Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins

Comments

• Options
    I get exactly where you coming from nth london addick..................and would a 6 foot chimp be ok shooters?
  • Options
    I'm starting to like the sound of this chimp.

Is he a modern full back who can attack and defend?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Going to Bournemouth as backup for Daniels until Mings is fit

Not good enough for a mid table championship team,
    but a squad player for a premier team !
    Charlie Daniels have had a very good season and stays fit.
    Wiggins just stopped improving because of the constant sick notes,
  • Options
    A bit like Sordell going to Burnley when they were in the Prem
  • Options

All about opinions and neither are nonsense just opinions

No your opinion that a one legged chimp should start a head of him is nonsense.
    Are we getting a one-legged chimp in on loan?
  • Options

If Eddie Howe can turn Simon Francis into a premier league full back he can do anything. Good luck wiggo

Is Eddie Howe A Doctor ?
    Or will he try to get Rhoys to protect his feet better when he wears the carpet slipper type of boot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    cafc-west said:

Looking on Twitter - the SWFC fans cannot believe that Bournemouth are actually paying money for him and he will be playing in the Premier League! Can't see many Bournemouth fans welcoming him back either...

A lot of us said a similar thing about Simon Francis
  • Options
    Good luck to Wiggins, deserves a break after his injuries.
  • Options
    Every club is different... the player might not have a brilliant relationship with the Manager, their style of play might not suit the team so they look worse than they actually are, reckon Rhoys will blossom under Eddie Howe and if he stays injury free we could see the old player return in him
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Cafc-West. Same Weds fans that thought Michael Morrison was worse than Llera and think Semedo is god.!

In the modern social media age,
    some fans love, some fans hate, some don't care,
    some change from game to game. Some support other teams and are there because of boredom and trollness. (soapboxsam 2016 made up word)
  • Options
    On stage and doing gigs, it's said all the time.
  • Options
    didn't a "useless" right back of ours go to Bournemouth and is now their captain ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

didn't a "useless" right back of ours go to Bournemouth and is now their captain ?

Gets rave reviews on MOTD most Saturday nights too. It's a funny old game as a man with a moustache once said...
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The big difference between Francis and Wiggins ?

Simon Francis problem at CAFC was he totally lost his confidence, and he imploded, i saw his last game against Preston when he was hooked at HT,
    to save him taking any more abuse from a small crowd against Preston in a league cup game. (he was very poor that night)
    Proud to say i went out on a limb and told a couple of the abusers that IF he got a move to a club where he was given licence to be more of a wing back he would be excellent. Was told don't give up your day job as you are clueless mate !

Wiggins also is superb Going forward as long as he has cover in front of him. His defending has always been hit or miss. The recurring injuries to his feet, means he can never get up to speed and find any consistency in his game. Francis playing under Eddie Howe have improved as a defender as well as a attacking player.

In 3 seasons Simon Francis hardly ever misses a game through injury.
    In 3 seasons Rhoys Wiggins has had 3 major foot problems plus thigh and pulled hamstrings.
  • Options
    He was also injured a lot in the season and a half that he was with Charlton after Roland took over... Says it all really
  • Options

The big difference between Francis and Wiggins ?

Simon Francis problem at CAFC was he totally lost his confidence, and he imploded, i saw his last game against Preston when he was hooked at HT,
    to save him taking any more abuse from a small crowd against Preston in a league cup game. (he was very poor that night)
    Proud to say i went out on a limb and told a couple of the abusers that IF he got a move to a club where he was given licence to be more of a wing back he would be excellent. Was told don't give up your day job as you are clueless mate !

Wiggins also is superb Going forward as long as he has cover in front of him. His defending has always been hit or miss. The recurring injuries to his feet, means he can never get up to speed and find any consistency in his game. Francis playing under Eddie Howe have improved as a defender as well as a attacking player.

In 3 seasons Simon Francis hardly ever misses a game through injury.
    In 3 seasons Rhoys Wiggins has had 3 major foot problems plus thigh and pulled hamstrings.

The interesting thing is that not only has EH used Francis's attacking strengths going forward, but seeing that he's now playing at CB he must have got him defending well as well!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Think some are definitely overstating Wiggins' 'decline' towards the end of his spell with us. He had set his own standards so high in the first couple of seasons I guess.

The Rhoys Wiggins we saw in the last season with us may not have been his blistering best, but it was still better than an in form Morgan Fox.

He was frankly bloody awful.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Good luck to you Rhoys, you were and still have been our best left back since SCP's third spell with us IMO, frankly.
  • Options
    I've met Rhoys a few times and he's a really nice bloke. All the best to him.