Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    What do y'all make of Peaky Blinders S5? I have to say I really enjoy this one, so much so that I've watched the last two episodes live, which nowadays for me is unusual. 

That speech of Mosley last night brought a completely different type of menace and terror to the Peaky Blinders, and took it up a level IMO. 

I'm just a bit worried that what they have taken on in this series needs more than 6 episodes. It's very ambitious. But hats off for the ambition.
    Just love peaky blinders. Best thing on tv
  • Options
    Just finished series 4 of Peaky Blinders

thank god that's over !

sounds like S5 is good from comments on here though.

• Options
    Not started it yet but 'Unbelievable' on Netflix is getting some rave reviews.
    Just watched the first episode after having read some positive reviews. It's really depressing. Very good series and I'll keep watching.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Anyone watching these two series on at moment :  

the Capture - BBC1
    the Confession  - ITV1
    A Confession is pretty good I think......despite MF doing that vacant look double take thing that has become a bit of a trademark.  
  • Options
    Currently watching (and enjoying): 

Peaky Blinders - totally ridiculous but still compelling and very enjoyable
    Succession - series 2 not quite as good as the first but still excellent
    Call my Agent - French series on Netflix about an acting agency. Very watcheable
    Top Boy - Only seen first episode of season 1, but good to see it back on screen and clearly with a much bigger budget. 
  • Options
    Really looking forward to watching the new series of Top Boy. Recently rewatched s1&2 and had forgotten how good it was.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

the Capture - BBC1
    the Confession  - ITV1
    Yep me. Enjoying both
  • Options
    What do y'all make of Peaky Blinders S5? I have to say I really enjoy this one, so much so that I've watched the last two episodes live, which nowadays for me is unusual. 

That speech of Mosley last night brought a completely different type of menace and terror to the Peaky Blinders, and took it up a level IMO. 

I'm just a bit worried that what they have taken on in this series needs more than 6 episodes. It's very ambitious. But hats off for the ambition.

I haven't seen the latest one, it’s wearing thin for me. End of episode of 3 – we’re at war! First 60 seconds of episode 4 – we’ve a truce. That’s such a cheap cliffhanger.

Then at the end of 4 there was no suspense as you know that person will always be okay. It’s still a decent show but I watch it more out of habit now.

• Options
    The 3rd series of Mr Mercedes started on RTÉ last night.

If you can get hold of it, I thoroughly recommend. 
    Brendan Gleeson is just brilliant in it. 
    OOH, wishing that it was on Netflix as have read the book by Stephen King !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spiral, series 7...it is finally coming to BBC4, although no date has been confirmed. Some are suggesting Oct 5th. Please post here, anybody who gets confirmation

And yes, Audrey Fleurot returns with it too :-)
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    MrOneLung said:

the Capture - BBC1
    the Confession  - ITV1
    Yep me. Enjoying both
    Enjoying The Confession.
    Can't make my mind up re The Capture. It could be great or poor, depending on how it pans out.

Peaky Blinders S5 is good, but arguably not as good as the other series.
    Having said that I think it will all go off in the last episode. 
  • Options
    edited September 2019

On amazon prime video I believe 

edit. Maybe not
  • Options

I’m hoping it will be out on box set eventually as I will definitely buy it.
    I normally dread it when Stephen King books get dramatised for TV but oh my these have been excellent.
    You’ll love it my lovely xxx
  • Options

New season of 13 reasons why, I wouldn't bother about 4 or 5 episodes in. I will probably persist but anyone else I would advise not to bother...

First series was very good, 2nd not bad but not as good, this one is just terrible so far!

Im 9 episodes into the 3rd series and actually think its the best series so far.
  • Options

I normally dread it when Stephen King books get dramatised for TV but oh my these have been excellent.
    Ditto !

ALWAYS disappointed when his books are transferred onto film or TV, including the old version of IT.

However, compared with the recent offering that I couldn't wait to see, it was miles better IMO. 

SO many important bits missed out & even if you'd read the book, difficult to relate to Part 1 at times. And I wasn't impressed with the adult actors chosen to play the main 7 characters. 

I knew I'd dislike it but still couldn't wait to spend 3+ hours in the cinema. Thank goodness the seats were really comfy ! 

But thanks for the heads up re Mr Mercedes, lovely lady ! x
  • Options

Ditto !

ALWAYS disappointed when his books are transferred onto film or TV, including the old version of IT.

However, compared with the recent offering that I couldn't wait to see, it was miles better IMO. 

SO many important bits missed out & even if you'd read the book, difficult to relate to Part 1 at times. And I wasn't impressed with the adult actors chosen to play the main 7 characters. 

I knew I'd dislike it but still couldn't wait to spend 3+ hours in the cinema. Thank goodness the seats were really comfy ! 

• Options

Ditto !

Having a nightmare trying to post my post IYKWIM !!!!!

Will try again in a bit.
  • Options
    finished about a week ago on the BBC but you can get it on catch up - Fosse/Verdon 

brilliant. Sam Rockwell and Michelle williams are fantastic. 

if you liked Feud (Davis/Crawford's relationship) then you will love this 

• Options
    Series 7 of Spiral coming soon to bbc4 said the ad after the final episode of the excellent Danish series Darkness last Saturday. Can't wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darkness:Those who kill. 

This Danish thriller is not a barrel of laughs. Dark, moody, malevolent, sadistic.  I liked it! 

(Episode 1-2 will be deleted from catch up TV (BBC4) on 30th September, the rest (3-8) on October 21st) 
  • Options

This Danish thriller is not a barrel of laughs. Dark, moody, malevolent, sadistic.  I liked it! 

(Episode 1-2 will be deleted from catch up TV (BBC4) on 30th September, the rest (3-8) on October 21st) 
    My Mrs watched that & was absolutely gripped by it
  • Options

We enjoyed this series too ! 
  • Options
    Watching top boy on netflix 

I remember it being on channel 4 but apart from Ashley Walter's character I'm struggling to remember who was who. 

Its quality, you can tell some serious money was spent and the acting especially between Kano and Ashley Walter's is brilliant. 

Properly decent british television and raw as a chilli seed down the japper
  • Options

New season of 13 reasons why, I wouldn't bother about 4 or 5 episodes in. I will probably persist but anyone else I would advise not to bother...

First series was very good, 2nd not bad but not as good, this one is just terrible so far!

Im 9 episodes into the 3rd series and actually think its the best series so far.

In the end it was getting better last few definitely. I wouldn't say better than the other 2 personally, didn't really like the slightly different angle (new girl POV). It did get a lot better towards the end though tbf, enough to keep me for the next one!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Bit late to the game, but just watched first two episodes of Jessica Jones.

Not sure of it at the moment - any thoughts ?
    It was good when David Tennant is in it, otherwise don't bother.
  • Options

Yeah, really enjoyed this.
  • Options

Just watched it, I thought it was excellent. Totally recommended.
  • Options
    Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but just finished binge watching all 10 episodes of City on a Hill - Sky Atlantic.

VERY good, with a sleazy FBI guy played by Kevin Bacon as one of the two main characters. 

All episodes can be downloaded now. 
  • Options
    Secret History - The Troubles. BBC4 6-parter on The IRA (mostly) from 1969 onwards. Gives a big fat lie that Gerry Adams & Martin Mcguinnes were just Sein Fein......