Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson and Reid

edited July 2010 in Rumours
i have heard that kyel reid and johnny jackson will be joining us this week is there any truth in this ?
If they do come it would be two fantastic additions to the squad in my eyes

Comments

• They would be great signings. Jackson is a very versatile player, who could play in the middle of the park, assuming we have youga and basey as the first choice left-backs.
  • Yeah also reid is very talented i think with great pace and runs at players very well but im not sure how much truth are in these rumours
  • the way things are at the moment, iff they sign I will open a bottle of champagne(maybe a beer im skint at the mo).. but I will defo celebrate!!!!!!
  • so would i we are in desparate need of players and there is no information on the actual site about anything so we are all unclear what is going on
  • Was mentioned in the rumours thread. Will be very happy with them, as they looked like they might be a bit too expensive for us.
  • More chance of Glenda Jackson and John Reid the Labour politician I reckon.

We are skint. Sacking Gritty has brought that home LOUD AND CLEAR.
  • I am trying to be positive and believe that we will sign them both and have a decent season. You know it might just happen.
  • I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief if this is anywhere near an example of how far our Board are willing to back Parky this camaign. If we got both to compliment Semedo, Racon and Waggy in midfield, plus youngster back up, it'd be more than I was expecting.
  • it would be better than i expected to Len...

I hope Parky can sell.. can sell the club in the same way curbs could sell the club to di canio and get people cheaply......

if we had jackson and reid and kept waggy , semedo, racon, dailly, richardson, basey, solly, lera.... all we are missing is a striker.......

Id be well chufffed with that...

Cant see it happening at all to be honest..
  • I heard Paddy Powell mention last week that the club were buying Spear & Jackson and he would have them delivered to the Ground on Monday. I'm guessing that Jackson would be Johnny then, but anyone have an idea who Spear could be ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]I heard Paddy Powell mention last week that the club were buying Spear & Jackson and he would have them delivered to the Ground on Monday. I'm guessing that Jackson would be Johnny then, but anyone have an idea who Spear could be ?
    Do you mean Jay Spearing the Liverpool player? There's a goalkeeper in his 30s called Jamie/James Speare, but looks like he's been without a club for a while (found him on Soccerbase.com)

If not I can't find a footballer with the surname Spear, apart Aaron Spear, a 17 year old Newcastle striker.
  • Accrington's keeper?
  • I very much doubt we'll get Jay Spearing and think Paddy was more than likely trying to buy some new tools! :0)
  • Signing these 2 would be some bit of business by us considering our financial state!
  • Signing these 2 would be some bit of business by us considering our financial state!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Signing these 2 would be some bit of business by us considering our financial state!

Think it could be this http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-7445.aspx
  • James Speare hardly looks like a player who would challenge Robbie for the glooves.

I suspect this is what Parky meant about the budget.Fleetwood's departure ( especially if we got a fee for him ) should mean we could attract the likes of Jackson and Reid as well as others like Chilvers or Doherty.

If these moves come off we may have a better more balanced squad next year though a worse team.

Last year I felt our starting eleven was the best in League One but unbalanced with four excellant CM's being shoehorned in early season and once injuries came we fell away.

I've been a fan of Jacko since his Tottenham days and feel we should have gone for him when Andy Reid went.

As a natural leftie offers something different at cm and Kyle Reid would offer us the outlet and quality that Sam used to but on the left . Charlton's left sided problem would be solved .Having lost Bailey,Shelvey Spring and probably Sam surely wages are freed up for this position .
  • I hope you're right Richard but don't forget that we have to make big savings this year too, and I think whatever we save on those who have left, we'll only see half of that spent on the new guys salaries.
  • [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]I heard Paddy Powell mention last week that the club were buying Spear & Jackson and he would have them delivered to the Ground on Monday. I'm guessing that Jackson would be Johnny then, but anyone have an idea who Spear could be ?

you've taken quite a few with that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Now that would be good!
  • that would be the best news i have heard so far this year
  • any news on other players we have been linked with ?
  • I highly doubt it but would be very pleased with Jackson and Reid. Would probably mean we will not need another Left Back even if Youga goes as Basey will be 1st choice as Jackson as emergency cover.

Jackson in the centre of midfield alongside Semedo could be a very exciting partnership aswell and would hopefully mean like last season we have 2-3 of the best midfielders in the division.
  • To be honest, I'd be pleased with this; these two impressed me last season in a playoff-achieving team. Jackson would fit the bill in midfield and while these guys maybe don't have as much of a reputation as those who are going, they'd work. Also this league is definitely weaker than last season: I think that the three relegated teams aren't as good as Leeds, Norwich and (I know) Millwall. I'm not too unhappy if this is anywhere near the truth.
  • can't see it happening, but would be extremely pleased to be proved wrong!
  • I agree the league is weaker and I also think our run-in looks fairly straightforward.

We need to make sure we are in the mix around march and anythings possible

Jacko and Reid would be fantastic signings in this league and I really hope they join
  • I know its not true until its on the OS but County fans saying we've signed Jackson. Ray Trew is their chairman.
    Really really hope this is true.

Jackson on his way???
  • I hope it's trew too .

Where are you, Matt ? Thought you were the new 24/7....
  • I wasn't convinced that McCormack meant a centre mid was off but if we got Jackson, it must be the case surely.

Not too bothered by that as I'd rather Jackson than Racon anyway.