Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Pulp Fiction fans out there?

What was in the briefcase?

Comments

• Marcellus Wallace's soul.......apparantly.
  • I can't believe i've never watched that film , is it any good? or just overhyped?
  • edited June 2011
    A light

And Mendonca not overhyped. One of the greatest films ever.

And another thing, anyone seen that new lovefilm ad with the kids singing? Brilliant
  • I would like to know the brand of gourmet coffee that they're drinking in Jimmy's kitchen............
  • Mendonca In Asdas - watch the film again and again. Gets better every time.
  • Brilliant film absolute genius
  • What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
  • What country you from?
  • He's black
  • Just read this in the Wikipedia entry. Fuck me, some critics really do disappear up their own arses don't they?!

In the Brookers' analysis, "Through Vince...we see the contemporary world as utterly contingent, transformed, disastrously, in the instant you are not looking."[193] Fraiman finds it particularly significant that Vincent is reading Modesty Blaise in two of these instances. She links this fact with the traditional derisive view of women as "the archetypal consumers of pulp":Locating popular fiction in the bathroom, Tarantino reinforces its association with shit, already suggested by the dictionary meanings of "pulp" that preface the movie: moist, shapeless matter; also, lurid stories on cheap paper. What we have then is a series of damaging associations—pulp, women, shit—that taint not only male producers of mass-market fiction but also male consumers. Perched on the toilet with his book, Vincent is feminized by sitting instead of standing as well as by his trashy tastes; preoccupied by the anal, he is implicitly infantilized and homosexualized; and the seemingly inevitable result is being pulverized by Butch with a Czech M61 submachine gun. That this fate has to do with Vincent's reading habits is strongly suggested by a slow tilt from the book on the floor directly up to the corpse spilled into the tub.[194]
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2011
    He's black
    Does he look like a bitch?

What country you from?

What ain't no country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in What?
  • Does he look like a bitch?

• Why do you want to fuck him like a bitch Brad?

• Yes you did Brett, yes you did. And Marcellus Wallace doesn't like to be fucked by anyone except Mrs Wallace.
  • My favourite film ever.

Royale with cheese!
  • "Zed's dead baby , Zed's dead"

"everybody cool this is a robbery"  "any of you f***ing pricks move and I'll execute every mother****ing last one of you" 
  • "Did you notice a sign in front of my house that said "Dead ****** Storage?"
  • S**t man, you just shot Marvin in the face!
  • Today I am mostly eating a Big Kahuna Burger
  • mmmmmmmmmmmm this is a tasty burger

absolutely genius film. can remember being bored in work and downlaoding the whole script and reading it in my head in each characters voice. its a modern masterpiece.
  • Sponsored links:

• mmmmmmmmmmmm this is a tasty burger

absolutely genius film. can remember being bored in work and downlaoding the whole script and reading it in my head in each characters voice. its a modern masterpiece.
    A masterpiece indeed!
  • Tried to get an ex to watch it. She couldn't understand it as it's shown out of sync. Spent the next hour explaining it to her, and she still didn't enjoy it.
  • It is great film , but not a classic in the strictest sense and not for the fainthearted.

as for the original question................I thought it was gold (or a gold bar/ingot) because of the way it glowed when the case was opened.

• It is great film , but not a classic in the strictest sense and not for the fainthearted.

as for the original question................I thought it was gold (or a gold bar/ingot) because of the way it glowed when the case was opened.

It was drugs. Read the scripts a few years back and the directors note mentions a briefcase full of heroin.

Vincent is a junkie hence his reaction.
  • Definitely in my top 10 movies of all time.
  • Modern masterpiece. Just gets better every time you see it. The only very minor thing that wrankles with me is when Vincent is taking Mia Wallace out for their dinner date and they're still in the car and she says "Come on Vincent, don't be a..." and then draws a rectangle with her fingers! lol  

"Ketchup"

• Mr Wolf character just tops it for me for the one liners:

I'm 10 minutes away. I'll be there in 5.

Let's not start all sucking each other's d*cks just yet...

• what one is your wallet?

The one that says bad ass mother fucker

• Mr Wolf is the man!!

Incidentally, i only watched this for the first time the other week and thought it was awesome. One day i will get that Bible text that Samuel L Jackson speaks of before he shoots someone tattoo'd on me lol

• The briefcase is supposed to hold the diamonds that were stolen in reservoir dogs. Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction is the brother of Vic Vega in Reservoir Dogs, so the two "worlds" are connected. Although Tarantino has said that it was more of a McGuffin and he never really understood people's fascination with what was inside the briefcase. Definatley a modern masterpiece, inspiring Guy Ritchie, Robert Rodriguez, Kevin Smith and other notable filmmakers no end.

When I was 15 i borrowed the dvd off a friend, ripped it onto my laptop and literally watched it everyday for about a year. I think I can quote the film from start to finish.