Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hudson: I’ll stick with the Addicks

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/content/Charlton_Football_Club/story.aspx?brand=GVSROnline&category=CharltonFootball&tBrand=GVSROnline&tCategory=CharltonFootball&itemid=WeED21%20May%202009%2010%3A19%3A33%3A417

Comments

• Options
    Damn
  • Options
    ''Hudson and other Premiership-pedigree players ''

Ahem.....
  • Options
    "One striker went past Marky..."
  • Options
    "whoever is in charge wants to keep me as captain, I'd love to be"

;-)
  • Options
    Not a chance in hell will he be here by the end of the transfer window
  • Options
    Cardiff not willing to meet his wage demands?

Perhaps Dave Jones isn't willing to pay over the odds for mediocrity, unlike a certain other manager!
  • Options
    We need him off the wage bill. End of.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Robert Lee has ruled out a move away from The Valley
    Scott Parker has ruled out a move away from The Valley
    Danny Murphy has ruled out a move away from The Valley
    Andy Reid has ruled out a move away from The Valley

Blah, blah, blah....
  • Options
    Good. This is just the type of news we should be hearing over the Summer. One player admitting his mistakes and being determined to fix them.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    He'd be a good player for us next season and did seem to be settling in. But there are much bigger priorities to keep than him.
    Plus i reckon he's talking bollox and isn't that bothered about staying. If he is, how about a little pay cut until he leads us to promotion. That would show some commitment.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"One striker went past Marky..."

He is almost worth keeping just for that song. I love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Good. This is just the type of news we should be hearing over the Summer. One player admitting his mistakes and being determined to fix them.

I'd be determined to atone for my previous seasons poor performances (where I was allegedly paid £12k a week) by playing for another year at the same wage.

Gee - such loyalty
  • Options
    Its all well and good players admitting mistakes, wanting to fix things etc but the bottom line is simply can't afford someone on a Premiership salary with a Div 3 income.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]Good. This is just the type of news we should be hearing over the Summer. One player admitting his mistakes and being determined to fix them.

I'd be determined to atone for my previous seasons poor performances (where I was allegedly paid £12k a week) by playing for another year at the same wage.

Gee - such loyalty
    So, are you saying he should show loyalty by leaving for another club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Its all well and good players admitting mistakes, wanting to fix things etc but the bottom line is simply can't afford someone on a Premiership salary with a Div 3 income.

Won't matter when the takeover goes through. We can afford anybody then!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Gee - such loyalty

If he wants to show real loyalty he'll stay AND take a 50% pay cut.
  • Options
    Why 'Damn'

Virtually unstoppable in the air, which we are going to get a lot of in League 1.

Needs a pacy defender to play with admittedly. Think if we get Ward they would be a good partnership (As already proven arguably in the latter stages of the season) Then at least we would have 3 decent CB's with Fortune aswell (If he stays)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Not a chance in hell will he be here by the end of the transfer window

seconded.

Intersesting to read too that The Times consider MKDons to be a heavyweight club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

Gee - such loyalty

If he wants to show real loyalty he'll stay AND take a 50% pay cut.
    Why would anyone, in any walk of life, do that?
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Out of loyalty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]Why 'Damn'

Virtually unstoppable in the air, which we are going to get a lot of in League 1.

Needs a pacy defender to play with admittedly. Think if we get Ward they would be a good partnership (As already proven arguably in the latter stages of the season) Then at least we would have 3 decent CB's with Fortune aswell (If he stays)

Very stoppable in the air and easily beatable on the ground.

Not the worse we've ever had but Ward and Fortune are both better players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spin for nobody else is mug enough to match my wages in the present climate so I might as well stay put.
  • Options
    If someone offers him more money he'll go. Or failing that, if someone wants him but can't match his salary with us then i guess we'd pay the difference just to get rid of him. Either way i doubt he'll be here next season, he's just saying the right things which i guess he has to seeing as he's the captain.
    When Leeds suffered their demise, i think they were still contributing to Keane and Fowlers wages about 2 years after they left.
  • Options
    for what its worth i think it is a drip of info that the takeover is iminent he has heard who the investors are has spoken to the new mgr and thought do you know what when this comes off i can make a few quid i am staying put

just my opinion of course

but i was talking to PV over a big mac last night and he reliably informed me that Darren Bent will be back for the pre season

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cafc #1[/cite]Why 'Damn'

He's decent in the air, not unstoppable, but then again how many centre backs have we had that are good in the air? Most if not all of them are.

Whenever I see him, there's something about him that just doesn't look as dominant in the air as you'd hope.

He had a hard time in the air against Jay Bothroyd when we played Cardiff, who we saw from his time here is nothing more than ok in the air, not that great for his size.

Though all three of them should be good players in League One, I'd say Hudson has the most to prove out of all of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Look at it this way - if he stays, he'll likely remain on the same wage
    If he goes of his own accord, he'll probably pick up a small pay rise
    If he's sold he's probably due compensation for having his contract broken & he'll get a signing-on fee + a pay rise.

Which option would you take? Of course he's going to say he wants to stay at the moment...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]for what its worth i think it is a drip of info that the takeover is iminent he has heard who the investors are has spoken to the new mgr and thought do you know what when this comes off i can make a few quid i am staying put

but i was talking to PV over a big mac last night and he reliably informed me that Darren Bent will be back for the pre season

;-)

Don't believe that for one minute

Varney is a Burger King man
  • Options
    There's no pleasing some people. He's had as much abuse for saying I wish to stay and sort this out as he would have received had he said bugger this I'm off! We all know he may well go and that talk is cheap but can't we give the guy a bit of a break...?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]for what its worth i think it is a drip of info that the takeover is iminent he has heard who the investors are has spoken to the new mgr and thought do you know what when this comes off i can make a few quid i am staying put

;-)

Don't believe that for one minute

Varney is a Burger King man

thats why we went maccie D's he said and quote the bushes are moving outside BK i can not get seen with you or the whole Takeover bid could be blown the backers wouldnt want me to be seen with the PM of England
  • Options
    That makes sense.

I can understand why someone, anyone, wouldn't want to be seen with you ; - )
  • Options
    you wont be saying that when i rule the world, henners

or at least rule my house when the wife lets me ;-)