Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky waits for green light to sign targets

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8238107.Parky_waits_for_green_light_to_sign_targets/

Comments

• No doubt half of the targets will sign elswhere, as i cant see anyone in there right mind sitting around waiting for us and who would blame them
  • I do find it incredible that budgets for next season are not already in place. If staff and players have been cut, surely we must be able to set budgets for Parky to work with. Very strange.
  • ha ha

Maybe Parky is waiting to see what the new owners are willing to give him to spend when they takeover ;-)
  • he's probably waiting to see if the takeover happens..

;)
  • I doubt they are not in place more that we have to wait for the Bailey, and any other, sales before the money can be spent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I doubt they are not in place more that we have to wait for the Bailey, and any other, sales before the money can be spent.
    That, probably. Big difference in getting say £1.2m for Bailey or £1.5m.
  • Still don't know the budget, so we'll most likely miss out on players as we did last season...
  • how many players are we going to miss out on while we wait?
  • edited June 2010
    Parky should get on his bike, then he wouldn't need to wait for any green lights (allegedly)
  • I do think it's strange, surely we should've had 2 budgets planned depending on the result of the play off's?
  • Sponsored links:

• we did but as said I suspect we are waiting to find out how much dosh we bring in before we start spending it.
  • To be fair some of the cost cutting has already happened with Moo2 and Waggot. I suspect Jonjo had a healthy contract and with Bailey , Burton and Sam all possibly leaving then surely there must be some leeway on salaries . I guess its a question of how much.

After Southampton and maybe Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday I would say we are still a more attractive prospect for a player than the likes of Leyton Orient so we should still sign good players at this level.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]To be fair some of the cost cutting has already happened with Moo2 and Waggot. I suspect Jonjo had a healthy contract and with Bailey , Burton and Sam all possibly leaving then surely there must be some leeway on salaries . I guess its a question of how much.

After Southampton and maybe Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday I would say we are still a more attractive prospect for a player than the likes of Leyton Orient so we should still sign good players at this level.

I think it goes a little deeper than that Richard, the fact that we are more attractive than some of the smaller teams in the division does not mean we have money to spend on players.

My take on the reason staff are being laid off, players sold and contracts not being renewed is to balance the books and ensure we have enough in the kitty to run the club on a day to day basis, not so we can re-spend it on players.

Don't be surprised if any new faces that come in are once again on loan or for a much smaller fee than we sell anybody for.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite][Don't be surprised if any new faces that come in are once again on loan or for a much smaller fee than we sell anybody for.[/quote]

I think we all accept that that is pretty cast iron.
  • We are bottom of the money chain im afraid. We need the Bailey deal to go through, Burton & Sam to stay or go and then the club will give Parky their figures and what we have in the wage kitty. What a sad state of affairs....seems like only yesterday we had £12m to spunk.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]No doubt half of the targets will sign elswhere, as i cant see anyone in there right mind sitting around waiting for us and who would blame them

Yeah - who would want to come to one of the biggest clubs in this league - play in front of 15,000 - 20,000 every week and have a real chance of promotion. They'd much rather go to Rochdale wouldn't they.

Jesus - some people on here need some happy pills. We are in League 1 and we need to adapt to the situation accordingly - YEs we have to lower our expecttions in regards the talent we get in but we are still an attractive proposition at this level
  • you guys are missing the best part of that article

hint scroll down centre,

hint 2 she's from chilsehurst
  • Anna, who has a 32G bust and is a size 12, said: “I was really flattered but of course a little disappointed.

“But I still officially have the best boobs in England.”
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Anna, who has a 32G bust and is a size 12, said: “I was really flattered but of course a little disappointed.

cant believe no1 else noticed!!
  • Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't the board go on record towards the end of last season saying that they already had two budgets worked out?. Why are we again hearing that the budget hasn't been finalised?.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon it's more to do with if Bailey goes a) how much b) how much up front and then how much does Parky get of it. Plus probably waiting for decisions from Sam, Sodje, Dailly, Burton etc which will affect the rest of the budge
  • The unknown Bailey factor is key here - we don't know aht offers have been made so until it is settled it is hard to Parky a green light. If he goes we should have a little more flexibity than if he stays. The other clue why we havent seen much action yet is on the website. Most contracts run to 30 June. Most of signings will be Bosmans.
    The thing that worries me a more is that we have heard no news on the likes of Dailly and others out of contract who we want to keep
  • Nice t*ts!
  • Yep......Fuck Charlton, Nice cones !
  • By John Stanton
    NICKY Bailey’s Charlton career is effectively over after the player agreed terms with Middlesbrough.
    The Addicks skipper has his heart set on a move to the Riverside and a £1.4million deal will be completed at the start of next week.
    The former Southend midfielder has spoken to Boro boss Gordon Strachan and is understood to be keen on the challenge of playing for a club who will be among the favourites to win next season’s Championship.
    For the full story and all the latest Charlton news, see Friday's South London Press
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Nice t*ts![/quote]

Seconded, jeez you don't get many of them to the pound.
  • shes on facebook as a charlton fan too
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]shes on facebook as a charlton fan too

So's MoG.

;o)
  • C'mon AFKA a charlton Life invitation should be going out to her pronto.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Anna, who has a 32G bust and is a size 12, said: “I was really flattered but of course a little disappointed.

If she came 2nd in that bra competition then what must "Laura Ann Smith from Bonnybridge in Scotland" look like?!!