Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support Charlton Upbeats - **£3,355 raised ahead of draw. Fantastic!!!**

BACKGROUND

Last year Charlton supporters flooded the phone lines to help the Community Trust’s CHARLTON UPBEATS initiative win a national competition to receive funding.

CHARLTON UPBEATS is a weekly multi-activity programme organised by the Trust, which helps provide activities for local children with Down’s Syndrome. More than 100 youngsters have participated and benefited in the last year.

A year on, it is unlikely this fantastic scheme can continue too far into the future unless additional funding can be raised.

More information on Charlton Upbeats can be found here: http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36333&newstype=c

HOW CAN WE RAISE FUNDING?

CHARLTON LIFE are today launching a unique on-line raffle to assist the Trust in trying to raise the funds to cover the program.

Supporters are asked to make a donation via the JustGiving page listed below, and the donation can be for as much or as little as you wish.

If however you donate a minimum £25, your name will be entered into a raffle to win one of our fantastic prizes below. For every £25 increment, you will be entered again into the raffle ie. donate £25 = name entered once, donate £100 = name entered four times. If you can only afford to donate £10, then thank you very much for your donation but you will not be submitted for the raffle.

WHAT PRIZES CAN BE WON?

Thanks to the generosity and assistance of the club, directors and Charlton Life members, we have the following prize list on offer:

- FIVE pairs of tickets to the Charlton Upbeats fundraising dinner at The Valley on Thursday, October 14th, Worth £120 a pair

- A Centre Circle suite matchday package for two at a home game of your choice this season (Champagne on arrival, four course silver service meal, A glass of wine with the meal, Top class seating adjacent to the directors box, Half time pastries & post match finger buffet, Waitress service tab bar facility, Hosted by former CAFC players, Man of the match presentation) Worth £230 a pair

- A pair of tickets to be pre-match guests of the Directors in the Boardroom, and watch the match from the Directors Box at a game of your choice this season

- Painting of the 1st game back at The Valley

- Nicky Bailey home shirt (09/10 season) signed by the whole squad

- Framed signed England shirt from the Kevin Keegan era

- 2001 England Shirt - signed by 16 of the squad including Sir Chris Powell

- Signed pair of Darren Randolph gloves

- Charlton ball signed by a former squad including signatures from Steve Brown, Dean Kiely and Mark Kinsella

- Two mounted A4 photos of your choice from the acclaimed photographer Gregory Warren's collection http://talkinginwhispers.zenfolio.com/portfolio

- Che Hales Flag, signed by Derek Hales

- And finally, Parky the three-foot Pink Cuddly Bear !

Let’s reignite that Charlton spirit and help support a really good cause, and in the midst of it all give yourself a chance of winning a fantastic prize.

HOW DO I ENTER ?

The competition is open to EVERYONE, not just Charlton supporters or members of Charlton Life.

Simply make a donation by debit card / credit card via the JustGiving page below:

http://www.justgiving.com/charltonupbeats

The raffle competition will close at midday October 8th.

Buy your ticket now and help maintain this worthwhile scheme!

The raffle will be independently drawn at 1pm October 8th.
Results will be posted on the Charlton Life Forum at 3pm October 8th, and on the JustGiving page.
Winners will be contacted by the email address they forwarded when making their donation.

If you win tickets to the dinner but are unable to attend, it is your individual choice whether you nominate other friends or family to attend. Equally you could inform us and we will redraw from the remaining entrants on your behalf.

The Centre Circle and Boardroom packages are subject to availability and exclude Boxing Day.

If you have any additional questions or queries, please whisper via the Charlton Life Forum AFKABartram or WSS, or email afka@charltonlife.com

For more information about the Charlton Upbeats scheme or to book tickets for the fundraising dinner please contact Carl Krauhaus 0871 781 2095 or carl.krauhaus@cact.org.uk.

Comments

• Few changes mate - let me know - JustGiving Page is updated as well.
  • OTHER ADMIN

Reading the above is there anything obvious you can see that we haven't covered ??
  • edited September 2010
    great job. i can't see anything wrong with that.

are you going to blog it as well?

maybe add a link explaining the charlton upbeats further, for those who haven't got a clue and possibly lose the 'let's try' and just say - 'let's reignite'

but i think it looks very good.
  • Yes, will do. It. Will also be in tuesdays match programme, and I'll. Whore it. Round the websites and local press

Glenn, just thought of 1 more thing. Include. At. Very bottom contact email. For. More. Info about. The. Scheme. And also if people want. Tickets for. The. Dinner

Sorry. Phone. Is. Knackered
  • WSSWSS
    edited September 2010
    Lol!!! All done.
  • Glenn, is it possible to edit the JG page so the title is something like 'Charlton Life Fundraising Appeal for Charlton Upbeats scheme.'

I say that because i think the Trust is going to launch a similar 'official' JG page at some point, so i think its best to clarity that this is seperate.
  • Looks good to me. Great write up wss, thanks.
  • Combination of me and Danny really!
  • right Glenn, LETS GO !

do you want to copy and paste and start a new thread

fingers crossed we get a good response
  • Sponsored links:

• Erm - no because I linked from JustGiving page direct to this thread.

Will delete our posts and then change the category...
  • Really hope everyone gets behind this, its a great cause.

If you can, please email or Fbook a link to this page to anyone you feel may be interested in supporting this.
  • Some great prizes and a great cause.

Just say the Che Hales is framed replica and one of only 6 ever produced. Killer, the Club have one each.
  • Some great prizes and a great cause.

Just say the Che Hales is framed replica and one of only 6 ever produced. Killer, the Club have one each.
  • Good man oohaah even tho you are a repetitive premiership/ away fan obbsessed irritant... you always put your money where you're mouth is.

Come on charlton.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Good man oohaah even tho you are a repetitive premiership/ away fan obbsessed irritant... you always put your money where you're mouth is.

Come on charlton.

Explain please (the money where you're mouth is part, I understand the other bit)
  • Have i said the wrong thing then? he's donated 100 quid and aid he will double it if we get 6 points from the next two games.
  • ha ha thankyou curbitshley
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Have i said the wrong thing then? he's donated 100 quid and aid he will double it if we get 6 points from the next two games.

Not at all, I just hadn't looked at the JustGiving site. yes, very generous oah Aah
  • For the record the bears nearly 4 foot!
    The winner can collect him from me any match day outside The Covered End entrance : )
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrs Rothko to be will be delighted that at least one of the Che prints will leave the house!
  • Rothko, how big is the Che print?
  • 13% of the way there! This has to be one of the most worthwhile causes going and it won't need that many moths to be let out of their wallets to make the target. Brilliant, we can do it!!!!!
  • dave storry emotionally blackmailing me into turning up for the torture......as long as the blackwall tunnel is kind to me i'll be there!
  • Ali, its about 4 ft by 4 ft
  • Ali, its about 4 ft by 4 ft
  • Nearly at £1,000 after 4 days, great effort.
  • The link has had plenty of retweeting around Twitter cyberspace over the last few days so hopefully should see more money coming in. A fifth of the way there so far. Well done all.
  • It's on 606 too.

Nick Gray's reply is a disgrace. Pure and utter scum.
  • JTJT
    edited September 2010
    It's on 606 too.