Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Owain Tudor Jones is a player we were strongly linked with last year I believe, do not know too much about him but apparantly been told he can leave Norwich.

He's not Welsh by any chance, is he ....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Owain Tudor Jones is a player we were strongly linked with last year I believe, do not know too much about him but apparantly been told he can leave Norwich.

I've heard he's got big bollocks!
  • Options
    I've heard he's got big bollocks![/quote]

is he the yeovil player that got hit in the knackers at the valley this year when on loan from Norwich?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient signed Alex Revell on a free. .

You never know what your going to get with Revell

That could be said said for a few of our strikers. No one's been great Burton's done well but thats about it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient signed Alex Revell on a free. .

You never know what your going to get with Revell

That could be said said for a few of our strikers. No one's been great Burton's done well but thats about it.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I've heard he's got big bollocks!

is he the yeovil player that got hit in the knackers at the valley this year when on loan from Norwich?[/quote]

Affirmative
  • Options
    Sky Sports are reporting that Man City have made a bid for James Milner!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Dagnall from Rochdale is apparantly coming to us, first I've heard about it

well he's out of contract and over 24 so would cost nought. 20 goals in 45 games isn't too shoddy, a gamble we will have to take in my opinion. Can't afford fees so picking up a possible gem like this is what we'll have to do.
  • Options
    Mcleod and Dicko for Jackson

Please?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Mcleod and Dicko for Jackson

Please?

The only Jackson you are likely to get for those two is Glenda!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dickson's out of contract and gillingham has said they still don't want him.

and a league two side wont be able to afford Mcleod's wages.
  • Options
    Mcleod doesnt even deserve to be paid in peanuts!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Mcleod doesnt even deserve to be paid in peanuts!

a full season in League 1 and he'd score more goals than Mooney and Sodje combined. He has pace and we have lacked that up front this season. I for one hope he is here next season because we are not going to get any better.
  • Options
    Maybe we should give him a run.

He just reminds me of Bambi on Ice on the ball :(

Maybe we should see if Dicko and pull through aswell. Offer him a much lower wage
  • Options
    Wonder if we'll manage to loan Shiz out this year after two managers have loaned him and attempted to send him back within a few weeks? I think we're stuck with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

a full season in League 1 and he'd score more goals than Mooney and Sodje combined. He has pace and we have lacked that up front this season. I for one hope he is here next season because we are not going to get any better.

Really? mooney haters here please! didn't do enough on monday still to convince you Large
  • Options
    thought he had his best game for us on Monday, and I said so in the match review thread, but I still don't think he's good enough and will never be a consistant goalscorer.
  • Options
    But McLeod got a run in the team this season, albeit 3 starts and 8 as sub, he scored 3 goals and 4 bookings, his pace is great but his brain is rubbish. he had his chance same as Dicko
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Sounds like Dagnall is that kind of striker, I'd rather we clear out the likes of McLeod and get new strikers in. Would freshen things up. Like Ambrose players like McLeod would probably benefit from a move. I don think he's confident at all when he plays for us.

If we can't find the right players then McLeod stays as the rest are out of contract or gone back to their loan clubs. For now I have that bit of hope we'll find someone a bit better, or more likely just a stronger character than McLeod.
  • Options
    i'd prefer mcleod over akpo ... scary thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]But McLeod got a run in the team this season, albeit 3 starts and 8 as sub, he scored 3 goals

and I doubt that those stats are any worse, probably better, than Mooney's and Sodje's. I too think he'd benefit from moving on but we paid millions for him and will struggle to get a fee for him so maybe we should utilise him and try to get some return on the money we paid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]thought he had his best game for us on Monday, and I said so in the match review thread, but I still don't think he's good enough and will never be a consistant goalscorer.

haven't read mate sorry if thats the case, just feel he is under-valued and he is definately good enough to keep him here imo wouldn't put ahead of forster or burton but still rotate him and forster maybe, between them they would get 30 goals with full season all 3 but who knows
  • Options
    The Sun says that Mk Dons have signed Lewis Guy from Doncaster and that Dietmar Hamann will make a shock return to football with them!
  • Options
    Can confirm what Red_in_SE8 posted on the Reid thread. Reds brother is a black cabbie and picked up Sheff Utds Chairman. Grilled him on Kyle Reid and was told that "he liked Reid and thought he should get a run of games at Sheff Utd. Also that he was bringing over some Aussie players and would be looking to ring Charlton about sending them out on loan". Not good news for those of us deluded enough to think we might see Reid back. As for the Aussie thing....well who knows ! Just passing on the gossip.
  • Options
    I have heard that we will be trying to keep hold of Semedo and Racon and Wagstaff but the rest of the midfield can go

I heard Deon will be going

Aswell could Randy

very young squad next season,

Damien Matthews is not ready for 1st team mgmt ;-(
  • Options
    How do rumors get started, they're started by the jealous people and
    They get mad seein' somethin' they had and sombody else is holdin'
    They tell me that temptation is very hard to resist
    These wicked women, ooh, they just persist
    Maybe you think it's cute, but girl, I'm not impressed
    I tell you one time only with my business please don't mess

Look at all these rumors surroundin' me every day
    I just need some time, some time to get away from
    From all these rumors, I can't take it no more
    My best friend said there's one out now about me and the girl next door

Hear the one about Tina, some say she's much too loose
    That came straight from a guy who claims he's tastin' her juice
    Hear the one about Michael, some say he must be gay
    I try to argue, but they said if he was straight he wouldn't move that way
    Hear the one about Susan, some say she's just a tease
    In a camisole she's six feet tall, she'll knock you to your knees

I can't go no place without somebody pointin' a finger
    I can't show my face ‘cause when it comes to rumors I'm a dead ringer
    It seems from rumors I just can't get away
    I bet there'll even be rumors floatin' around on Judgment Day
    I'll think I'll write my congressman and tell him to pass a bill
    For the next time they catch somebody startin' rumors, shoot to kill

What's mine is mine, I ain't got time for rumors in my life
    I'm a man who thinks, not a man who drinks, so please let me live my life

Stop (Stop) spreadin' those rumors around
    Stop (Stop) spreadin' the lies

• Options
    In answer to Oggy in quote 21, page 1 my answer is- no, not these chaps. Even that tosser got the odd decent player in! ;o)
  • Options
    Akpo and Izele. Well at least there would be some pace, height and power.

Would still take Mooney if the money was right. Has scored a few goals and his link up play and passing is good enough for this level. And if only we had a free kick taker his dives would win us loads of goals.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And if only we had a free kick taker his dives would win us loads of goals.
    Not like you to say a player definitely does dive...!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can confirm what Red_in_SE8 posted on the Reid thread. Reds brother is a black cabbie and picked up Sheff Utds Chairman. Grilled him on Kyle Reid and was told that "he liked Reid and thought he should get a run of games at Sheff Utd. Also that he was bringing over some Aussie players and would be looking to ring Charlton about sending them out on loan". Not good news for those of us deluded enough to think we might see Reid back. As for the Aussie thing....well who knows ! Just passing on the gossip.

The Blades chairman owns Central Coast Mariners (My adopted Aussie side) They have some very technically gifted players....I asked Phil Chapple to take a look at Matt Simon last year...big striker with good feet....no idea if they had anyone take a look, but at our level, well worth a punt.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!