Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tottenham travel

Whats the craic with the weekend travel to Tottenham? Coming from Charlton, I was hoping to take advantage of travel from Stratford to Northumberland Park.
It would appear (from National Rail) that this journey is unavailable.
So fellow spotters, what next?

Comments

• Seems Northumberland Park is shut on Sunday ...
  • I looked into going that way, no service this sunday by the looks of it, train to London Bridge, 15 min walk to Liv Street, pub and train to White Hart Lane is the way
  • 12.30 is the last train from LS that will get you to WHL in reasonable time for kick off

Get the 13.00 and you'll almost certainly miss the first few minutes (perhaps goals) LOL
  • think i will park at the car park at tower of london (lower thames street) walk or bus to liverpool street and catch the train to the match, and if we win i will leave the car and go on the pizz, he he
  • I'm going n greenwich to stratford then from stratford to liverpool st then liverpool st to white hart station
  • Jews-prepare-for-Sukkot.jpg

how they avoid the congestion fee.
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2011
    My son is going, train to Charing Cross, 2 minute trot down to Embankment tube, then circle line to Liverpool Street, 20 minutes from there to WHL.

Other options, DLR from Woolwich Arsenal/Greenwich/Lewisham to Tower Gateway, quick hop to Tower Hill tube then circle line to Liverpool Street.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I looked into going that way, no service this sunday by the looks of it, train to London Bridge, 15 min walk to Liv Street, pub and train to White Hart Lane is the way
    That's me as well I think. Unless Mr Sin is paying the cab from Stratford?
  • That made me laugh Adam!
  • Is the tube option- maybe Vic Line to Seven Sisters also a good route or do people think the Train from Liv St to WHL is better?
  • Sponsored links:

• Im going to london bridge then to kings cross via underground then to finsbury park by train then to seven sisters via underground.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]Im going to london bridge then to kings cross via underground then to finsbury park by train then to seven sisters via underground.[/quote]Maniac!
  • [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]Im going to london bridge then to kings cross via underground then to finsbury park by train then to seven sisters via underground.

why ?
  • we like trains mate.
  • High speed from Gravesend to St. Pancras, then straight tube to Seven Sisters. Easy journey and not really fussed about the walk.
  • LOL at Jimbos route.

Trainspotters heaven but about an hour longer than walking to Liv St from London Bridge.
  • how is it transpotters hevean when the majority of the journey is by tube? you don't see people spotting tubes now do you?
  • liverpool street really is the easiest route.....especially if you're one of the essex addicks
  • Going up on the high speed from ashford then straight to seven sisters
    is it far from seven sisters or would it be worth it to get the 4 min train to WHL?
  • It's a long, horrible, but straight walk from Seven Sisters - plenty of buses go that way though. Worth getting the train if one's due (and you can get on it) but otherwise not worth waiting.
  • Sponsored links:

• ok cheers , i'll probably get the train as theres one a couple of minutes after i get in and its not to expensive
  • Seven Sisters is 1.5 miles from the ground.

Liverpool St to White Hart Lane overground is the way to go for most. 5 min walk to the ground.
  • Robbo on the Wing - I'm off the booze so will be getting a lift :((
  • edited January 2011
    Official Travel update from Spurs re Northumberland Park

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/travel/news/travel-update-charlton-060111.html
  • gonna go by car - any tips on where to park? (other than don't bother, traffics murder). Gonna get there early and possibly leave a bit late so could avoid some of the congestion as in hospitality.
  • edited January 2011
    DLR Woolwich to Bank- Bank Northern line Liverpool st. -BEERS!- Game - sorted
  • my son has a game sunday morning and we wont get to London Bridge until 11.50am. Any tips on getting to Seven Sisters or Liverpool Street from London Bridge via underground.If it's not possible to make the 12.30 Liverpool street train may as well go straight to Seven Sisters
  • edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]my son has a game sunday morning and we wont get to London Bridge until 11.50am. Any tips on getting to Seven Sisters or Liverpool Street from London Bridge via underground.If it's not possible to make the 12.30 Liverpool street train may as well go straight to Seven Sisters

Jump on a bus from London Bridge mate, or get a cab or even walk really fast. you can do it in 20 mins.

I meant to liverpool st for 12.30
  • "my son has a game sunday morning and we wont get to London Bridge until 11.50am. Any tips on getting to Seven Sisters or Liverpool Street from London Bridge via underground.If it's not possible to make the 12.30 Liverpool street train may as well go straight to Seven Sisters "

Northern Line to bank, central line from bank to Liv Street. Takes about 10 mins, used to do it all the time when I worked in Holborn.
  • 12.52 looks like the last train that will get you there on time fellow spotters.