Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis and McOxo (McOxo left by mutual consent)

Comments

• Options
    Bit pricey!
  • Options
    where is the OXO tower? .. when I was a kid OXOs were made in a factory opposite Peter Pan's pool in Catford/Bellingham, I can recall the smell even now as I sit here typing
    Near Blackfriars bridge

What about a Charlton Life Xmas party ... up the oxo tower! ;0
    your treat?
  • Options
    With special guest McOXO dressed as Santa to give out presents to all his adoring fans!
  • Options
    if you want to book contact Harriet or Christie  at Harvey Nichols. Even the reservation clerks sound expensive 
  • Options
    With special guest McOXO dressed as Santa to give out presents to all his adoring fans!
    he'll have signed for Real Madrid by then
  • Options
    Worst footballer (ha,ha) that I've seen play for Charlton. No chance I'm going to be nice about him. If you had seen him at D&R you might feel differently before giving him the benefit of the doubt. the sooner he leaves the better.
  • Options
    Worst footballer (ha,ha) that I've seen play for Charlton. No chance I'm going to be nice about him. If you had seen him at D&R you might feel differently before giving him the benefit of the doubt. the sooner he leaves the better.
    is he still under contract? .. i.e. getting paid
  • Options
    Large,  i did see him at Dagenham , butt ... and its a big butt , I think i'm starting to see the light , maybe we have all gone a bit too far about this chap, and given him too much stick , maybe after his shall we say 'settling in' period last season , this season he could be the key to unlock this divisions defences , with some killer passes , crunching tackles and never say die attitude, perhaps he deserves a second chance and we should renew his contract as a measure of faith we have in him?

• Options

What do you think?
  • Options
    What do you think?
    I have no idea when or if his contract runs out .. I suspect he may have signed a two year deal when he came here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Large,  i did see him at Dagenham , butt ... and its a big butt , I think i'm starting to see the light , maybe we have all gone a bit too far about this chap, and given him too much stick , maybe after his shall we say 'settling in' period last season , this season he could be the key to unlock this divisions defences , with some killer passes , crunching tackles and never say die attitude, perhaps he deserves a second chance and we should renew his contract as a measure of faith we have in him?

Are you on crack?
  • Options

I doubt that he'll feature, he's been told to find another club and although he's turned down D&R he'll end up going somewhere on-loan until his contract runs out.

In central midfield we have Hollands, JJ, Pritchard, Bover and Alonso, JJ will feature on the left but can play CM, so even if he stays it's going to take an outbreak of the plague or the death of the first born before he gets a start.  

• Options
    Don't forget to add Stephens to that list of central midfielders.
  • Options
    As stated above, CP has told him to find another Club, he has no future with us.

I am assuming Mendonca In Asdas was being very Tongue in cheek, if not I fear for his sanity.
  • Options
    where is the OXO tower? .. when I was a kid OXOs were made in a factory opposite Peter Pan's pool in Catford/Bellingham, I can recall the smell even now as I sit here typing
    Near Blackfriars bridge

cheers
    Nothing to do with the Oxo brand though and as far as i recall from my days working on Oxo NPD it never has been
  • Options
    Maybe he will be kept with a key role to play in deflecting the moaning away from other players
  • Options
    Maybe he will be kept with a key role to play in deflecting the moaning away from other players
    it looks as though the Harvey Nichols group run the show .. absolutely fabulous prices I should think and as for McCormack the tethered goat, I wish people would just get on and watch the game and boo the opposition, or am I showing my naivéte here?
  • Options
    As stated above, CP has told him to find another Club, he has no future with us.

I am assuming Mendonca In Asdas was being very Tongue in cheek, if not I fear for his sanity.
    Large , i'll come clean , i'm on day 3 of Pepsi Max withdrawals , at the moment , and some strange things are a happening , aside of the blistering headaches , and body craving for caffeine , i had a dream last night that England was under attack from a Giant Worm , (Sebby Lewis overdose on youtube perhaps ).

In answer to your question of losing my sanity, probably! but i figured if we are going to get shot of this bloke then we need to start talking him up, particularly if other clubs are reading our threads.
  • Options
    I agree he's one of the worst Charlton players and I'll be glad when he's gone.

I wasn't there but John Still was, he wouldn't have bid for him if he didn't think he could get something out of him. At least at League 2 level.
  • Options
    Some very glowing reports in the orient post-match but in my opinion, that's what makes it so frustrating for us fans and why so many don't like him. To show us that, when he can be bothered, he can actually put in a decent shift. To not go out there and give it your all is criminal for me for the money these guys get paid, yes, even at this level they probably earn more than 90% of us do.

Also, when he scored the goal V's Orient he commited the cardinal sin......................................................

He never kissed the badge. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If he wasn't under contract, how could we be trying to sell him ? It would be great if we could sell players who weren't under contract with us & trouser the fee !

• Options
    Near Blackfriars bridge

cheers
    Nothing to do with the Oxo brand though and as far as i recall from my days working on Oxo NPD it never has been
    Isn't there a story about the makers of OXO getting the windows built that way to get around an advertising ban or something?
    Not sure if it's true or an urban myth though?
  • Options
    I've a feeling that the Oxo building was owned by the manufacturers of oxo although the stuff was never made there - they used the building as an advertisement.
  • Options
    OS says Francis couldn't agree terms with Bournemouth so deal looks to be off.
  • Options
    OS says Francis is staying for the foreseeable. Not ideal but not the end of the world. Makes me more worried about Bournemouth to be honest. If they can't attract a player on the back of a crap season who has been told to talk to other clubs they might be in for it this year. Could be another Swindon story
  • Options

Yep, another who realises that the deal he's currently on is way better than his actual market value, so he'll stay put.

Francis and McCormack will be loaned out somewhere, the chances are that it might be some grim and remote which won't do their footballing futures any good, but that's the risk they are taking.

• Options
    francis can't agree deal with bournemouth.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2393673,00.html
  • Options
    OS says Francis couldn't agree terms with Bournemouth so deal looks to be off.
    Which makes you wonder why the OS ran the story in the first place.  Not a dig at the Comms team but why not just keep it quiet until it was done.

I know people moan about the OS "always being late" but this is just why the Club should only talk about done deals and not maybes.
  • Options
    to be fair henry, they just reported that they accepted a bid, the deal was done on our part. 
  • Options
    Scapegoats sorted for next season already and it isn't even August B-)