Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins

12346»

Comments

• Options
    At his best in league one when he was excellent. Was never ever close to that form again after Zaha turned him inside out and he went off with that injury.

Not sure what Sheffield Wed paid us but whatever it was it was the right time to sell. Not performed well at Wednesday and they too were happy to sell. Wednesday fans can't believe they have got a fee. I imagine Eddie Howe will be shocked at Wiggins fall from something quite special to his current situation. I am willing to bet he doesn't get a look in at Bournemouth. If he does I think he will be torn a new one.

Nice bloke and its injuries that have done for him but done for him they have.
  • Options

I've met Rhoys a few times and he's a really nice bloke. All the best to him.

If Rhoys had listened to you and his mum, he wouldn't of had the nickname Sicknote !
  • Options
    Wiggins was a great left-back, maybe not as reliable in a tackle as Solly but still the pace on him was frightening, those injuries he got really messed with his career, he lost so many yards of pace on him.

But it's great to see him in the Premier League, let's hope he can kick on and do well for himself!
  • Options

At his best in league one when he was excellent. Was never ever close to that form again after Zaha turned him inside out and he went off with that injury.

Not sure what Sheffield Wed paid us but whatever it was it was the right time to sell. Not performed well at Wednesday and they too were happy to sell. Wednesday fans can't believe they have got a fee. I imagine Eddie Howe will be shocked at Wiggins fall from something quite special to his current situation. I am willing to bet he doesn't get a look in at Bournemouth. If he does I think he will be torn a new one.

When he last played for Bournemouth they finished 6th in L1! I bet Wiggins never in a million years imagined Bournemouth would get to the PL
  • Options

When he last played for Bournemouth they finished 6th in L1! I bet Wiggins never in a million years imagined Bournemouth would get to the PL
    I don't think anyone did....
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Looking on Twitter - the SWFC fans cannot believe that Bournemouth are actually paying money for him and he will be playing in the Premier League! Can't see many Bournemouth fans welcoming him back either...

Look at the stick the Wendies fans gave Michael Morrison, and he didn't turn out too bad for us.

I rated Wiggins initially, but after his long injury he struggled. A move back to Bournemouth might be just what he needs, though I'm not sure how much first team action he is going to get.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    last last I heard he’s our working as our sports nutritionist.

brilliant player in his day.  A joy to watch
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    last last I heard he’s our working as our sports nutritionist.
    Worked for us and Millwall on a consultancy basis.

Wiggins did part-time consultancy work for Charlton and Millwall last season, and also does the same with a wellness centre in London. He describes the transition away from playing as “not easy”.