Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton photos - will be a job in progress

24

Comments

  • I've just found this packet of photos that I posted years back. They were given to me by Cockney Addick but I don't have his contact details anymore.
    there are a good few more in it. Perhaps I'll drop to the museum one day to see if you have any interest.

    @leftbehind would you like the one of your dad and uncle?

  • Yes that would be great thank you
  • Are you going to the lib on Saturday? if so I will bring then.
  • Curb_It said:

    I've just found this packet of photos that I posted years back. They were given to me by Cockney Addick but I don't have his contact details anymore.
    there are a good few more in it. Perhaps I'll drop to the museum one day to see if you have any interest.

    @leftbehind would you like the one of your dad and uncle?

    @Curb_It Would love them for the museum website and collectiion
  • Okay will organise. I'm posting Weegie hers.

    @guinnessaddick you look like the bloke in pic no. 11.

  • Imagine writing this now?! I've not posted to start a row, it just looks so odd.
  • Curb_It said:

    Imagine writing this now?! I've not posted to start a row, it just looks so odd.

    1981 - we've moved on. Great player was Phil Walker.

    PS there was a bit of row on here a few months ago when the programme reproduced an 70s/80s CAFC programme using the same term

    Anyway would love to have these photos on the museum website and any others that others have out there.

    Photos of fans, away trips, photos of games taken from the stands, etc etc. The press agency photos are out there but this stuff is unique (meaning one off) and so special (meaning of special interest).
  • Oh my, I could be in the museum. Now I feel old...
  • Bargain Hunt next...
  • edited May 2016
    Curb_It said:

    Okay will organise. I'm posting Weegie hers.

    @guinnessaddick you look like the bloke in pic no. 11.

    @Curb_It Not me.
  • Sponsored links:


  • Lol, "Work in progress" = 5 years and counting!
  • Off_it said:
    Lol, "Work in progress" = 5 years and counting!
    *EDIT* 8 years, get your finger out B!

    ; )
  • We have a museum trustee, Paul Baker, who is a Wiz with a scanner.

    Has scanned all the board minutes going back to 1921 as well as the whole Sam Bartram collection so he will get these done in no time.

    Are there are photographer credits on them?
  • Tom Morris is on some, the football ones i think.  I will drop off by next Friday.
  • DA9 said:
    Picture 11, I'm sure I know the guy on the right under the Union flag, anyone else know him, I think his name is John?
    That's Abbott. He's with Danny Green and it looks like Hammer head with them .Cant be sure
  • edited February 21
    Got this pic as my icon...
    Hey, does this mean I'll be in the museum? What about my image rights? And I'm not THAT old...
  • redbuttle said:
    DA9 said:
    Picture 11, I'm sure I know the guy on the right under the Union flag, anyone else know him, I think his name is John?
    That's Abbott. He's with Danny Green and it looks like Hammer head with them .Cant be sure
    Yep.
  • redbuttle said:
    DA9 said:
    Picture 11, I'm sure I know the guy on the right under the Union flag, anyone else know him, I think his name is John?
    That's Abbott. He's with Danny Green and it looks like Hammer head with them .Cant be sure
    Yep.
    I still see hammer head every now & then on the rockin scene 
  • edited February 21
    Abbot has new knees these days but was in good form in PBoro. Hammer(for it is he) has his own company Nordic Construction
  • Abbot has new knees these days but was in good form in PBoro. Hammer(for it is he) has his own company Nordic Construction
    I did his website 
  • Sponsored links:


  • edited February 21
    yes mate i remember .good  pics good effort.

    a real top man is Hammer donated a kidney for his partner.

    use to drive a big black Buick ---loverly motor
  • Got passed this by my mate who still sits with me at the Valley, he’s front and centre of that pic 
  • damm, pic not loaded....will try again
  • The Fashion Police!!  How very dare they!
  • I'm sticking up for you mate. 

    Mind you look at the length of some of those collars. 

  • what a day that was lol
  • stonemuse said:

    what a day that was lol
    I'm in this photo and can name about 7 or 8 others.
    Great day out.
  • Steady B

    Is that you in the photo?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!