Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton photos - will be a job in progress

edited June 2011 in Troubleshooting
I was given these ages ago and have only gotten round to start scanning. But I came across this beauty and I wanted to post.

Spot the Lifer:

Hope it works.

Comments

• Nope, it didn't...
  • Its going to be a long work in progress... tsk.

try again.
  • shit this new format.
    i've got a load of them.
  • What about setting up a Flickr account and then linking it?
  • SORT IT OUT!!!
  • Well it was a picture of Weegie and i have posted it on her FB wall.

ill have a go at this Flickr thing tomorrow then. 

Nothing to get too excited OFf it, i havent spotted your handsome face in any yet.

• I'm camera shy. I like to put an X in the box for no publicity.
  • I haven't changed a bit since it was taken - well obviously not as B recognised me!  Not aware that the other too in the photo are on CL...but I've seen both at The Valley within the past couple of years, so you never know!  Back seat of the Lewis' coach sometime around 1981 I'd guess.
  • To be fair I read your name on the back and turned to have another look so that's when I spotted you.
  • To be fair I read your name on the back and turned to have another look so that's when I spotted you.
    Don't spoil it now - I preferred my version;-)  Whose photos are they, btw?
  • Sponsored links:

• Now that is a complicated story. I'm not to sure. A friend dropped off to scan but not sure where he got them from.
  • edited June 2011
    Still trying to work out when it was - might have been on the way back from the Ipswich away game in the Cup - seem to remember we had to take flags off their sticks before they would let us take them into the ground, which could explain why we are holding it up like that. 
  • Right well ive done a few.  May be of interest to some may be not.

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j385/cafc96/?start=all
  • Good work Curb It.  I never realised attendances got as bad as they did in number 13.
  • i love looking at the old pictures, sparks of memories that i wouldnt remember without them.
  • Where was picture #8 taken?
  • Picture Nine was thats Ipswich away ?

• Where was picture #8 taken?
    Ipswich away in the cup
  • oh my god pic 9 is me dad and uncle
  • Picture 10 follows which game?
  • Sponsored links:

Judging by the amount of people on the East Terrace I don't think it can be the "last" game at The Valley. My guess would be Bolton, last game of the 82/3 season.
  • Either way, Mickey Flanagan was getting involved in the bottom left hand corner!
  • Picture 11, I'm sure I know the guy on the right under the Union flag, anyone else know him, I think his name is John?
  • I sent to Graham Tutt in the US. He reckons that pic 4 is him with Andy Nelson who is  telling him his career is over after his eye injury.

Be pleased to see some more Curb It ,thanks.

• Picture 11, I'm sure I know the guy on the right under the Union flag, anyone else know him, I think his name is John?

The bloke on the left as you look at the pic looks like Danny Green
  • Ive got a few more but they are just mainly action shots on the pitch.  Ill try to do later.  Dont ask me who's who I was just asked to scan them.
    Judging by the amount of people on the East Terrace I don't think it can be the "last" game at The Valley. My guess would be Bolton, last game of the 82/3 season.
    The old brain cells never were good but I think this is post Preston promotion celebrations 1975. I know it doesn't look like a night game from this but I am sure it is then. 

I am in there somewhere whatever match it is, all I know for sure is that I was at school and on the pitch.
    The old brain cells never were good but I think this is post Preston promotion celebrations 1975. I know it doesn't look like a night game from this but I am sure it is then. 

I am in there somewhere whatever match it is, all I know for sure is that I was at school and on the pitch.
    The Preston game was a night match
  • edited June 2011

Pic 10. Last game of the '81 season, against Gillingham.?

Played an under 16's cup final the next day against Senrab and remember the home dug out's roof being damaged.

• Check out the 1975/76 promotion souvenir handbook. You should see this image in it.