Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Local" Non-League.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]welling / Erith and Belevedere for me, or thamesmead town not sure if crayford has a 'league team' maybe slade green if there still going. the brother in laws brother Alan Silince has played for most of those teams over the years.

Crayford would be VCD mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Crayford would be VCD mate

had that a few times after a night in the bear nd ragged staff... he he..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Crayford would be VCD mate

had that a few times after a night in the bear nd ragged staff... he he..

No pictures please
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Beckenham Town for me...I see all their games when I am not at Charlton as I look over their ground from my house! Went round at HT about a year ago to watch them play and was told it would cost £8 to get in so have watched from my house since! Bromley is the nearest team otherwise, I have gone to a couple of games a season for years and am looking forward to the AFC Wimbledon match later this season.
  • Options
    The mighty Ebbsfleet for me. Been a few times & saw them win at Wemberlee last year.
    Gutted I missed their game on Tuesday night where they beat Wrexham to get closer to retaining the FA Trophy. Mind you, they're not doing too well in the league :-(
    I do always look out for Dartford & Welling too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite] Bromley Town is the nearest team otherwise
    Who are they?
  • Options
    Margate for me.

Family live in the area and had some involvement with the Club too.
  • Options
    My nearest is Lordswood who are about a two minute walk from me, but I only go to see them when they are playng Maidstone.

I have been to Sittingbourne a few times too see Maidstone, but not that much. I have gone to a few aways games with them too. I'd go to more when they move home.
  • Options
    Halstead Town Football Club

I took my baby daughter out for a walk a few weeks ag and watched 5 or 10 mins through a hole in the fence. Shoertly afterwards an old man came up and said to me "If you are not going to pay the admission bugger off!"

I decided not to pay the £4 and sloped off home

Cheeky old sod!
  • Options
    Needless to say, Toronto FC, which I am constantly reminded isn't of Conference standard, so I guess it counts for this thread!

That said, I tend to get credit here for supporting such an "unfashionable" English side...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Old Reigations Football Club

Only cos i train with them from time to time!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Greenwich Borough[/quote]

they still owned by Tamar Hussian the 'coughs' Hollywood action star...[/quote]

GB is within five minutes walking distance of my flat and yes they are still owned by Tamer. He even made Danny Dire the chairman for about a week last year but it didn't last long.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1918366.danny_dyer_joins_real_football_factory/
  • Options
    Tamar lives near the newshopper HQ in Petts Wood (the arsehole of Orpington according to Inspector Sands!)
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Depends how far down you want to go. There's plenty of East Sussex and Sussex league teams minutes away from me. Teams like Hastings, Lewes, Eastbourne etc a lot further up. Good to know they're doing well, but not really interested in going to see any of them play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pilchard[/cite]We have probably passed in the street Ledge! We are the Surrey exiles!!! !

LOL - I have seen a couple of motors round carshalton with charlton stickers on - is one yours.

As for the chelsea boys round that way - hundreds of them with their shirts on at 3pm on a saturday makes me laugh. Go to the social club even ore of them esp when it;s live on TV.

As for the teams Carshalton and Sutton both in play off places doing opk. Not been to a game though will do one day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Greenwich Borough

they still owned by Tamar Hussian the 'coughs' Hollywood action star...

GB is within five minutes walking distance of my flat and yes they are still owned by Tamer. He even made Danny Dire the chairman for about a week last year but it didn't last long.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1918366.danny_dyer_joins_real_football_factory/

pwoper naughty
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet as most of you know
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=22920&page=2#Item_10
  • Options
    Welling for me.

Went to see them on Tuesday night for only the second time this season. Lost 2-0 in an awful display.
  • Options
    In my youth, used to go to see the Wings in action - Still look for their results.

Locally now it's the Fleet, yes I was a glory boy and went to Wembley last year. Haven't been this season, yet.
  • Options
    Been to watch Dartford a few times this season with a friend. Other than that ,have been to some Charlton reserves games. Nothing beats the "real thing " though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dulwich Hamlet years ago, then Wycombe Wanderers which was fun in their last few years as
    a non league team, and finally before moving to Canada - Flackwell Heath were my local non
    league team who had a slope of a pitch you could ski down !!
  • Options
    Not exactly local but my brother works for a company who sponsor Eastbourne Borough so I always look for their results on a Saturday. Currently mid table in their first season in the Blue Square Premiership
  • Options
    Slade Green, Beckenham and Greenwich Borough still going in the kent league.

I am in the middle at Beckenham v Greenwich today. Becks by all accounts have had an awful season, their last game was a 7-2 home reverse against Faversham. Greenwich Borough are faring a little better currently in 9th place out of 17. Also Lordswood were mentioned I am reffing them next week at Sevenoaks.

Check it all out http://www.kentleague.com

Until recently my local non-league team was Welling and I still follow them as much as I can. Now the nearest side to me is Dartford but The Wings remain closest to my heart.
  • Options
    I'm of to see Dulwich Hamlets tomorrow - unless its wet and windy!!
  • Options
    In the UK, it would have to Bromley FC as I used to follow them so much. In Malaysia, it would have to Selangor, although they were dire on the last occasion I saw them. In Thailand, it's too silly, although I have always had a soft spot for The River Police.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Pilchard[/cite]We have probably passed in the street Ledge! We are the Surrey exiles!!! ![/quote]

LOL - I have seen a couple of motors round carshalton with charlton stickers on - is one yours.

As for the chelsea boys round that way - hundreds of them with their shirts on at 3pm on a saturday makes me laugh. Go to the social club even ore of them esp when it;s live on TV.

As for the teams Carshalton and Sutton both in play off places doing opk. Not been to a game though will do one day.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree regarding the Chelsea "fans" who troll about Sutton and Carshalton in their Chelsea finery whilst matches are in progress, these are the kind of people who look at you disdainfully or make a derisory comment for wearing anything with a hint of Charlton on it. I believe that for them Chelsea is nothing more than an extension of the shellsuit, brand name trainers and blingy label nonsense rather than a football club they have an emotional investment in, the very kind of folks who were lavishing praise on Cantona and Giggs 12 years ago whilst trying to keep up Manchester United's weekly kit changes!
    I have seen the cars you mention with stickers in the windows celebrating our fine club (sadly not mine as I don't drive!) I have also seen the occasional person braving the Chavsea hordes in their Charlton shirts but this is generally rarer than Halleys comet!! Never been to Sutton but have taken in the odd game at Tooting and one at Carshalton Athletic (against our youth team back in 2001).
  • Options
    Hamlet kick-off at 2pm Sunday ?

and Ledge, you probably saw my (white) van with the Charlton stickers out in the sticks in Surrey !!
  • Options
    I've seen it!
  • Options
    no deffo cars MOG

Where abouts are u then pilchard I am off green wrythe lane.

I keep meaning to go to a carshalton game as it is walkin distance from my house - but just never get round to it. they get decent enough crowds as well - might go to the sutton derby game
  • Options
    My old folks live near there, I live in Sutton near the football ground.