Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kelly Youga

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
How much longer is Youga out for? How much are we missing him?

Comments

• Someone posted recently that he was at least 4 weeks away from recovery and more worryingly that the problem has never been properly diagnosed so the traetment has been general rest rather than anything more specific. We've never looked half the side without him so fingers crossed he's back up to speed asap.
  • We must have about 5 separate threads asking when Yougs is coming back.

Perhaps we can have a sticky with a countdown - you know, something like:
    3 weeks 5 days,
    3 weeks 0 days,
    2 weeks 2 days ....STOP PRESS, Kelly Youga has returned to light training.

1 week 3 days, Youga takes part in 5-a-side training;
    0 weeks 4 days, Youga fit and raring to go - in the squad for Saturday.

0 weeks 2 days, Youga has setback. Out for 4 weeks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We must have about 5 separate threads asking when Yougs is coming back.

Perhaps we can have a sticky with a countdown - you know, something like:
    3 weeks 5 days,
    3 weeks 0 days,
    2 weeks 2 days ....STOP PRESS, Kelly Youga has returned to light training.

1 week 3 days, Youga takes part in 5-a-side training;
    0 weeks 4 days, Youga fit and raring to go - in the squad for Saturday.

0 weeks 2 days, Youga has setback. Out for 4 weeks.

LOL - I'm sorry Oggy I only generally read the Countdown Bird one and the WouldYas :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]
    LOL - I'm sorry Oggy I only generally read the Countdown Bird one and the WouldYas :-)

LMAO, Oakster ...... never miss a Would Ya!

;o)
  • Youga finally mentioned by the club... on Twitter
    Kelly Youga owes me one cup of tea. He assured me that Germany would win the World Cup, I disagreed! (GH)
  • Has he disappeared or just gone off the boil?
  • Would genuinely be nice to know what stage he's at. For all the stick he took early on we missed him hugely when he got injured last season, not least going forward. He also regularly got his head to set pieces we were defending. That said, finances might dictate another departure. Just be good to know if he doesn't appear in the friendlies whether it's down to fitness or being outside the plans for 2010-11.
  • WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM BACK!!

He made the difference last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• We did suffer some injuries to key players last season, especially in defence.

And Kelly Youga missing for so long was a big loss. Real shame.
    Amongst other reasons, a fit Youga may have contributed to the club actually winning promotion.
  • The club twitter account still ignoring my question as to when they last saw him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]The club twitter account still ignoring my question as to when they last saw him.

so long ago they have forgotten what he looks like ;-)
  • I think he is probably the best left back in the league.

Massively improved from when he first came into the team. Okay defender (for this level) and quality going forward.

I'd be gutted to see him leave.
  • He was by far the best left back in the league. My player of the season before he got injuryed
  • Do like Youga. But also thought Borrowdale was immense in the last 10 games.
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Do like Youga. But also thought Borrowdale was immense in the last 10 games.
    I think 'immense' is ever so slightly overstating it. He was OK.
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Do like Youga. But also thought Borrowdale was immense in the last 10 games.

Do me a favour, he was ok. That's all.

In fact Swindon A, one of the goals were down to his not even jumpimg for the cross !
  • True, one was his fault actually. But Borrowdale is the superior player imo. And his crossing was good too.
  • Younga is far better than borrowdale. That run at the start ended after youga got injuryed. Solid player with a bit of quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Youga was excellent last season, even when he played the odd game at right back (Yeovil away...). At 3rd Div level he's a real athlete, who attacks the ball and he can play too. Losing him was a big blow and meant we had to try all sorts of different options (Basey, Jackson, Solly and Borrowdale). I quite like the thought of Youga at LB and Jackson LM...I can see some good combination play coming from them...but if Youga goes or doesn't recover, I don't fancy Jackson long term at LB (good player on the ball but can't see him standing up to too much pressure away from home).
  • Youga was fast but this meant he always thought he could give his opposition player more room and make it up.

This meant risky tackles and being beaten sometimes.

Good player but out for a long time and fitness will be a problem.
  • Youga last season prior to his injury was first class, coming after the season before that's piss poor performces.The change was startling!!!
  • Are we talking about the same player here ??

The Kelly Youga I remember was a bit of a clown, fast yes, but a fast clown nonetheless !

He often skied his clearances straight up in the air and his tackling on many occaisions could be said to be "late"

IMHO Jackson is by far a better left back and defender - going forward he may nor be as fast..............but a defenders first duty is to defend.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]IMHO Jackson is by far a better left back and defender - going forward he may nor be as fast..............but a defenders first duty is to defend.

I'm pretty sure I read on the OS that Jackson hasn't come here to play as a defender, except in an absolute emergency.

He'll line up in midfield.
  • Anyway, any sign of Youga Bear....?

Or has he been posted on the Missing Persons list?
  • Things looking increasingly worrying for Youga and whether he will ever play for us again, but i might be jumping to conclusions here. Could he be the new Cory Gibbs?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Things looking increasingly worrying for Youga and whether he will ever play for us again, but i might be jumping to conclusions here. Could he be the new Cory Gibbs?[/quote]

Be nice if the club could give us an update on him
  • Kap10 - Think everyone agrees mate, next thing we will probably here is Youga having to hang up his boots after carrer ending injury or something . Really hope not. I might have to talk to the media workers at the ground, done it before, see if they can update us, by now though Parky should have said something in his interviews or whatever.
  • Sage he played at least 30 games for cafc and Gibbs played how many?