even more impressed with the lack of poxy play acting which has invaded every level of the men's game. It was indeed 'fair play'
    I think you have to think of it as a different type of game, and stop comparing it to the mens game if you want to appreciate it.

I was so impressed I tried to buy tickets for two more days, all sold out!
  • Options
    Ended up watching the Brazil v Cameroon game on one of the BBC Olympics channels last night, and the Brazilians were excellent, really good movement, skill and finishing. The game at Wembley on Tuesday looks like it could be a bit of a cracker.
  • Options
    just find it really slow. like Italian football on sedatives.
  • Options

just find it really slow. like Italian football on sedatives.

It's as if they are playing in treacle.
  • Options
    GB v Senegal later

image v image
  • Options
  • Options
    Macronate said:

GB v Senegal later

image v image

Ha, ha, like it
  • Options

Got £100 on them winning today to win £50 - hopefully they do the business .

After seeing this I put £50 on it, I made £26.
    Thanks
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Ended up watching the Brazil v Cameroon game on one of the BBC Olympics channels last night, and the Brazilians were excellent, really good movement, skill and finishing. The game at Wembley on Tuesday looks like it could be a bit of a cracker.

was that via the red button or have they got other specific Olympic channels (on sky)