Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnnie Jackson - Signed on a 1-month loan

Comments

• Options
    If Parky can get him playing to his Col U form he'll be a good signing.

If.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]If Parky can get him playing to his Col U form he'll be a good signing.

If.

if parky can get us to play to colchester united 's from we might be 3rd ;-)
  • Options
    central midfielder?? Who will he replace?
  • Options
    Left back/midfielder. Hopefully get Bailey back in the centre.
  • Options
    I think he's been covering left back lately.
  • Options
    very good signing
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]very good signing

Hope so but not sure where he fits in with Reid and all the other midfielders.

Certainly was a decent player for Spurs and Col U.

Will withhold judgement on this one especially as only for a month.

Plus it's not on our OS yet so I'll believe it then..... : - )
  • Options
    He scored against us a few years back when we lost 4-2.
  • Options
    If he plays left back then we will have a very attacking left side with Reid in front. Like Henry i'll hold judgement until i see him play but a little concerned that we need a more defensive minded full-back with the way we are playing at the moment.
  • Options
    I've been a long term fan since his Spurs days. I have said on this forum before that he would be a great signing and was disappointed when he went to Notts earlier in the season

Exactly the sort of player we need, left sided and vesatile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2010
    Good Signing, dunno how he will fit though tbh

As Henry said good for tottenham & colchester, but see how it goes..... could of done with a goalscorer forward or an actual left back more though
  • Options
    4 loan signings in the team now :-O
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If he plays left back then we will have a very attacking left side with Reid in front. Like Henry i'll hold judgement until i see him play but a little concerned that we need a more defensive minded full-back with the way we are playing at the moment.

A team thinking of promotion needs to be on the front foot most of the time. Good signing imho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]4 loan signings in the team now :-O

yep and he'll go straight in too more than likely
  • Options
    Pard sorry parky dipping into the loan market... there's a shock, fully expected a loan to come in at left back but jackson was always a left winger or inside left midfielder, unless u has become a top class left back in the last 12 months then struggle to see the point what with reid here till may, maybe there's just not the talent out there, ironic bristol rovers took fox from wolves on loan the day before they played as us I'm sure big mick would have done is a favour after ikeme.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]4 loan signings in the team now :-O

yep and he'll go straight in too more than likely

And so he should if he's better than Solly
  • Options
    I recall pards attitude on this, and there are worrying similarities, however Pards did more as a matter of course rather than a necessity i.e. Injuries.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Looked a good player at Spurs so should be great at this level, we did look unbalanced on Monday night especially before Reid came on so another lefty is welcome
  • Options
    I like the way it seems he wants to try for a permanent deal as well, hopefully it will mean a big effort from him.
  • Options
    I was all over this some time ago!!null

my opinion hasn't changed - good player with a tasty left foot

And Notts County need the money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]If he plays left back then we will have a very attacking left side with Reid in front. Like Henry i'll hold judgement until i see him play but a little concerned that we need a more defensive minded full-back with the way we are playing at the moment.

A team thinking of promotion needs to be on the front foot most of the time. Good signing imho.

Agree in that sense but at the moment everytime the opposition breaks forward they look like scoring....
  • Options
    With Youga and Basey both out, we need another left footer in the matchday squad.
    Can he take a corner or Bailey's free kicks?

He's desperate to return to London, wifey preggers and all that - so months loan with view to permanent transfer.
  • Options
    Two years ago at about this time of the season we everything was starting to fade away, we took Scott Sinclair and Lee Cook on loan at the same time and ended up playing Jerome Thomas there.

Fast forward two years and now we have Jonnie Jackson and Kyel Reid, and i wouldn't rule out Nicky Bailey playing there !

I like Jackson, i think he will be a good fit for our club and i presume the deal is going to be 'come and cover at left back for a few weeks, if it works out we'll take you on long-term with the left mid slot in mind'.
  • Options
    Sticky? seriously does that mean its sealed?
  • Options
    From the quotes in the article it looks that way but Pardew might have read it so maybe not just yet
  • Options
    Cover left back ...... what ever happened to that McEverley felllow we borrowed from Derby or someone last year?
    He'd do.
  • Options
    McEverley is Derbys first choice left back so no chance! scored the other day too
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Cover left back ...... what ever happened to that McEverley felllow we borrowed from Derby or someone last year?
    He'd do.

He is now playing for them seemingly as first choice left back
  • Options
    Mark bowen nots doing much these days..
  • Options
    McEverley has been a regular recently with Derby.

For me Jackson ticks all of the boxes . I'm sure he can fill in at Left Back , but if as everyone is predicting we lost players like Bailey, Racon , Semedo and Shelvey if we stay in this Division then a good left sided central midfielder would be a welcome addition.

He has also done well at CCC level for a number of seasons and would add depth to the squad if we are promoted. Decent left sided players have been a problem for a number of seasons because of this I believe he offers something different.

I saw him this season at Barnet and he looked in good nick and took all of their corners / free kicks.

My only downside is that it is a week before a 93 day loan could include a play off final and I could envisage Johnny playing a big role for us.

Maybe also when Youga returns could we allow Spring out on loan to balance the squad