Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Akpo and Izele. Well at least there would be some pace, height and power.

Would still take Mooney if the money was right. Has scored a few goals and his link up play and passing is good enough for this level. And if only we had a free kick taker his dives would win us loads of goals.

Llera and Basey can both take free kicks if they are still with us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And if only we had a free kick taker his dives would win us loads of goals.
    Not like you to say a player definitely does dive...!

OK, he goes over very easily. Not the same as Bailey who goes over when he gets punched in the chest!
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Llera and Basey can both take free kicks if they are still with us

I doubt Llera will find a keeper like Flahaven every week.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And if only we had a free kick taker his dives would win us loads of goals.[/quote]
    Not like you to say a player definitely does dive...![/quote]

Won't believe it until its on the OS
  • Options
    Dagnall has come out and said that he's hoping to sign a deal at Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Dagnall has come out and said that he's hoping to sign a deal at Scunthorpe.

I know we all know it anyway but if ever there was a sign of how far we've fallen then that is it. A striker preferring Scunthorpe over us!
  • Options
    Just been on the ever reliable Football Rumours and found these two gems

'Keith Keane joining Charlton for £100k to stop the tranfer going to a panel as he is under 24.'

'Rui Marques – Free – Charlton
    Tresor Kandol – Free – QPR/Charlton'

Although I know this site is unreliable all three of these rumours seem plausable , i note that Keane is out of contract and will turn 24 in November , he seems to have been on the radar for some time.

Marques is out of contract , but at 32 and injury prone I'm not sure that he would be what is needed if we retain Sam Sodje , likewise Kandol now Akpo has signed on.
  • Options
    any player mentioned with a fee attached, any fee, forget it. I see Alan Irvine at Sheff Weds has been told he can bring in eight players but all have to be free transfers. Would be interesting to see what his wages budget is for those eight.
  • Options
    More from Football Rumours

25 May 2010 15:26:53
    Ex charlton players moving on –

Chris Dickson – Rochdale
    Leon McKenzie – Stevenage
    Matt Spring – Gillingham
    Dean Sinclair – Wycombe
    Tony Warner – Bristol Rovers
    Jack Clark – Welling United

Apparently Portsmouth will sign Miguel Llera (from Charlton, MIDFIELDER)

A Newcastle sale will be :
    Ben Tozer – £1million – Charton
    25 May 2010 17:08:12
    I work at Charlton FC. I can promise that club captain Nicky Bailey will be joining Swansea City after a fee of £900k was agreed. Bailey was wanted by Swansea last season but now they have stepped up their interest as Darren Pratley is joining Middlesborough.

Nottingham Forest have contacted Stevenage Borough to enquire about striker Charlie Griffin and a possible swap deal for Ade Adebola.
    With the possibility of Paul Smith being loaned out to Charlton Athletic for the season to replace Tony Warner who was released, Forest have been looking to bring in Blackburn keeper Mark Bunn as competition for Lee Camp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]
    I work at Charlton FC. I can promise that club captain Nicky Bailey will be joining Swansea City after a fee of £900k was agreed. Bailey was wanted by Swansea last season but now they have stepped up their interest as Darren Pratley is joining Middlesborough.

could do he is good mates with mark gower who plays there.

i will find out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Football Rumours is the site you can send in anything you want and they'll put it up.

There's no way all the players we've released have already agreed moves.
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]A Newcastle sale will be :
    Ben Tozer – £1million – Charton
    Some of it might have been believable until that bit.
  • Options
    I love football rumours I managed to get a friend on there saying he would sign for Coventry despite him not even playing football
  • Options
    i have asked the question as of yet i am told that it has not happened not that it wont, and that is from a pal connected to the Swansea playing squad.

this pal also told me that bailey had signed for us before it was announced so it is good info.

wait and see but i reckon he will move closer to home and possibly a lot closer
  • Options
    I used to go on it a lot and accept that it is unreliable.It now seems to be updated constantly.

I suspect like all sites like this it may occasionally throw up something interesting.I take it with two bottles of Salt

Since my last post Bailey to Swansea has been reposted , but so has Bailey to Leicester £900 k seems to be the asking price .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I used to go on it a lot and accept that it is unreliable.It now seems to be updated constantly.

I suspect like all sites like this it may occasionally throw up something interesting.I take it with two bottles of Salt

Since my last post Bailey to Swansea has been reposted , but so has Bailey to Leicester £900 k seems to be the asking price .

Dont think it will be either of those teams
  • Options
    well i think if bailey goes he will go for a lot more then that more like 1.5m + and id say boro norwich and forest would be in front of those two clubs lets hope he stays i cant see it tho?

perhaps if he does go we might get jackson from gillingham on the cheap green from dagenham looked good in those play off games if sam goes i bet sam ends up at palarse could the other jackson come back from notts county i am sure he will be looking at the loan market again plus that huge free bee list and then the res from liverpool
  • Options
    £1.5m would be great, unlikely though. Remember Bailey only has a year left on his contract, when we sold Hudson he probably had two years left. Clubs know we need the money even more now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bailey is looking to move on.

Any of the better League Two players with contracts will surely cost at least £3/400k, something we just can't afford unfortunately.
  • Options
    We'll be very lucky if we get Jackson. It would be nice, though!
  • Options
    I think we'll be happy to accept anything around 750k plus add ons for Bailey. I also think he'll stay closer to home and probably go to somewhere like QPR or Watford.
  • Options
    Probably QPR, have Watford even got any money?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton get a few mentions in relation to Michael Bostwick, Stevenage Borough
  • Options
    We laugh at the press for making up rubbish, but fans are worse. Why would we sign a third senior keeper to "replace" warner who was only here as off-contract injury cover? Who is Ade Adebola? Why would someone working for Charlton who is prepared to go and spout in-depth details of a deal on a nothing website, be in the know?
  • Options
    This is a thread for enjoying rumours no matter how tenuous, newspapers,,,apparently have something to do with relaying real news.
  • Options
    Warren Feeney released by Cardiff. Think we were linked with him last summer.
  • Options
    * waits for the inevitable Darren Purse link to materialise*
  • Options
    latest rumour is Lloyd Sam to Norwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Warren Feeney released by Cardiff. Think we were linked with him last summer.

Aww you've got me singing the song at work again. Didn't he have a fairly bad injury?
  • Options
    Hayden Mullins?
  • Options
    Mullins would surely be so far out of our budgetary constraints.
  • Options
    Mullins was playing pretty reguarly in the Prem last year - he'd get a deal at a Championship club without too much trouble I would think. Anyway, I'd rather we spent money on hanging onto Semedo who is improving and in his mid 20s, Mullins will only go down hill from here in even if he's still a decent player.

As for the Bailey rumours, I'd be very happy with 900k. At £1.5m he'd be overpriced by quite an amount imo - in todays market (and from our bargaining position) £750K would represent fairly decent business especially if a few add ons or a loan in return were thrown in.

Whilst it's a crappy situation to be talking about departures more thn incomings, I do find a small amount of solace in the fact that (with 2 notable exceptions) anyone that leaves will go with my best wishes having all tried hard for the club this year.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!