Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kelly Youga

Comments

• No im not saying about that, im saying could Youga be the new Gibbs as in we may never see him in a Charlton shirt again. Not on about number of appearances Youga has had.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Could he be the new Cory Gibbs?

Cory Gibbs has been playing quite well for the New England Revolution in MLS.
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sage[/cite]Could he be the new Cory Gibbs?

Cory Gibbs has been playing quite well for the New England Revolution in MLS.

Maybe Youga is out there with him ....?
  • Lol, maybe he is and i know Gibbs has been playing for New England Revolution in the MLS read it on her before. I was just saying it might come down to Youga never playing for us again as it has been so long.
  • It seemed such an innocuous injury at the time,initially looked like he was pretending
  • I remember Parky commenting to the effect that Youga was seen as ready to play by our medics but that his French medic had a different opinion and Youga went with his opinion. Didn't sound like someone who was keen to play for us and he was back in France ages ago.
  • I think it's about time we had some feedback from the club what's happening with him, whether he's due to come back from injury or whether he's looking for a new club (although still under contract).
  • Was told by a bloke at the game yesterday that Youga is back in light training.
  • YES Younga is the best left back we have by far. Him and jackson could be lethal.
  • [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]YES Younga is the best left back we have by far. Him and jackson could be lethal.

So is anthrax ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CrayAddick[/cite]YES Younga is the best left back we have by far. Him and jackson could be lethal.

Youga is Younga than Jackson. FACT!
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/yourviewsview.ink?messageid=78748&display=1&st=0

Official confirmation, sort of. The editor of Your Views on the OS
    Maybe the Ed could shed some light on this subject? Has his contract expired or has he left? No mention of him at all recently!

Ed - he's still here. Stepping up his fitness work after knee injury.
  • We need to be careful with Youga - everyone sees him as the second coming of Roberto Carlos.

He had a good start to the season as a flying wingback but has been injured for a very long time indeed so will take a long time to get back to fitness.

We must also remember that there was a horrendous player in Youga just the season previous so it could easily rear its ugly head again - that's if we ever see him again
  • From Kins in the newshopper

full report here http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/8270118.Kinsella_confiednt_on_Charlton_recruitment_drive/

"There was also some positive news on Kelly Youga after last season’s injury nightmare.

Kinsella said: “Kelly Youga is not fit yet and is still coming back from injury. He is training on his own with the physio so hopefully in the near future we will see Kelly back. I hope he will be back for the start of the season.

“He hasn’t been in with the lads but has been doing his own individual stuff at the moment but hopefully within the next few days or maybe a week or two he will be back.

“Kelly has been making steady progress but we will just have to wait and see.”
  • Perhaps Kelly should have stayed in England last season and worked with our physio then instead of swanning off.
  • I'm still not convinced he will be here come the start of theseason or when he is fit
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Perhaps Kelly should have stayed in England last season and worked with our physio then instead of swanning off.

Did he not have the clubs approval to swan off then?
  • Youga & Jackson down the left would be ideal.
  • I dont wanna write the lad off but i cant see him being the player he was (a very decent left back).

Quick acceleration and tough tackling are attributes that tend to decrease after a long lay-off with injury and are difficult to get back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Perhaps Kelly should have stayed in England last season and worked with our physio then instead of swanning off.

Did he not have the clubs approval to swan off then?

I hear he was told different things by different doctors (ours and a french one)

He opted to follow the guidance of the French one as it suited him better but I believe he now is under the guidance of the english fella
  • Sponsored links:

• Don`t like the sound of Kins saying we`ll have to wait and see. Sounds like maybe they are hopeful but not building him into their plans. Would like to see Kelly back and playing. Liked his swashbuckling style last season until his injury.
  • would explain the hesitation on re-signing basey.

KY could be a big player for us but Id guess hes on big wages and could attract a big fee.
  • Agree Henry but would he command a fee having not played for such a long time and with a possible question mark over his ever getting back to full fitness. /
  • His injury may well have put some clubs off, who knows.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would explain the hesitation on re-signing basey.

KY could be a big player for us but Id guess hes on big wages and could attract a big fee.

Why the hesitation ? Don't know the reasons why of course but I'm bloody pissed off with the seeming inability to make an offer to one of our best youngsters. He has an excellant left peg and can put in a decent cross, takes a good free-kick and despite what some will have you believe isn't slow. He can play left back, centre half and, if anyone on the coaching staff actually had the ability to spot it, would make an excellant central midfielder. He reminds me of Barry in that respect. The contract they gave McCormack should have been given to Grant if they are in short supply. Will be our own bloody fault if he pees off to somewhere like Brighton and we get diddly-squat in compensation. FFS give him a bloody contract.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]would explain the hesitation on re-signing basey.

Why the hesitation ? Don't know the reasons why of course but I'm bloody pissed off with the seeming inability to make an offer to one of our best youngsters. He has an excellant left peg and can put in a decent cross, takes a good free-kick and despite what some will have you believe isn't slow. He can play left back, centre half and, if anyone on the coaching staff actually had the ability to spot it, would make an excellant central midfielder. He reminds me of Barry in that respect. The contract they gave McCormack should have been given to Grant if they are in short supply. Will be our own bloody fault if he pees off to somewhere like Brighton and we get diddly-squat in compensation. FFS give him a bloody contract.

Tend to agree we should deffo offer GB a contract.
  • Anyone know when Kelly will be back? he`s been out for ages now..
  • [cite]Posted By: whaleybros[/cite]Anyone know when Kelly will be back? he`s been out for ages now..
    Should be back at Sparrows Lane next week according to PP.
  • Apparently they seem to think the injury is in his head now, has been fit for ages keeps then claiming he has felt something & cannot train. Don't expect to see him in the Charlton First team for a while again if ever.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Apparently they seem to think the injury is in his head now, has been fit for ages keeps then claiming he has felt something & cannot train. Don't expect to see him in the Charlton First team for a while again if ever.
    I suppose he probably is worried that he will be out even longer we really need to get him to a sports psychiatrist if this is the case.