Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    Good looking girl Stu, here's our puppy Valli. Now just over a year old at 34kg (huge for a girl) with her uncle JJ (48kg)image
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Good looking girl Stu, here's our puppy Valli. Now just over a year old at 34kg (huge for a girl) with her uncle JJ (48kg)image

48kg !!! He is a big boy !!!

Scoob comes in at 20kg (he is a Springer thou !!)
  • Options
    Here's my boy Chewie weighing in at 13kg at 4.5 months old. Gaining about a kilo a week! No longer nipping thanks to some advice from TCE!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Here's my boy Chewie weighing in at 13kg at 4.5 months old. Gaining about a kilo a week! No longer nipping thanks to some advice from TCE!

Pleased I could help. :)
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Love the Springers, I have one in my training class, fantastic obedience levels but struth has the owner had to work hard with her!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Escher, our border terrier just lost his last puppy tooth at 25 weeks
  • Options
    shine166 said:

25 weeks!! he hung on them ;)
    Wheres the name come from, its very original?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

shine166 said:

25 weeks!! he hung on them ;)
    Wheres the name come from, its very original?
    Yer it was a straggler ! Other than that one he looks like he's got comedy teeth. It's after Mc Escher the Dutch artist.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Love the Springers, I have one in my training class, fantastic obedience levels but struth has the owner had to work hard with her!
    Scooby at Shoreham near Eynsford this weekend just gone - you can't keep a Springer out of water !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Just bought an eight week old Border Collie. Waited 9 months since we lost our little Cairn, so thought it was about time.

At least I can't get blamed when the house smells of piss. Buddy is the one on the left.

The one on the left looks more like a bearded collie to me! :smiley:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Just bought an eight week old Border Collie. Waited 9 months since we lost our little Cairn, so thought it was about time.

At least I can't get blamed when the house smells of piss. Buddy is the one on the left.

Lovely looking boy :)
    It appears I broke a bone in my hand yesterday and sometime earlier (maybe years ago) broke a bone in my wrist playing with my Bailey!
    Doing something like this with 7st hanging on the end of a Tug toy something was always going to give out and the old bones gave out first. :(image
  • Options
    Valli was introduced to 60 school children a couple of weeks ago mainly of the age group she will be assisting when she starts officially in the new term. She handled it very well and we are looking forward to starting properly in september. I thought some might like to see a couple of photos from the day. imageimage
  • Options
    edited July 2017

T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

Scooby at Shoreham near Eynsford this weekend just gone - you can't keep a Springer out of water !!!
    First went to Shoreham in 1959 with some mates on the train from Catford, I was 10.
    Dangled my rod (if you'll excuse the expression) many a time from that bridge and took my bloodhound Watson there for a swim many a time back in the 80's.
    Great place to walk a dog LFH.....he looks like he's in heaven!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    forget it
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Valli was introduced to 60 school children a couple of weeks ago mainly of the age group she will be assisting when she starts officially in the new term. She handled it very well and we are looking forward to starting properly in september. I thought some might like to see a couple of photos from the day. imageimage

Lovely pics Ray but enough about the dogs...............................lets talk about your wardrobe, blue trainers with Khaki shorts????
  • Options
    Gilbert, never without a ball!
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Lovely pics Ray but enough about the dogs...............................lets talk about your wardrobe, blue trainers with Khaki shorts????
    Sadly the trainers made it to the end of the week and went in the bin. The shorts are still be worn but with a cream coloured adidas. Forgive me CL for I have sinned, I'm on my way to British Home Store now to buy some elasticated waist band shorts and suede slip ons by way of repentance. ;)
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I've always had Border Collies, they're such fantastic dogs, lot of work and obsessive but I wouldn't have any other dog.

They look lovely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Took this earlier, my 9 year old Granddaughter walking Bailey and Valli together (84kgs combined weight) along the sea front at Minster. She passed a guy with a French Bulldog that was having a chat at ours, she told the dogs to walk on and they did just that. :)image
  • Options

Addickted said:

I've always had Border Collies, they're such fantastic dogs, lot of work and obsessive but I wouldn't have any other dog.

They look lovely.
    Also only ever had border collies. My current and third named "Wilson" is nearly 10 years of age. So easy to train and very loyal.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    This is our 18 month old working GSD, Mrs RM is getting him trained to compete in Germany for Team GB, hopefully.

If you want to see what his dad does put 'Arts vom Gruahen ma Holt' into 'You tube' and watch what he does. This fella of ours 'Zeek' will be doing the same thing. (The video lasts 6 minutes, so bear with it)

• Options
    This picture appeared in today's Mirror.

One year old Belgian Malinois called Siara completes her training to join an elite search and rescue team.

Never heard of this breed before but apparently (thanks to google) are a very useful addition in the theatre of war. They are incredibly compact and fast with a sense of smell 40 times greater than that of a human. Their small stature make them ideal for parachuting and repelling missions with their handlers. The SEALS were accompanied by a Belgian Malinois named Cairo during their raid on Osama Bin Laden in 2013.
  • Options

This picture appeared in today's Mirror.

One year old Belgian Malinois called Siara completes her training to join an elite search and rescue team.

Never heard of this breed before but apparently (thanks to google) are a very useful addition in the theatre of war. They are incredibly compact and fast with a sense of smell 40 times greater than that of a human. Their small stature make them ideal for parachuting and repelling missions with their handlers. The SEALS were accompanied by a Belgian Malinois named Cairo during their raid on Osama Bin Laden in 2013.

I read this story week, the Malinois has been used for a long time in security/protection as well ob in the US. I trained Bailey with a security company in the east end and several professional handlers had them and a lot were imported from Holland. They are phenomenal dogs and have everything and they are lot lighter than Shepherds, certainly my dogs which are showlines which means they can move faster although as it's lighter that probably explains why it has a lessor bite strength, it's bugle while good is behind the Lab and the Shep in the sense of smell department. What worries me about these stories, the spinoff is your average idiot thinks it's a good idea to go and buy one and try and turn it into a protection dog.
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend a Vet in the Bexley area please ? ParkVets are useless , cheers
  • Options
    Shag said:

Can anyone recommend a Vet in the Bexley area please ? ParkVets are useless , cheers

Aspen Vets in Sidcup/Abbey Wood.
  • Options
    Not in Bexley, but my vets is in Westcombe park and are highly recommended by me. James saved my boys life........... :)
    http://www.blackheathvets.co.uk
  • Options
    "You looking at me"
  • Options
    Here's our boy Bungle - 7 and a half months and approaching 30kg.