Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Cant express my man love for this fella.

Wouldnt look out of place now in a lower half Prem side and i can only see him improving.

The massive 'ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop it!' let out by everyone in admiration yesterday when he turned the two wendy players about 3 times deep in our own half just sums him up.

He needs a proper song.

Comments

• Options
    ala BWP song - "He's from the Valleys, he's from the Valleeeyys...Our Rhoys Wiggins, he's from the Valleys" (as he's welsh) off the top of my head
  • Options
    who let the rhoys out,
    wig, wig, wig - gins!

who let the dogs out......
  • Options
    Met his uncle couple of times, my impression is that he loves being at Charlton - long may it continue, think he is absolute quality
  • Options
    My dad knows the bloke who trained him as a teenger. Apparently he was always a winger rather than a defender which would explain his fantastic attacking play.
  • Options
    he pretty much plays lb,lm and lw. absolutely dominates that left hand side.
    and for all his attacking abilities he is a solid defender too.
  • Options
    why not the bale song that some people started a while back....
    hes better than bale
    hes better than bale
    weve got rhyos wiggins
    hes better than bale
  • Options
    good efforts but think we need to stay away from that tune!
  • Options
    ala BWP song - "He's from the Valleys, he's from the Valleeeyys...Our Rhoys Wiggins, he's from the Valleys" (as he's welsh) off the top of my head
    like that one
  • Options
    on the left hes got lots of tricks, wiggins wiggins
    tackling back or pulling of his flicks, wiggins wiggins
    you know on him you can rely, weve all got man love for this guy
    rhyos wiggins, charltons sixteen
  • Options
    The lad is absolutely fantastic! Spoke to a Scottish neutral in the pub after the game and the first thing he said to me was "who is that number 16 fella?!" - Says it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My dad came up with a song for him..based on his favourite band (and mine) The Stranglers-Go Buddy Go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FY4h2DciuQ

I'm with my friend Rhoys having a good time.

He's got lots of speed and he's doing fine.

But wait a minute who is that i can see.

None other than Rhoys with the League One trophy.

Go Wiggy Go Go Wiggy go Wiggy go go go.

Maybe not.

• Options
    this way that way, forward and back, up and down the left wing
    hell take you on, hell track you back, his name is rhoys wiggins
  • Options
    Super super rhoys super super rhoys super super rhoys super rhoysy wiggins
  • Options
    He is absolute quality and I want him to stay and play for us in the Premier.
    Should things not work out, I hope we get full compensation. By that I mean upwards of £5M.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Super super rhoys super super rhoys super super rhoys super rhoysy wiggins
    I'd second that!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    All things bright and Bueautiful.
    All Players great and small.
    Cheating Sh!ts and ugly gits
    Rhoys Wiggins skins them all.
  • Options
    Best left back since Powell and with the potential to be better - apologies to the great man - you can't heap greater praise on a player than that though.
  • Options
    Of all the new players at the start of the season I thought Wiggins was the slowest out of the traps and I was a little disappointed after much hype on CL about his signing. Once he found his feet he has been outstanding. We have a very strong pair of full backs both of whom will only continue to improve.
  • Options
    what some of the people around me in the north upper sing is wiggy wiggy wiggy rhoys rhoys rhoys wiggy rhoys etc to the tune of oggy oggy oggy which is great imo :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bit shaky in his first 1,5 games... pure class since, but not making too many headlines lets keep him quiet
  • Options
    Rhoys Wiggins, woooooooooaaah.
    Rhoys Wiggins, woooooooooaaah.
    In awe as he runs past,
    He'll put you on your arse
  • Options
    good efforts but think we need to stay away from that tune!
    All the same tune! All the same tuuuune! all our songs are all the same tune!

• Options
    what some of the people around me in the north upper sing is wiggy wiggy wiggy rhoys rhoys rhoys wiggy rhoys etc to the tune of oggy oggy oggy which is great imo :)
    I try to get this started at most home games in the north upper but only a few people around me join in.

• Options
    I try to get this started at most home games in the north upper but only a few people around me join in.

i think its because a lot of people still dont feel comfortable pronouncing his first name haha

• Options
    Can Rhoys be as good as Chris Powell?
  • Options
    Can Rhoys be as good as Chris Powell?
    Very different styles. Powell wasn't all about pace but I doubt there were many left backs with his positional sense. I see Wiggins as the product of a more modern breed of wing backs and CP very much in the mould of a traditional left full back.

• Options
    Rumours saying West Brom might be interested, personally i'm not sure about him playing premiership football...
  • Options
    Rumours saying West Brom might be interested, personally i'm not sure about him playing premiership football...

Personally, I'm not sure about him playing for anyone other than us.....................
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong I believe he is quality at league 1 level, but is he good enough in the premiership...